Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:35 pm 

It seems all of a sudden, after claims to the contrary by several of the "inner cell" on this forum, that one disagrees at one's peril with the aims of this site.
It is a sad sad day when people like Ali T and Skull have used much more abusive language and belligerence than others, yet are still here when others are barred without even warnings as to their conduct.
A great deal is made about hiding one's real identity, yet most accept JD, TDO, Sussex, Skull, Dusty Bin et al as usernames without question. WHY? Could it be because they are on the right side of the tracks for TDO?
I think the time is rapidly approaching (if it is not already here) when this site becomes irrelevant to serious debate.
One cannot claim to be fair and equitable yet treat people differently on the basis of whether they share your goals or not.
As for my username, it is as acceptable as any other. When I joined, there was no similarity with any other name, yet, TDO and others dare to tell me that I should change it to avoid confusion. They even suggest, again because I disagree with their goals, that I have multiple identities, which again is not true.

Perhaps they cannot distinguish between "myth & reality"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:48 pm 

RealCabforce wrote:
It seems all of a sudden, after claims to the contrary by several of the "inner cell" on this forum, that one disagrees at one's peril with the aims of this site.
It is a sad sad day when people like Ali T and Skull have used much more abusive language and belligerence than others, yet are still here when others are barred without even warnings as to their conduct.
A great deal is made about hiding one's real identity, yet most accept JD, TDO, Sussex, Skull, Dusty Bin et al as usernames without question. WHY? Could it be because they are on the right side of the tracks for TDO?
I think the time is rapidly approaching (if it is not already here) when this site becomes irrelevant to serious debate.
One cannot claim to be fair and equitable yet treat people differently on the basis of whether they share your goals or not.
As for my username, it is as acceptable as any other. When I joined, there was no similarity with any other name, yet, TDO and others dare to tell me that I should change it to avoid confusion. They even suggest, again because I disagree with their goals, that I have multiple identities, which again is not true.

Your arguments just don't stack up and your skewed perspective is one of having a vested interest to protect as do others who support you. This being the case your failure to be objective in your argument is all to apparent, by not, answering anything that doesn't fit in with your working model of the trade.

Think about all the councils that have already de-restricted and why? :shock:

Could it be that the inevitability of the situation is what you are against and not us. :shock:

We debate it, you don't. :roll:

Grow up and smell the coffee. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:38 pm 

actually im barred also, but i got a mod sent to me by rcff and i can now go anywhere i please :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:47 pm 

Anyone who has anything to discuss gets barred from Gladrag's sewing bee.

Then again when you see the standard of debate you can understand why.

I think Stu and Auldyn are as daring as they get. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:46 pm 

RealCabforce wrote:

Realcabforcemoron was desperate to get banned, anyone could see that.

There's some bad language and abuse from both sides, but it's quite clear that he was way above all others in this regard, for example blatantly bypassing the swear word censor.

Also, he consistently posted malicious falsehoods about the site.

I draw your attention to the forum rules, particularly 3 and 4. :D

http://taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1726

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:50 pm 

TDO wrote:

This is typical of the nonsense that comes up every now and again, some posters may have a problem with anonymity, but I don't, for obvious reasons.

However, banned members coming back under a different ID etc is a different issue.

I doubt if Sirius is a real name, and clearly he's poles apart from me, but I don't have a problem with him posting.

However, liars and troublemakers are a different issue :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:01 am 

ALI T wrote:
actually im barred also, but i got a mod sent to me by rcff and i can now go anywhere i please :shock:

Grow up, you just don't cut it with the pathetic attempts you make at humour.

I, not RCFF, gave you full details of that mod for PMs which you claim doesn't work but I know does. One can only assume that you do not have the capability to modify a simple forum. Perhaps you don't even have full access to your pre-installed files? It is after all a simple matter to upload 4 files using any of the freely available FTP programs.
Anyhow, I still await your apology which apparently you don't have the balls to make.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:19 am 

Skull wrote:

Well skull I dont know about that, but I do remember some unfortunate incidents on the Fastblacks forum , but for some reason unknown as of yet, certain individuals did seek to endanger some of the members personal security or there families, indeed they did, but so sure were they in their deluded state of mind were they that they could not see what was wrong with their behaviour, but do you know Gary these were dangerous allegations to make, it caused people no end of damage to their standing in the eyes of the community which they also have to live and work.

They took it to far Skull, devious perverse people who do not care what damage they inflict on innocent peoples lives, but anyway thats another story for another time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:23 am 

TDO wrote:
TDO wrote:

This is typical of the nonsense that comes up every now and again, some posters may have a problem with anonymity, but I don't, for obvious reasons.

However, banned members coming back under a different ID etc is a different issue.

I doubt if Sirius is a real name, and clearly he's poles apart from me, but I don't have a problem with him posting.

However, liars and troublemakers are a different issue :D

Why are you "clearly poles apart" from me :?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:55 am 

RealCabforce wrote:

First of all the aims of this site have nothing whatsoever to do with you or anyone else. This site promotes equality for all and that includes both the Taxi and Private hire trades.

No one twists your arm to come here and read the content or post a message. You do that of your own free will. However while you are here you are expected to behave responsibly as an adult, if your sole intention is to bring this site into disrepute then I'm afraid your stay will be a short one. TDO is probably the most tolerant Taxi forum on the Internet so it might be wise to reflect on that.

Your pal was hit with an ASBO because he was also asked to reflect on his comments and apologise, or produce the evidence to support his accusations that Dusty and myself had been reading Private message. He did neither.

Dusty still gave him a chance to redeem himself but he was so intent on causing disruption that he had to go. Just for you benefit we do know who the character is, so just bear that in mind.

Dusty deserves a lot of credit for giving your buddy more rope than he deserved, if it was down to me he would have gone a lot sooner.

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:34 am 

Sirius wrote:
Skull wrote:

Well skull I dont know about that, but I do remember some unfortunate incidents on the Fastblacks forum , but for some reason unknown as of yet, certain individuals did seek to endanger some of the members personal security or there families, indeed they did, but so sure were they in their deluded state of mind were they that they could not see what was wrong with their behaviour, but do you know Gary these were dangerous allegations to make, it caused people no end of damage to their standing in the eyes of the community which they also have to live and work.

They took it to far Skull, devious perverse people who do not care what damage they inflict on innocent peoples lives, but anyway thats another story for another time.

no no please go on im dying to hear this ????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:45 pm 

No sorry Ali, this is a Forum about Taxis, lets keep it that way, but you guys almost started to do the same thing on here, it's not clever to use other peoples private lives, or suffering, or wreck peoples business's to advance an argument, it's about human decency Ali not depravity.

If an individual wants others to know their private and personal details they are free to do so, it's the fact that you guys try to use a form of moral blackmail against anyone you feel is a threat or you dont like that gets up my nose, I wont tolerate it, nobody should.

You have to start thinking about the collateral damage you can cause with some of this stuff, try and see the bigger picture if thats possible. :-|

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:35 pm 

Sirius wrote:

We don't seem to agree on very much :?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:56 pm 

TDO wrote:
Sirius wrote:

We don't seem to agree on very much :?

Does anyone?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:29 pm 

greenbadgecabby wrote:
Does anyone?

Well I do. :D