Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:50 pm 

I hope Terry isn't banned, I wanted to apologise to him.

It has recently been brought to my attention that Lord Mountbatten was responsible for the fateful raid on Dieppe during World War 2, costing some 2000 allied prisoners of war and 1000 lives of allied servicemen.

The raid was a complete disaster and Mountbatten tried pinning the blame on anyone but himself for not doing the correct intelligence work. Indeed he went so far as to try and blame the soon to be Field Marshal Montgomery who was in the Middle East at the time of the operation.

In Montgomery's view Mountbatten was promoted beyond his capabilities.

So Terry....if your reading this, Mountbatten was certainly no saint.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:51 pm 

I hope Terry isn't banned, I wanted to apologise to him.

It has recently been brought to my attention that Lord Mountbatten was responsible for the fateful raid on Dieppe during World War 2, costing some 2000 allied prisoners of war and 1000 lives of allied servicemen.

The raid was a complete disaster and Mountbatten tried pinning the blame on anyone but himself for not doing the correct intelligence work. Indeed he went so far as to try and blame the soon to be Field Marshal Montgomery who was in the Middle East at the time of the operation.

In Montgomery's view Mountbatten was promoted beyond his capabilities.

So Terry....if your reading this, Mountbatten was certainly no saint.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:53 pm 

JD wrote:

Mr Flanagan is not banned from this site, if he can't access the site at this particular time then there is obviously a reason for it

I'd like to moot the idea it's because he's a clown. But I would say that would'nt I? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:54 pm 

south london cab wrote:
Mark my words Sussex, alias Seagull

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:56 pm 

south london cab wrote:
MARK my words.

We have Mr Mckensie, we have. Any particular colour? Red perhaps? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:43 am 

GBC wrote:
JD wrote:

Mr Flanagan is not banned from this site, if he can't access the site at this particular time then there is obviously a reason for it

I'd like to moot the idea it's because he's a clown. But I would say that would'nt I? :D

I think you will find its a technical hitch and I really cannot understand what all the fuss is about. He certainly hasn't been banned.

Regards

JD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:13 am 
Terry phoned me up on monday 12th feb saying he's having trouble logging in......!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:42 pm 

south london cab wrote:
Dear Brothers and Sisters and Brighton, joking aside, the GMB branch secretary, Terry Flannigan, still appears to be banned from this site. Despite protestation to the contrary it would appear that he still cannot access to the forum. Mark my words Sussex, alias Seagull, having the GMB sort out your industrial problems and then doing this will be seen by everyone else on this site, even those who dislike Terry and do not like his political views as either

a) the petulance of a highly strung and irrational Brighton boy.

or

b) a deliberate attempt to silence industrial and political views that you cannot cope with.

The truth may hurt but it will always win through in the end MARK my words.

Thinking on.....I don't think it matters what the guys name is....he's always been polite and helpful to me on here and most other people. Even his put downs are incredibly polite.

If he wants to keep his anonymity then surely that's his prerogative.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:04 pm 

tm wrote:
Terry phoned me up on monday 12th feb saying he's having trouble logging in......!

You could tell him the boys wish him all the best - but we are enjoying the rest, and to take his time, no rush, honest. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:43 pm 

tm wrote:

I told him. [-(

If he keeps going on about bombs and the IRA, people will be watching him closely, he'll dismiss it as a joke, but the internet is monitored. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:54 pm 

south london cab wrote:
Dear Brothers and Sisters and Brighton, joking aside, the GMB branch secretary, Terry Flannigan, still appears to be banned from this site. Despite protestation to the contrary it would appear that he still cannot access to the forum. Mark my words Sussex, alias Seagull, having the GMB sort out your industrial problems and then doing this will be seen by everyone else on this site, even those who dislike Terry and do not like his political views as either

or

b) a deliberate attempt to silence industrial and political views that you cannot cope with.

Not sure whether I'm a brother or sister, depends on the time of day I suppose, but Mr South London Cab Terry hasn't/wasn't banned from this froum.

Maybe he will tell everyone when he comes back on what happened, but from this end everything is working 100%. But I have sent him a fresh password so you can rejoice at his second coming. :lol: :lol:

As for your comments about stopping debate and the mass conspiracy to stop members of the GMB posting their views, I think you must have put your stupid head on. If that was the case do you think the lads behind TDO would have set up this forum, free of charge, to allow anyone concerned with the taxi and private hire biz to post any questions and offer any advice? :?

This has not only helped many people on the site, but countless people off it. So if you are so concerned with helping the taxi and private hire biz why don't you start up your own forum, you can use any info on here for free.

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:36 pm 

Alex wrote:

Not sure whether I'm a brother or sister, depends on the time of day I suppose, but Mr South London Cab Terry hasn't/wasn't banned from this froum.

Maybe he will tell everyone when he comes back on what happened, but from this end everything is working 100%. But I have sent him a fresh password so you can rejoice at his second coming. :lol: :lol:
Alex

WHAT,
what have you gone and done, this is unforgivable :shock:

Alex now we know who to blame for getting him back on the forum :roll: I just knew the peace would not last for long, the good things in life dont. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:54 pm 

Alex wrote:
south london cab wrote:

or

Alex

According to Terry, no email has been recieved :shock:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:08 pm 

Not banned but his password was corrupted.

No-one else's.

Php must have changed.

B. Lucky :D

TF pi$$ed on his chips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:29 pm 

Well Cap I'll go along with that what's in a name or four. I couldn't give a monkey's what anyone calls themselves the only point is getting to the truth in relation to the issues that face this industry. Banning Terry didn't help even if it was reduced to a suspension/technical error. Hope he is back on soon.

The fact that he has had contributuions edited and there is now a suggestion that I work harder at getting a GMB site up and running and don't use this one any more would seem to suggest a raw nerve has been touched.

Truth! Not up to it technologically yet, but, if either of the four psuedo's are frightened about what may be said next, free of charge, just say so.

I always thought you were meant to relax after a good plating but perhaps some people feel guilty. 4x4=polution 4x5=20

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next