Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:17 pm 

Hi Ladies/Gents
The above act and its agency Independant Safeguardrding Authority comes into fruitition on the 26th July 2010. Drivers who do school/vulnerable persons contracts will need to be registered by the above authority. The new CRB form (from the above date) requires the driver to enter a requirement for registation not the licensing authority. Cost is £64 for life but there is a proviso for the fee to be waiverd in the early years of this requirement subject to authortity applying for it. Branch Officers need to sort out who is applying for the above registration i.e. Local authority where schools contracts are involved or the Taxi Licensing office. The Driver Taxi/PH organisations tried to get a blanket requirement for registration for all drivers without this extra payment as the CRB Enhance form already gives the information that ISA will hold but the DFT would not grant this arrangement. The RMT after the system has settle down will try with its parlimentary representation again.
WEb site Independant Safeguarding Auth will give you upto date news briefings. The Act is available in PDF form or £13.50 from Stationary office.

Dave Vidgen RMT London Taxi Branch. 0789 0786433.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:28 pm 

Does this also cover Scotland, or will there be separate legislation up here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:55 pm 

FFS.......If the Government takes any more money off me for ISA's than they mandatorily already do through 2 different Enhanced procedure Checks, D4 Medicals, NI, VAT, Fuel Tax, VED, Insurance policy Tax, Income Tax, Council Tax, Drivers Licence renewals, PH vehicle Licence and PH drivers Licence....then I might as well jack it all in and then Start taking my government Investment back by way of signing on the bloody dole.

Talk about Obsticals being put in your way!!....this government is as bad as the last one for making a Recession even more unpalatable than it needs be.

No onder we are in a mess....we cant do bugger all for the red tape and rules. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:07 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
FFS.......If the Government takes any more money off me for ISA's than they mandatorily already do through 2 different Enhanced procedure Checks, D4 Medicals, NI, VAT, Fuel Tax, VED, Insurance policy Tax, Income Tax, Council Tax, Drivers Licence renewals, PH vehicle Licence and PH drivers Licence....then I might as well jack it all in and then Start taking my government Investment back by way of signing on the bloody dole.

Talk about Obsticals being put in your way!!....this government is as bad as the last one for making a Recession even more unpalatable than it needs be.

No onder we are in a mess....we cant do bugger all for the red tape and rules. :roll:

This has nothing to do with the present government. This has been a requirement for at least 2 years, it has only just been implemented.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:48 pm 

This only affects those who carry out contracts with local authorities doesn't it?

CC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:55 am 

DJV wrote:
Hi Ladies/Gents
The above act and its agency Independant Safeguardrding Authority comes into fruitition on the 26th July 2010.

It appears not.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/10314055.stm

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:10 am 

Alex wrote:
DJV wrote:
Hi Ladies/Gents
The above act and its agency Independant Safeguardrding Authority comes into fruitition on the 26th July 2010.

It appears not.

Alex

Great news....but does that only affect England, Wales and Northern Ireland because I see no mention of whats happening in Scotland...and as always that bin bag of Scottish parliamentary flatulance will take a Sledge hammer to crack a nut, they are a bigger pain than the ailment they seek to remedy... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:15 pm 

Alex wrote:
DJV wrote:
Hi Ladies/Gents

It appears not.

Alex

I wonder how much of the tax payers money has already been spent in preparation of this and how much more will be spent in reviewing it again :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:06 pm 

Dear DJV, can you confirm that Ian Huntley would have come up as "clear" if checked prior to him slaughtering 2 schoolgirld?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:06 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:
Dear DJV, can you confirm that Ian Huntley would have come up as "clear" if checked prior to him slaughtering 2 schoolgirld?...

Under the current CRB maybe, under the proposed ISA no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:13 pm 

Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

Whys that then? What does the ISA intend doing that the CRB already doesnt do?...had He previous form?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:46 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

Whys that then? What does the ISA intend doing that the CRB already doesnt do?...had He previous form?

I think there was something in Hull.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:59 pm 

It was stated somewhere that this ISA holds information OTHER than a persons actual criminal record, the worry is who controls what is allowed, does it carry gossip/hearsay, being inteviewed by police, cases where charges are dropped or court cases with a not guilty verdict

its dodgy territory and very thin ice....

if paedos offences were predictable none would happen would they

as for Huntley, I thought the school hadnt even done a CRB, on him or his missus/GF...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:39 pm 

bloodnock wrote:

The CRB is a record of criminal activity, or not as the case may be.

The ISA is a record of just about anything which would reflect negativity on a person working with vulnerable people.

With the CRB you could be a mass murderer, but it still doesn't stop you getting a job if it's your mate doing the checking.

With the ISA you must be on a list to get a job, do anything iffy, or be seen to be iffy by the ISA folks, you are off that list.

Not on list, no job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:31 pm 

Sussex wrote:
bloodnock wrote:

The CRB is a record of criminal activity, or not as the case may be.

The ISA is a record of just about anything which would reflect negativity on a person working with vulnerable people.
With the CRB you could be a mass murderer, but it still doesn't stop you getting a job if it's your mate doing the checking.

With the ISA you must be on a list to get a job, do anything iffy, or be seen to be iffy by the ISA folks, you are off that list.

Not on list, no job.

does the ISA have to reveal its sources?

isnt it tantamount to a kangaroo court?

is it taking police "intel" as verbatim?

this is not good

i used to deliver catering supplies to schools, i assume that would require a ISA?