Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:14 pm 

captain cab wrote:
No I'd think they'd act in a similar manner.

I wasnt being critical, I was encoraging debate.

I know, and you did. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:17 pm 

captain cab wrote:
As for the allegations, if theyd have been submitted from the very start then it would have been resolved quicker.

I couldn't agree more. But you have to wonder what utter buffoons keep lying when the truth has been open for all to see for many months.

The Gateshead Goon :^o still thinks that when all (whatever all is) is out, those behind TDO will shut down this site. :lol:

Wishful thinking methinks. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:07 pm 

Robert Black wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Say if the NTA started up a forum similar to this, and then members of the T&G came on it and started telling lie after lie about the NTA. They also might say that the NTA was acting in a corrupt way with councils, and was really only a group of solicitors plying their wares.

Do you think the NTA would stand by and do nothing? :?

Solicitors have to abide by a protocol i think, i could be wrong though.

Its nice to see at least some people from the Northeast accept they might be wrong, makes for a refreshing change. By the way, how far is sunderland from Gateshead?

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:39 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Quote:
They also might not like the way restricted councils are changing their policy at a rapid rate of knots, hence the statements from the NTA and the nonsense spouted in the monthly magazine for professional cab drivers they call Taxitalk.

You are entitled to a right of reply in the case of taxitalk, in the case of a National Body, you have to be a member.

Captain cab

I think you should look at what Mr Cummins said with unblinkered eyes Cap. Here we have a man who thinks that because he writes in a magazine he can say what he wants and most people will believe him. Well because my document is fire proof he had to make false statements which would fit into his bigoted denunciation of what is articulated in the document.

Mr Cummins is not clever enough to realise that he made himself look a complete idiot.

For instance he said,

"Again there is a level of ignorance here, you see not all Taxis are rented out on a night shift. Some drivers PAYE and operate on a percentage of the Takings basis".

The Different aspect of payment methods are not touched upon in the Document, in fact I went out of my way to state the following.

"The track rent for an additional driver will vary around the Country"

Now that to me speaks for itself. I specifically put in that quote because I new some smart azz would come up with exactly what Mr Cummins came up with. He fell right into the Gambit, which I set for him.

I mentioned the most used payment method throughout the country which is weekly flat rent. I can just see the lads in Manchester and throughout the Northwest who have read this article thinking to themselves what a complete pillock this Local TOA person is. It's no wonder he didn't sign his name D Cummins.

Do you know how many people In Manchester use the payment Method Mr Cummings Suggested? "None". Now tell me how many throughout the UK use the payment method Mr Cummings suggested? Not many.

He may have taken in the Liverpool lemmings but the people in the real world will know that Mr Cummins is talking through his azz.

So you see, He made himself look a more than a little stupid and whatsmore, I didn't have to write a word, now that's smart isn't it.

If ever I decide to respond to this minnow, I'll pick my own time and place.

Regards

JD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8