Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Who the hell
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:50 pm 

So my vote out of ten for this so far is?

Six. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:32 am 

:lol: 1 :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:52 am 

MR T wrote:
I can see this report being buried.. it will gather dust.. and slowly decay... the actors have played their parts..... they have earned their next contributions from the unions that support their particular parties... but we have to Remember that the private hire sector are now contributing to the Conservatives.... and I don't see anything that they would be singing and dancing about..... it will be .. dig a deep hole... and be well and truly buried.....

Had to pop in and read feedback on this ...................... MrT gets it right again for me.

Total tosh

B. Lucky :shock:

TF pi$$ed on his chips.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:32 am 

Heaven forbid the law commission beats them all to it :lol:

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:30 pm 

offences relating to taxis and PHVs, such as plying for hire, should be dealt with by fixed penalty notices rather than court action

So much for cars being crushed........illegal plying for hire treated in a similar fashion to dropping litter?

The committee are quite mad.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:52 pm 

captain cab wrote:
offences relating to taxis and PHVs, such as plying for hire, should be dealt with by fixed penalty notices rather than court action

So much for cars being crushed........illegal plying for hire treated in a similar fashion to dropping litter?

Ignored, you mean? :-$

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:17 pm 

If it would be nice.... if the Law Commission... were to state that the word Taxi... can only be referred to in conjunction with Hackney's.. place it back where it actually belongs. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:46 pm 

MR T wrote:
If it would be nice.... if the Law Commission... were to state that the word Taxi... can only be referred to in conjunction with Hackney's.. place it back where it actually belongs. :wink:

I guess it would but that means they'll have to come up with words to describe the activities that other vehicles do that use the word 'taxi' primarily aeroplanes. What would you call that activity of piloting slowly along the air stripe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:51 pm 

toots wrote:
MR T wrote:

I guess it would but that means they'll have to come up with words to describe the activities that other vehicles do that use the word 'taxi' primarily aeroplanes. What would you call that activity of piloting slowly along the air stripe
Going on holiday :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:54 pm 

MR T wrote:
toots wrote:
MR T wrote:

Going on holiday :wink:

Pmsl.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:56 pm 

we could easily replace the expression 'private hire' with 'that bunch of c*nts'

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:58 pm 

captain cab wrote:
we could easily replace the expression 'private hire' with 'that bunch of c*nts'

CC

I guess that's better than being called a robbing t*at which is how a lot of the public see hackneys :lol:

Post subject: Re: Who the hell
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:03 am 

charles007 wrote:
MR T wrote:
charles007 wrote:
Are the National Association of Taxi Users

are they what?.

who are thay come on Mr T even i can understand what i ask? :oops:

Shame on you Mr T!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:27 pm 

MR T wrote:

Sorry but you have to start with a blank sheet of paper if the legislation is to be re-drafted and the old stuff repealed.

1. There is now no such thing as a Hackney Carriage; it is now called a TAXI.

2. Define in FULL legal terms, what is a TAXI!!

3. There is now no such thing as a mini-cab or private hire vehicle; it is now called [for instance] Vehicle In Regular Urban Scamming, aka VIRUS.

4. Define in FULL legal terms, what is a VIRUS!!

Now you can start drafting the new legislation!!

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:09 am 

1847 to 2011=154 years.... in all of that time licensing officers still don't understand or are incapable of interpreting the laws we have now.... what makes you think it will be any easier for them with a new act..... and when is somebody going to tell the powers tobe what is truly wrong.