Taxi Driver Online
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/

Rules?
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1836
Page 2 of 3

Author:  captain cab [ Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:44 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
Another complaint by email about this one, but not from the aggrieved party, I should add.

Clearly JD has thwarted the express wishes of the TDO admin by bypassing the word censor to reveal the poster's real name.

However, as I said above the poster has never made any secret about his ID, so to complain now smacks of crying wolf in my opinion.

So there's not really any point in deleting the aggrieved poster's name from the above posts.

This is clearly a bit of a volte-face on TDO's part since last week.

But since the aggrieved poster has had no hestitation in associating with a group guilty of far greater wrongs against TDO than that of JD against him, then I don't think he really has much to complain about as regards our scruples.

Moreover, he was recently responsible for disseminating a forthcoming magazine article falsely accusing TDO of this, that and the next thing, so again it is difficult to entertain any complaints of wrongdoing against him.

We'll have to start calling him Captain Scab


I wish I understood that :shock:


Quote:
Clearly JD has thwarted the express wishes of the TDO admin by bypassing the word censor to reveal the poster's real name.


allegedly :wink:

Quote:
However, as I said above the poster has never made any secret about his ID, so to complain now smacks of crying wolf in my opinion.


and he's never mentioned it either, only other have :shock:

Quote:
But since the aggrieved poster has had no hestitation in associating with a group guilty of far greater wrongs against TDO than that of JD against him, then I don't think he really has much to complain about as regards our scruples.


to whom do you refer, I have never done anything other than take part in this site, I was slightly miffed about one article i considered vindictive, TDO to its credit, sorted it out, to which I have thanked this site for and on other sites too.

Quote:
Moreover, he was recently responsible for disseminating a forthcoming magazine article falsely accusing TDO of this, that and the next thing, so again it is difficult to entertain any complaints of wrongdoing against him.


which article do you refer to? and which article slagged off the site?

Quote:
We'll have to start calling him Captain Scab


you'll have to explain that one

Captain Cab

Author:  TDO [ Mon Apr 25, 2005 9:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Captain, the site I'm referring to is the one that does little other than slag off this one, you knew that surely?

The article I'm referring to is the 'It's that verifiction thing' by Mr Cummins.

Don't tell me someone is using your moniker on there as well :shock:

Author:  captain cab [ Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

Quote:
Captain, the site I'm referring to is the one that does little other than slag off this one, you knew that surely?


Thats true, and I have given them my view on it which was total disagreement to the dissing of this fine site.

Quote:
The article I'm referring to is the 'It's that verifiction thing' by Mr Cummins.


I didnt write the story Mr Cummins did, which you must admit is fairly amusing.

The story was emailed to me and I was asked to post it on that site. The thanks for doing so by the site was and should not have been aimed at me, I have stated this on that site.

I think the article in question is more of a referal to chat rooms in general, I dont think this is a chatroom, do you?

Captain Cab

Author:  TDO [ Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:04 pm ]
Post subject: 

captain cab wrote:

Thats true, and I have given them my view on it which was total disagreement to the dissing of this fine site.



Yes, I know you've stood up for us on there, and I again thank you for that, but suppose they had been disseminating the contents of the spoof PM concerning you that I sent you the other week, ie if the boot was on the other foot?

And they were constantly making these false allegations, calling you corrupt, and constantly misrepresenting what we say on here?

If we were on their site (and thus adding legitimacy to that site) then would you think any differently about us on your site, assuming you had one?

I would hope you would :D

Author:  TDO [ Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

captain cab wrote:
I didnt write the story Mr Cummins did, which you must admit is fairly amusing.

The story was emailed to me and I was asked to post it on that site. The thanks for doing so by the site was and should not have been aimed at me, I have stated this on that site.

I think the article in question is more of a referal to chat rooms in general, I dont think this is a chatroom, do you?



He reffered to chatrooms, but the article was primarly about TDO.

I know you didn't write it, but you did post it.

Author:  TDO [ Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:14 pm ]
Post subject: 

captain cab wrote:
and he's never mentioned it either, only other have :shock:



From my point of view the problem is that you never denied it andyou made no complaint about it to us thus to that extent the implication seemed to be that you weren't that bothered.

Since GA (?) suggested your identity, you have on numerous occasions effectivey posted messages on the assumption that your identity was known.

