Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cab Direct's Euro 7 van
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:17 pm 
It is right and proper that City of Edinburgh Council should allow the Euro 7 to be used as a taxi in Edinburgh.

Personally, I do not feel encouraged to drive one because of its poorer turning circle, which I use frequently and concerns about the long term build quality of a vehicle whose basic design was not design for taxi type use ie body, sliding doors, engine, transmission etc. But, its competitive influence should prove a benefit, even to TX users.

However, it is little short of scandalous that the council accepts the premise that these vehicles should be introduced in Edinburgh, vehicles which are in use in most other cities in the UK, and yet they have forced Fairways off the road, vehicles which are legally able to be used in most other cities in the UK.

City of Edinburgh Council, not for the first time, is making it up as they go along.

A group action for compensation from Fairway users who were forced to change their vehicles prematurely?

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:21 pm 
I can see your point mate, but when did any council make sense?
We have the E7s down in my area, and they are quite popular. Although the door handle problem is a pain.
I think it boils down to the fact, that if the TXs were the same price and had the same fuel econmy, then no-one would buy the E7.
Sadly thats not the case.