Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:31 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:25 pm
Posts: 186
Location: Derbyshire
Just read it and my conclusion is...........

my head hurts!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45456
Location: 1066 Country
Derby Ram wrote:
Just read it and my conclusion is...........

my head hurts!

Nice history lesson though. :D

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45456
Location: 1066 Country
I'm led to believe that the NPHA and Unite are well miffed with this judgement.

Well best they join up with others and get it sorted.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36972
Location: Wayneistan
Sussex wrote:
I'm led to believe that the NPHA and Unite are well miffed with this judgement.

Well best they join up with others and get it sorted.


I heard that too, but I wonder what they expected?

CC

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45456
Location: 1066 Country
captain cab wrote:
I heard that too, but I wonder what they expected?

Maybe they expected the judges to declare all drivers must have Btecs or NVQs. :roll: :roll: :roll:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36972
Location: Wayneistan
Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:
I heard that too, but I wonder what they expected?

Maybe they expected the judges to declare all drivers must have Btecs or NVQs. :roll: :roll: :roll:


:lol:

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:11 pm
Posts: 8119
Location: A Villa in Aston NO MORE!
Sussex wrote:
I'm led to believe that the NPHA and Unite are well miffed with this judgement.

Well best they join up with others and get it sorted.

There is, I believe, method in Munby's LJ apparent madness.

At the moment it just reinforces the Berwick case & there are enough people that believe that is just plain wrong.

Watch this space; this could be a ground breaking case in taxi legisaltion . . . in due course

_________________
Kind regards,

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:30 am
Posts: 28
Location: Staffs
Is this interpretation of whats gone on been said correct?

Technically, dependent on how you wish to interpret the law, there has never been anything stopping HCs from Council A accepting pre-booked jobs to pick up in Council B and drop off in B and a the fare would have to be agreed beforehand. They could do this without ever plying for work in area A.

If A operators started using HCs from B, you would expect the HC jobs to be recorded on the PH Operator booking records.

What I see being a problem is loss of plate identity. Members of the public will be ringing PH firms and HCs from a different district will be turning up to pick them up. There would also be confusion surrounding meters not being used, vehicle colour policy, age restrictions etc, etc.

Also, when you consider some PH Operators have to pay a fee to the Council per PH vehicle it operates, they would be getting around this if they started using HCs from outside of their area( I think anyway). Also prices to licence in different LA’s vary significantly and this would come into the equation too.

I wouldn’t see it affecting some areas but down here in the midlands where we share borders with Birmingham, Wolverhampton, and Sandwell, if the trade catch onto this (which they will) it will happen on a large scale.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:11 pm
Posts: 8119
Location: A Villa in Aston NO MORE!
Staffs Taxi Man wrote:
Is this interpretation of whats gone on been said correct?

Technically, dependent on how you wish to interpret the law, there has never been anything stopping HCs from Council A accepting pre-booked jobs to pick up in Council B and drop off in B and a the fare would have to be agreed beforehand. They could do this without ever plying for work in area A.

If A operators started using HCs from B, you would expect the HC jobs to be recorded on the PH Operator booking records.

What I see being a problem is loss of plate identity. Members of the public will be ringing PH firms and HCs from a different district will be turning up to pick them up. There would also be confusion surrounding meters not being used, vehicle colour policy, age restrictions etc, etc.

Also, when you consider some PH Operators have to pay a fee to the Council per PH vehicle it operates, they would be getting around this if they started using HCs from outside of their area( I think anyway). Also prices to licence in different LA’s vary significantly and this would come into the equation too.

I wouldn’t see it affecting some areas but down here in the midlands where we share borders with Birmingham, Wolverhampton, and Sandwell, if the trade catch onto this (which they will) it will happen on a large scale.

The biggest problem in non-accountability!!

As has been said, Mr Rich Plate-Baron goes to British Car Auctions & buys 50 old bangers for between £150 & £300 each & ranging in age from 11 to 16 years-old.

He then licenses them, by post, as HCs in Berwick-upon-Tweed, because they only need a remote MOT to get a licence in that LA.

Mr Rich Plate-Baron then gets a PH Operator Licence (or NOT) in the City of Highlicensingstandards & uses the clapped out Berwick HCs on the PH system, completely circumventing the licensing standards of that licensing authority!

Oh, I forgot! Mr Rich Plate-Baron may have to have one PHV on his system to comply with local conditions, if he decides to get a PHOL.

There is nothing that the City of Highlicensingstandards can do to stop Mr Rich Plate-Baron from continuing to operate in this manner.

And I think that if he was to use only remote licensed HC on a radio system, he does not even need a PH Operator Licence.

_________________
Kind regards,

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45456
Location: 1066 Country
The problem is that drivers being used are not licensed by the authorities in the areas that they work.

All this will lead to is a steady deterioration of standards, as why should anyone aspire to improving standards when some c*** operator can scan the country for the lowest standards for his firm?

Is that operator 'fit and proper'? Methinks not. :sad:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45456
Location: 1066 Country
Mr Button kindly gives a professional viewpoint about this judgement via the IoL website.

http://www.instituteoflicensing.org/art ... es+BC.html

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:11 pm
Posts: 8119
Location: A Villa in Aston NO MORE!
captain cab wrote:
http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Admin/2010/2430.html

CC

They will ALL be having a chat about this in Coventry on Wednesday 20th October 2010.

Click below!

A Chat About Things Taxi!

I've been told that non-members can register & attend at & after 11.00hrs, but I am yet to investigate whether that is true.

If it is, I will be attending; it's only 20 minutes down the road.

The items at 11.30, 11.45, 13.20, 14.25 & 14.40 ( :lol: :lol: :lol: ) should all be of interest.

_________________
Kind regards,

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45456
Location: 1066 Country
See someone is still intent on keeping his nose in the trough.

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:11 pm
Posts: 8119
Location: A Villa in Aston NO MORE!
Sussex wrote:
See someone is still intent on keeping his nose in the trough.

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

Whose nose, which trough?

:-k :-k :-k :-k

_________________
Kind regards,

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 45456
Location: 1066 Country
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Sussex wrote:
See someone is still intent on keeping his nose in the trough.

[-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X [-X

Whose nose, which trough?

:-k :-k :-k :-k

Not yours Mr BC. :wink:

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group