where has the edit post option gone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:31 am 

i think tdo removed this function for obviouse reasons
accountability and deniabilty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:01 pm 

Quite right Ali.

Sorry Steveo, but we had to remove that because some people were abusing it, for example Mr T suddenly decided to effectively delete all of his posts by editing the whole of the posts, and he was clearly intending to remove all he has ever posted using this method, thus ruining all the threads.

It's a pity, because there are obviously legitimate reasons to edit posts, but unfortunately the edit function can effectively be used as a delete function, for example where people want to hide what they said previously and then accuse others of misrepresenting them (say), or basically just want to disrupt the threads. Someone else did a similar thing a few weeks ago.

Thus sadly it's a case of the errant few spoiling it for the rest, once again.

Thus the only answer is to take more time over postings, and make sure you really want to say what you post, and that there are no mistakes etc.

Of course, if anyone has a legitimate reason to want a post edited then all they have to do is send a PM either to myself or Alex, and we will be happy to oblige.

But please don't continually ask us to change HC to H/C, or suchlike :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:14 pm 

TDO wrote:
Quite right Ali.

Sorry Steveo, but we had to remove that because some people were abusing it, for example Mr T suddenly decided to effectively delete all of his posts by editing the whole of the posts, and he was clearly intending to remove all he has ever posted using this method, thus ruining all the threads.

It's a pity, because there are obviously legitimate reasons to edit posts, but unfortunately the edit function can effectively be used as a delete function, for example where people want to hide what they said previously and then accuse others of misrepresenting them (say), or basically just want to disrupt the threads. Someone else did a similar thing a few weeks ago.

Thus the only answer is to take more time over postings, and make sure you really want to say what you post, and that there are no mistakes etc.

Of course, if anyone has a legitimate reason to want a post edited then all they have to do is send a PM either to myself or Alex, and we will be happy to oblige.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:15 pm 

ok, i'll have to copy and paste in to MS word before posting!!

i ususally need to edit most things i most right after hitting the send button.
probably to do with posting after a nightshift....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:42 pm 

TDO wrote:

So T is bellyaching at being binned from TDO, yet he was deleting all his posts. :?

And then he comes back as a benny. :?

The liars forum is defo the place for him. :wink:

Post subject: Re: edit button
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:18 pm 

steveo wrote:

Steveo I've got to hand it to you that bloody avatar is about the most annoying I have ever seen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:49 pm 

Of course it was a handy thing to have, I often saw people acting out scenarios of the things they read on here and other websites.

Apeing what you see on or in any form of the media can be a tricky subject, but theres no watershed on the internet, some people cannot tell myth from reality (no connection to the TDO document :lol: ) but it can be a dangerous thing, so it was handy to be able to remove anything that others could not stand to look at , like the truth :lol:

Post subject: Re: edit button
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:04 pm 

Skull wrote:
steveo wrote:

Steveo I've got to hand it to you that bloody avatar is about the most annoying I have ever seen.

his right eyeball always makes me smile....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:57 pm 

TDO wrote:
Quite right Ali.

f course we can't have the punters editing their posts and Alex too :cry: that would be too many

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:00 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
TDO wrote:
Quite right Ali.

f course we can't have the punters editing their posts and Alex too :cry: that would be too many

Boring, move on, get back to the Jacob's Report?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:09 pm 

Boring? I find the subject to be as fascinating as a night in the bar with the players from Tel Aviv and Hibs, wondering who will buy the first round :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:03 am 

jimbo wrote:
Boring? I find the subject to be as fascinating as a night in the bar with the players from Tel Aviv and Hibs, wondering who will buy the first round :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.nivisec.com/downloads/phpbb/admin_prv_msgs_160rc1.zip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:42 am 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
jimbo wrote:

http://www.nivisec.com/downloads/phpbb/admin_prv_msgs_160rc1.zip

I can see this is going to come as a shock but know one cares. Now what was it you were saying about the News Letter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:16 am 

I think your right, nobody cares, sad really. 8)