Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:25 pm 

toots wrote:
MR T wrote:
At the moment... new driver Liverpool. no no-claims... 5000 to £5,500

Sefton £3,000

What is it with full no claims?
About 14 hundred for one driver at the moment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:27 pm 

Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:
At the moment... new driver Liverpool. no no-claims... 5000 to £5,500

Sefton £3,000

So worst case is £2,500.

And the T&G are telling the minister that's why Sefton drivers are licensing in Sefton rather than Liverpool. :roll: :roll:
I suppose the fact that the Liverpool hackney trade have to all be wheelchair accessible... and pay the cost for the vehicle... plus only do half the mileage of a saloon vehicle.... might have something to do with it.. as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:00 am 

Well I have to agree with CC's take on the first set.

I noted - and I hope that the Committee did as well - that clearly asked Twice "How many do you represent", Kris Beuret avoided an answer - indeed she sounded more like a politician than the MP's in there, in her evasion.

Also she kept saying "the Website" - well if there is one it is well hidden, I'm b*ggered if I can find one.

I have to say, apart from a couple of mix ups, the Minister seemed to be on top of his game. That is not to say that I agree with him, but his points of view were clear. It was nice to get the impression that he was open to ideas from any quarter, including us. His clarity made the Chair and the Committee seem more competent as well. Though I still don't like the way this all seems to be going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:43 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:
Well I have to agree with CC's take on the first set.

I noted - and I hope that the Committee did as well - that clearly asked Twice "How many do you represent", Kris Beuret avoided an answer - indeed she sounded more like a politician than the MP's in there, in her evasion.

Also she kept saying "the Website" - well if there is one it is well hidden, I'm b*ggered if I can find one.

I have to say, apart from a couple of mix ups, the Minister seemed to be on top of his game. That is not to say that I agree with him, but his points of view were clear. It was nice to get the impression that he was open to ideas from any quarter, including us. His clarity made the Chair and the Committee seem more competent as well. Though I still don't like the way this all seems to be going.

Try this link;

http://taxiuser.com/

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:00 am 

Well thanks for that -silly me searching for NATU and National Association of Taxi users etc.

Not exactly busy is it.

Seems she could have answered "Just under 20".

I also liked the way she said NALEO "might" be members soon.

I think she just likes to be in the frame - they were definitely there under false pretenses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:27 am 

I think the select committee need a bit of sanity.....me and sussex next I think :D

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:37 am 

captain cab wrote:
I think the select committee need a bit of sanity.....me and sussex next I think :D

I'm on a sabbatical. :D

The national and local trade are just going to have to get by without me for a year or so.

I must devote all my efforts to my one trade love, TDO. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:44 am 

Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:

I'm on a sabbatical. :D

The national and local trade are just going to have to get by without me for a year or so.

I must devote all my efforts to my one trade love, TDO. :wink:

awwwww :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:25 pm 

captain cab wrote:

CC

Yes - looking at you performing will assure them that they are sane.

As for Sussex, at least they may listen to him and some sanity may indeed be injected into their deliberations.

The transcript of the second session of "Oral" is here http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... c72001.htm enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:48 pm 

Quote:
Steve Wright: I sat before this Committee in 1993 and advocated a sensible Act for London, which is exactly what we have got. Now 40% of the private hire and taxi industry operates in London, without these ridiculous local controls. It has produced a safe, modern, less polluting taxi and private hire system than anywhere else in the country.

Quote:
Steve Wright: There is still work to do and there is more work to do with enforcement, but from the public’s point of view, the private hire service is without problem.

Quote:
Steve Wright: He also talked about the assaults that take place in private hire vehicles. They don’t take place in private hire vehicles at all; they take place in illegal cabs. They don’t take place in private hire vehicles. The Public Carriage Office has no records of any assaults whatsoever in the 4 million journeys a day in a prebooked private hire vehicle. They take place with the touts.

Quote:
Steve Wright: The second point I would make about the RMT thing is that the particular assault that he referred to is subject to a police inquiry so that is in process at the moment. A company like Addison Lee has done 27 million journeys in London with never a single complaint or a prosecution against a driver for anything. So I think we need to put that into context.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16