And, of course, since the claim isn't false, it's ultimately difficult to know what to do about it.

As I've always said, we strive to protect the IDs of members, but unfortunatlely we can't protect members from themselves, for example given that many people in the trade would think of you when your location is mentioned, then to the extent that you've never really been coy about your location then you've let the cat out of the bag yourself :wink:

Author:  captain cab [ Mon Apr 25, 2005 11:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

And I would of naturally thought that when I mentioned my location people would think of a world class football team (i wish!). So thanks for the compliment (local boy done good? depends upon your point of view i suppose).

I have always remained silent as to my identity, therefore neither denying or admitting it. As you will be aware, if i deny it, i maybe lying, if i admit it i may also be lying, therefore i have said zero on the issue.



Quote:

I know you didn't write it, but you did post it.


Just as this site has posted things in the past that it may not agree with but thought worthy of debate, which is of course to the sites credit.

Quote:
And they were constantly making these false allegations, calling you corrupt, and constantly misrepresenting what we say on here?

If we were on their site (and thus adding legitimacy to that site) then would you think any differently about us on your site, assuming you had one?

I would hope you would


I have made my views on this subject known on both sites, to which I fully understand the reasons the site chose to take the action it did, just as that site would take action if the shoe was on the other foot.

As for corrupt, that would take money, unfortunately the trade has long pockets only when it suits them (IE lets pay solicitiors bucketloads to defend the indefensable) but dont have bucketloads when I want to buy an island in the West Indies.

As for feeling differently, I feel I have been treated well by all on both sites, the current disagreement i have with JD is kind of irellavent in the grand scheme of things, because if we concentrate on what we agree on, the disagreements will sort themselves out.

regards

Captain Cab

Author:  JD [ Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:18 pm ]
Post subject: 

captain cab wrote:
And I would of naturally thought that when I mentioned my location people would think of a world class football team (i wish!). So thanks for the compliment (local boy done good? depends upon your point of view i suppose).

I have always remained silent as to my identity, therefore neither denying or admitting it. As you will be aware, if i deny it, i maybe lying, if i admit it i may also be lying, therefore i have said zero on the issue.


The point in question Cap is this.

Should it be the case that just because you write in a journalistic capacity under your original name in a well known Taxi magazine, that comments attributed to that Journalist namely you, should be censored or suppressed for the benefit of no one but yourself?

You obviously believe in the freedom of the press, well it might surprise you that we on here also believe in the freedom of the press. We also believe that the press should be held accountable when they publish stories that are less than accurate and without foundation.

Regards

JD

Author:  Guest [ Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:53 pm ]
Post subject: 

QUESTION HAVE YOU BARRED GEDMAY....MR T

Author:  Sussex [ Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:39 am ]
Post subject: 

MR T wrote:
QUESTION HAVE YOU BARRED GEDMAY....MR T

Why are you asking on here, isn't it best to ask Ged? :?

If he says he is banned, then maybe he has. But it would be interesting to hear why he thinks he has been banned.

But if he hasn't then it would be interesting to hear why he has been spouting off his gob that he has.

Still if it is a big fat lie, then he is telling it in the right place. :roll:

Author:  Guest [ Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:46 am ]
Post subject: 

QUESTION HAVE YOU BARRED GEDMAY....MR T YES OR NO

Author:  Sussex [ Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:50 am ]
Post subject: 

MR T wrote:
QUESTION HAVE YOU BARRED GEDMAY....MR T YES OR NO

I haven't banned anyone, I don't have a banning button on my keyboard, do you? Why not just go and ask Ged, he might give you a better idea.

But what a stupid question, and if he has been banned please come back and tell us why.

Author:  JD [ Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

MR T wrote:
QUESTION HAVE YOU BARRED GEDMAY....MR T YES OR NO


Seeing as you need a little assistance this might refresh your memory?

http://taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtop ... 109d#27857

JD

Author:  TDO [ Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:15 pm ]
Post subject: 

MR T wrote:
QUESTION HAVE YOU BARRED GEDMAY....MR T YES OR NO


No, but if he's claiming he has then it's a bit rich because he departed voluntarily.

Rich, but not at all surprising from him :lol:

Perhaps it's another attempt at martyrdom and sainthood. [-o<

Author:  Guest [ Sun Jul 10, 2005 11:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

:lol: Now....Now....I have only asked a Question....mr T ....

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/