Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:00 pm 

gusmac wrote:
Skull wrote:
Now I've got a question for you Gusmac, do you believe I am telling the truth about how the consultation process really works and why? :-|

I believe that you believe it.

I also believe that you are sure you are 100% right and that you cannot ever entertain the possibility that you could be wrong. :roll:

Gusmac, not only do you need to read the right books, and one in-particular about understanding how power works. You need to follow the logic and reason behind what I have said. It would be ludicrous for them to do it any other way as they would be working against their own interests.

Oh and did I forget to mention, i have two family members, now retired, who worked very high up in Edinburgh council that would tell you exactly the same as I did.

So you see Gusmac, you are part of the problem and not the solution. #-o

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:54 pm 

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Sir Winston Churchill

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:55 pm 

gusmac wrote:
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Sir Winston Churchill

:roll:

Gusmac, my little Tartan person, through your ignorance and unwillingness to become more informed, you have shown yourself to be a fanatic of the worst kind.

A real man would have acknowledged the truth of what I’ve written, taken it on board and become the better for it. Instead, you act like a petulant child who's had his misguided beliefs royally spanked.

Grow up son… #-o :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:08 pm 

Pot and kettle my son. Pot and kettle :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:22 pm 

gusmac wrote:
Pot and kettle my son. Pot and kettle :shock:

Well, at least you now know, how the system really works and what it would take to have a government truly representative of its electorate. :-| Oh and you also know what you won't be getting when you put your little tartan cross in the box for Independence. :-|

It's a nice dream Gusmac. :-|

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:50 pm 

Skull, you're full of shit.

Having not read what in your opinion constitutes the right books, doesn't make you right or I wrong.
These (as yet unnamed) tomes hardly constitute evidence of anything, other than your absolute belief in your own infallibility and your refusal to concede that you might actually be wrong.
The same goes for the two family members, now retired, who worked very high up in Edinburgh council which you suddenly produced like invisible rabbits from a magicians hat. Family connections which seem have done you no good in the past, I might add.

Now I accept that politicians often do what is in their interests. You would have us believe they do nothing else.
Face it, no matter how corrupt a council may be, they still have to empty the bins. The electorate would notice if they didn't.

Now, getting back to the substance of this thread.

If, as you allege, the consultation process is pointless and the outcome already decided by people acting in their own interests, what is that outcome and in what way will they profit by it?

I await your response with anticipation, hoping that you actually know something and aren't just speaking shite.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:56 pm 

Skull wrote:
Well, at least you now know, how the system really works

No Skull, I don't know it all and I realise that. Trouble is, neither do you and you don't realise it.

As for a government truly representative of its electorate, that's a real dream.
You have more chance of being elected pope than ever seeing it come to pass.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:49 pm 

It’s a political machine Gusmac. It has an agenda. The consultation process is set out with that purpose in mind. The information they seek is in support of their proposals and ultimately, their policy. I say again, it is simply not in their interests to solicit information contrary to their objectives.

When they commission consultants, they go out knowing what they are expected to achieve.
I’m not making this up. It's the absolute truth, and common knowledge, in political circles. It’s actually the norm, of how they behave when writing policy.

As for stakeholders being involved throughout the consultation process, it’s a joke. If it doesn’t suit their political agenda, they will roll right over the top of anyone who gets in their way.

Oh and the family members, are my sister and my brother in-law both of whom both worked as managers of their own departments for over thirty years.

Read Chomsky book, Understanding Power. Oh and don’t knock it until you’ve read it. The difference between you and me gusmac, is what you want to believe and what I know to be true.

As for their objectives and what's in it for them, one word, control, but to what ends, your guess is as good as mine on this matter. :-|

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:55 pm 

Oh and gusmac, if you need proof, think, Edinburgh Trams. Almost everyone in Edinburgh was against the trams, but they went ahead anyway. #-o

What happened to all that consultation before spending millions making a bloody mess that no one wanted? #-o

