Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:06 pm
Posts: 1306
Location: Bolton(best town around)
who are Taxi drivers, but the poor sods that have to pay out after we dont count.

_________________
C. Oakes


The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 41688
Location: 1066 Country
andycable wrote:
Nothing against you at all captaincab , I just think WAV's only on ranks and WAV's only to be hailed.

Doesn't he agree with that, but it's got to be all or nothing? :?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
RPLawCommission wrote:
Hello,

This is Richard Percival from the Law Commission. I've noticed that our consultation paper has led to a great deal of discussion on this forum, and I'd like to take the opportunity to invite you to share your views with us by making a formal response. We can't participate in discussions on this or other forums, and we can't take blog posts into account as formal responses, but your views are important to us and I would encourage you to make a formal response. You can do this by emailing us at tph@lawcommission.gsi.gov.uk. If you have any queries about our project, you can contact us at the same address.

I'd also like to stress that this is very much a consultation document - the proposals it contains are provisional, and we are open to changing our minds on the basis of what we are told during consultation. It is really important to us to engage with as many people as possible, particularly those within the trades, and your contribution would be much appreciated.

We look forward to hearing from you.


I think this should be brought forward again as it seems to have lost it's way a little bit

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 41688
Location: 1066 Country
toots wrote:
I think this should be brought forward again as it seems to have lost it's way a little bit

Indeed.

Trade members need to respond to the consultation with their views, bypassing the pathetic national trade representatives (NTA and maybe GMB exempt) who would have gladly signed away our futures, if they hadn't been given a few home truths by one of TDO's finest.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:
I think this should be brought forward again as it seems to have lost it's way a little bit

Indeed.

Trade members need to respond to the consultation with their views, bypassing the pathetic national trade representatives (NTA and maybe GMB exempt) who would have gladly signed away our futures, if they hadn't been given a few home truths by one of TDO's finest.


You're assuming they'll remember what they have been told or care for that matter as I'm convinced the only thing some reps are concerned with is providing inappropriate training and lining their own pockets, much the same way as the private hire operators are

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 41688
Location: 1066 Country
toots wrote:
You're assuming they'll remember what they have been told or care for that matter as I'm convinced the only thing some reps are concerned with is providing inappropriate training and lining their own pockets, much the same way as the private hire operators are

You make a good point, but in fairness to operators they don't pretend otherwise.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 3091
Location: Plymouth
The problem with the "Training" and I hesitate to call it that is, it does not make a blind bit of difference. Not one driver who has undergone it has:

a Learnt anything.

b Changed their ways.

c Profited financially from it (not including "if it's not done we take away your badge").

Therefore I suggest that the only ones who benefit are the "Training Providers".

Drivers - no benefit.

Passengers - no benefit.

LA's - no benefit.

Over to you Toots - is this gonna cost me another?

_________________
Chris The Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:
You're assuming they'll remember what they have been told or care for that matter as I'm convinced the only thing some reps are concerned with is providing inappropriate training and lining their own pockets, much the same way as the private hire operators are

You make a good point, but in fairness to operators they don't pretend otherwise.


So you're suggesting that the argument they use to have areas opened up so they can have more drivers was to line their own pockets, I think not. I would suggest they used something along the lines of 'it's better for the customer'

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
Chris the Fish wrote:
The problem with the "Training" and I hesitate to call it that is, it does not make a blind bit of difference. Not one driver who has undergone it has:

a Learnt anything.

b Changed their ways.

c Profited financially from it (not including "if it's not done we take away your badge").

Therefore I suggest that the only ones who benefit are the "Training Providers".

Drivers - no benefit.

Passengers - no benefit.

LA's - no benefit.

Over to you Toots - is this gonna cost me another?


I've never been in favour of the content of the NVQ although some drivers I have met have benefited from attending the course, more by way of realising that education isn't as scary as they first thought it would be. I have known a few that have taken other unrelated courses after they completed the NVQ in RPT. I've also been more interested in the new drivers and teaching more SME based information. I think it is important that drivers are assisted to set up as a business rather than just a driver and yes it is going to cost you another wobbly :wink:

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 1:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
I would be surprised if 75% of taxi and private hire drivers are aware of this consultation paper. I think it is vitally important that members of the Law Commission actually start visiting some ranks, I appreciate it is a time consuming exercise but it affects so many lives. It is typical that everybody with an ulterior motive are possibly the only ones to be heard. That is not to say all trade reps are the same there are some very decent and hard working reps out there, but, they only represent those that already know they exist and already know the existence of the consultation. I would hate to see reform that enslaves even more drivers so operators can make vast amounts of money at the expense of public safety and driver wellbeing.

I am all for consumer choice but I'm not too fond of unnecessary greed :wink:

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 3091
Location: Plymouth
toots wrote:
That is not to say all trade reps are the same there are some very decent and hard working reps out there


That me? :lol:

_________________
Chris The Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 12:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
Chris the Fish wrote:
toots wrote:
That is not to say all trade reps are the same there are some very decent and hard working reps out there


That me? :lol:


I'm sure you are one of them :D You do supply the bestest wobblys :lol:

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:26 pm
Posts: 7965
RPLawCommission wrote:
Hello,

This is Richard Percival from the Law Commission. I've noticed that our consultation paper has led to a great deal of discussion on this forum, and I'd like to take the opportunity to invite you to share your views with us by making a formal response. We can't participate in discussions on this or other forums, and we can't take blog posts into account as formal responses, but your views are important to us and I would encourage you to make a formal response. You can do this by emailing us at tph@lawcommission.gsi.gov.uk. If you have any queries about our project, you can contact us at the same address.

I'd also like to stress that this is very much a consultation document - the proposals it contains are provisional, and we are open to changing our minds on the basis of what we are told during consultation. It is really important to us to engage with as many people as possible, particularly those within the trades, and your contribution would be much appreciated.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Oh what a fu*k up......But we told you so...

_________________
Justice for the 96. It has only taken 27 years...........repeat the same lies for 27 years and the truth sounds strange to people!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 41688
Location: 1066 Country
So much money spent.

So much trade time used up.

And f*** all has happened. [-(

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:56 pm
Posts: 1476
Sussex wrote:
So much money spent.

So much trade time used up.

And f*** all has happened. [-(



Oh but something did happen another cock up tagged onto another Bill which was the type of thing Richard hoped would be stopped.
Cross border hiring,another fine mess we got into.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group