All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:33 pm 

ian wrote:

I suggest you join a trade body and find out or push for it then
and which trade body would that be ?[/quote]

I suggest one with lots of money :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:56 pm 

captain cab wrote:
“operate” means in the course of business to make provision for the invitation or acceptance of bookings for a private hire vehicle;

the driver of the PHV doesn't make provision for the invitation or acceptance of bookings for the PHV - that is the remit of the operator.
the question is who business ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 pm 

ian wrote:

A PH driver doesn't need an operator's license if he isn't advertising or taking his own bookings. That's the law of this land.

If the PH driver is taking bookings from a licensed PH operator in the same area, then he doesn't himself need an operator's license. That's the law of the land.

If however your belief that all PH drivers need operator licenses, even if they don't advertise or take their own bookings, then that would lead to drivers only being able to work the area they live, and should they wish to move house to a different area then they would have to change the area they worked also. That's the law of the madhouse. #-o

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:29 pm 

Sussex wrote:
ian wrote:

A PH driver doesn't need an operator's license if he isn't advertising or taking his own bookings. That's the law of this land.

If the PH driver is taking bookings from a licensed PH operator in the same area, then he doesn't himself need an operator's license. That's the law of the land.

If however your belief that all PH drivers need operator licenses, even if they don't advertise or take their own bookings, then that would lead to drivers only being able to work the area they live, and should they wish to move house to a different area then they would have to change the area they worked also. That's the law of the madhouse. #-o
I note that you say, that this is the law of the land ?
Then you should have no trouble in highlighting the relevant sections of the Act that supports your assertions

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:07 pm 

ian wrote:
Then you should have no trouble in highlighting the relevant sections of the Act that supports your assertions

That's not the way laws work.

If there isn't a law saying you can't do this that or the other, then you can.

So to quote you, highlight where it says that PH drivers must have PH operator licenses.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:56 pm 

Sussex wrote:
ian wrote:

That's not the way laws work.

If there isn't a law saying you can't do this that or the other, then you can.

So to quote you, highlight where it says that PH drivers must have PH operator licenses.
unfortunately you are in a regulated industry, and the relevant sections are numbered in consecutive order, beginning with section 45 through to section 80.
Therefore I suggest that you read the Act very carefully as it makes it perfectly clear what is required in order to establish the correct link between, driver, vehicle, and operator licensing, by simply using the correct business methodology that establishes joinder.

Example :-) any individual wishing to start to their own business as a sole trader in the private hire industry will need to obtain all three licenses :-) a private hire drivers license :-) a private hire vehicle license :-) a private hire operators license, otherwise he or she will be committing an offense under the said Act.

Then clearly just by applying the simplest business mechanics and in the right order establishes joinder, which then creates the appropriate lawful business mode of model in operation, i.e. sole trader, a partnership, a limited liability partnership, or limited company.

It would appear that you are advocating a double standard hear ?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:07 am 

I suspect many very clever people have read the acts very carefully over many years, yet you are the first one to uncover the law that says all PH drivers must have PH operator licenses.

This newly found law of yours will effect 100s of 1000s of people, so I find it interesting that no-one has mentioned it before.

However we all live and learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:11 am 

Sussex wrote:
I suspect many very clever people have read the acts very carefully over many years, yet you are the first one to uncover the law that says all PH drivers must have PH operator licenses.

This newly found law of yours will effect 100s of 1000s of people, so I find it interesting that no-one has mentioned it before.

However we all live and learn.
:- go to

[u]hittps:/www.gov.uk/browse-business/setting-up

[u]hittps:/www.gov.uk/set-up-business-uk

[u]hittps:/www.gov.uk/browse-business/sale-goods-services-data

[u]hittps:/www.gov.uk-invoiccing-and-taking-payment-from-customers/overview

[u]hittps:/www.gov.uk/private-hire-vehicle-operator-licence-outside-london