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:25 pm 

The Consultation and based on the fears within our Scottish trade concerning the growth and easy access to organised crime gangs of the PH trade has delivered the Tightening up of the regulations governing our Trade Skull, it has also come up with a few other crackers, one being the onus is the driver must now prove he is fit and proper, surely this slows down the growth of unfit/immigrants who have a criminal past or can hardly speak our langauge never mind the knowledge of our country, the fit and proper is a fair addition, another is Devolving power to LAs as they see fit, you can't now use the London model in your quest to de-restrict, Aknowledging differences in LAs is huge, the english should jump on this issue, Skull we get what your saying about Power but this Government are different, what your saying is all based on the past, the consultation is based on the future, it makes sense to me, they did listen to stakeholders :wink:

Anyway im of to New York on a fact finding mission :lol:

Skull Game Over :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:50 pm 

Private Reggie wrote:
The Consultation and based on the fears within our Scottish trade concerning the growth and easy access to organised crime gangs of the PH trade has delivered the Tightening up of the regulations governing our Trade Skull, it has also come up with a few other crackers, one being the onus is the driver must now prove he is fit and proper, surely this slows down the growth of unfit/immigrants who have a criminal past or can hardly speak our langauge never mind the knowledge of our country, the fit and proper is a fair addition, another is Devolving power to LAs as they see fit, you can't now use the London model in your quest to de-restrict, Aknowledging differences in LAs is huge, the english should jump on this issue, Skull we get what your saying about Power but this Government are different, what your saying is all based on the past, the consultation is based on the future, it makes sense to me, they did listen to stakeholders :wink:

Anyway im of to New York on a fact finding mission :lol:

Skull Game Over :D

Dougie, what you want to believe is up to you, but what I am telling you about how local government and the consultation process works, is the truth. MacAskill has a political agenda, and cares not a jot about stakeholders driving taxis. You and people like you (Gusmac), are an afterthought. The political system simply lacks the checks and balances to hold the likes of MacAskill to account. So why care about you? My input on this subject was specifically directed at the complete shi*e, gusmac wrote.

Gusmac wrote:
Quote:
The whole point of a consultation period is so that everyone can have their input and the right balance achieved. You should take part and make sure your views are heard.

Now as far as your precious trade is concerned, the benefits derived from granting councils more powers, could be short lived, and might end up working against your interests. The Ph, industry isn’t going anywhere and legitimate companies will simply adapt to raise standards even further.

Oh and Dougie, we’ve always said there should be a level playing field, whether driving a taxi or ph, because basically, it’s the same job. So once again, their proposals are nothing more than what Jim and I said should happen, years ago.

Oh and Dougie, be careful what you wish for. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:57 pm 

Dougie Wrote: #-o
Quote:
Skull we get what your saying about Power but this Government are different, what your saying is all based on the past, the consultation is based on the future, it makes sense to me, they did listen to stakeholders

Dougie, some of the things you come out with seem to be based on faith. It's almost like you've joined some sort of SNP, cult.

Honestly, if I was MacAskill, I would bring in Psych testing for taxi drivers, and you would be out of a job. #-o

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:40 pm 

Skull wrote:

Dougie, what you want to believe is up to you, but what I am telling you about how local government and the consultation process works, is the truth.

This isn't local government #-o

Quote:
MacAskill has a political agenda, and cares not a jot about stakeholders driving taxis.

So what's his agenda?

Quote:
So once again, their proposals are nothing more than what Jim and I said should happen, years ago.

So are we to believe now that the agenda is to do what you wanted all along? :roll: #-o

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:58 pm 

Gusmac writes:
Quote:
This isn't local government

It matters not a jot, at parliamentary level they’ll take you to War based on false information.

Quote:
So what's his agenda?

His first objective, as always, is control of the situation. It has nothing to do with daft wee taxi driving stakeholders. You would have to be mad to believe otherwise. #-o

Quote:
So are we to believe now that the agenda is to do what you wanted all along?

No, but we’ve always said that Ph, should be governed by the same regulations as the taxi trade, because they are basically doing the same job. I might add, I'm not really interested in this taxi/ph sh*t but to think politicians care about those working in the ar*ehole of society, is a joke. #-o

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:08 am 

I can just see Kenny MacAskill, tossing and turning in his bed at night, sweating over the offerings from the taxi trade as part of his “consultation” process. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

“What can I do to make the life of Dougie and Gusmac more financially rewarding and how do I go about protecting them as stakeholders?”

He’s probably racked with indecision. #-o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm surprised he's not got you and Dougie on speed dial. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next