Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:11 pm 

MR T wrote:
toots wrote:
Personally I think it will go in favour of the fattest wallet. Lets look at it sensibly because for all intents and purposes the ph 'taxi' is what is causing a lot of the problems. If ph was restricted to ocassional use vehicles such as limos, party buses, chauffeur services etc and the service that is provided by vehicles on a rank or from an office if you ring it, and is answered 'taxis' regardless, was known as a taxi service then perhaps we could solve some problems. We don't need ph 'taxis' at all. What we need are taxis that are available via all manner of communication. I also believe that a lot of the problems are caused by de-ristriction without any thought to the driver standards. What's the point of having high vehicle standards if the driver standards are as low as snakes belly ffs

Now bring in the equality laws.....

Mixed fleet and therein lays a problem. I honestly don't see the point of having 2 trades doing the same job

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:15 pm 

toots wrote:
MR T wrote:
toots wrote:
Personally I think it will go in favour of the fattest wallet. Lets look at it sensibly because for all intents and purposes the ph 'taxi' is what is causing a lot of the problems. If ph was restricted to ocassional use vehicles such as limos, party buses, chauffeur services etc and the service that is provided by vehicles on a rank or from an office if you ring it, and is answered 'taxis' regardless, was known as a taxi service then perhaps we could solve some problems. We don't need ph 'taxis' at all. What we need are taxis that are available via all manner of communication. I also believe that a lot of the problems are caused by de-ristriction without any thought to the driver standards. What's the point of having high vehicle standards if the driver standards are as low as snakes belly ffs

Now bring in the equality laws.....

Mixed fleet and therein lays a problem. I honestly don't see the point of having 2 trades doing the same job

toots..... whatever laws they trie to change.... they have to make sure that they do not infringe our existing laws.... and this the resort of change would deteriorate the service to the disabled..... it will be a nightmare.... if they get it wrong they will be hung out to dry by the disabled lobby.... I have never met a solicitor yet... who is in such reality

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:22 pm 

Quote:
toots..... whatever laws they trie to change.... they have to make sure that they do not infringe our existing laws.... and this the resort of change would deteriorate the service to the disabled..... it will be a nightmare.... if they get it wrong they will be hung out to dry by the disabled lobby.... I have never met a solicitor yet... who is in such reality

We already have mixed fleet taxis throughout the country. We also have mixed fleet private hire throughout the country. We also have mixed fleet vehicles insofar as we have taxis and ph working on the same sytem. So please explain to me what affect making all of them taxis would have on the disabled. I can think of one which affects the ambulantlu disabled in areas of 100% WAVs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:25 pm 

toots wrote:
Quote:

We already have mixed fleet taxis throughout the country. We also have mixed fleet private hire throughout the country. We also have mixed fleet vehicles insofar as we have taxis and ph working on the same sytem. So please explain to me what affect making all of them taxis would have on the disabled. I can think of one which affects the ambulantlu disabled in areas of 100% WAVs

you also have private hire fleets that are totally private hire.... you're forgetting this is national

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:32 pm 

MR T wrote:
toots wrote:
Quote:

you also have private hire fleets that are totally private hire.... you're forgetting this is national

I'm not forgetting that at all but i don't see how they would be affected, nobody is going to make them sit on a rank are they

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:36 pm 

how many drivers d'you know that would buy a wheelchair accessible vehicle to put on to a private hire fleet to operate at private hire rates..... remembering that private hire rates are considerably lower in certain areas... which in turn creates their work

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:42 pm 

my question to you is.... why d'you not drive a disabled vehicle..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:55 pm 

MR T wrote:
how many drivers d'you know that would buy a wheelchair accessible vehicle to put on to a private hire fleet to operate at private hire rates..... remembering that private hire rates are considerably lower in certain areas... which in turn creates their work

Not all ph rates are [edited by admin] poor. At the end of the day it's not about how much the company charges it's about customer needs and how they would arrive at a fair % for vehicles. Obviously at the beginning of introducing any new % there will be winners and losers but over the years it will balance itself out. If you applied a 50% WAV requirement to the Wirral for example then obviously because the amount of saloon vehicles that would initially transfer over to taxis then that requirement would not be met. All new vehicle licenses would have to be WAVs until the % is met.

The reason I don't drive a WAV myself is I don't find them comfortable but I would if I had to and I wanted to continue to drive a taxi and having completed a business plan it was finacially viable

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:57 pm 

and how d'you choose who will drive the 50 per cent of wheelchair accessible vehicles that will be costing more to buy and operate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:59 pm 

MR T wrote:
and how d'you choose who will drive the 50 per cent of wheelchair accessible vehicles that will be costing more to buy and operate

it is not enforceable or workable.... only a pipe dream

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:05 am 

MR T wrote:
MR T wrote:

I the only thing I agree with there is 'only a pipe dream'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:07 am 

toots wrote:
MR T wrote:
MR T wrote:

I the only thing I agree with there is 'only a pipe dream'

knowledge comes with age..... and you're much too young..... if you disagree.. I will be surprised.. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:14 am 

Quote:
knowledge comes with age..... and you're much too young..... if you disagree.. I will be surprised.. :lol:

Ffs that's so unfair :lol: Although knowledge also comes from experience and there's no age restriction on that :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:22 am 

toots wrote:
Quote:

Ffs that's so unfair :lol: Although knowledge also comes from experience and there's no age restriction on that :wink:

Oh yeh!!!

So a new born baby can have just as much experience on any matter than a 55-year-old blonde woman?

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:24 am 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
toots wrote:
Quote:

Oh yeh!!!

So a new born baby can have just as much experience on any matter than a 55-year-old blonde woman?

Now you're being silly. What I was inferring was that it's not just with age you can obtain knowledge

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next