Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:56 pm 

we could easily replace the expression 'private hire' with 'that bunch of c*nts'

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:58 pm 

captain cab wrote:
we could easily replace the expression 'private hire' with 'that bunch of c*nts'

CC

I guess that's better than being called a robbing t*at which is how a lot of the public see hackneys :lol:

Post subject: Re: Who the hell
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:03 am 

charles007 wrote:
MR T wrote:
charles007 wrote:
Are the National Association of Taxi Users

are they what?.

who are thay come on Mr T even i can understand what i ask? :oops:

Shame on you Mr T!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:27 pm 

MR T wrote:
If it would be nice.... if the Law Commission... were to state that the word Taxi... can only be referred to in conjunction with Hackney's.. place it back where it actually belongs. :wink:

Sorry but you have to start with a blank sheet of paper if the legislation is to be re-drafted and the old stuff repealed.

1. There is now no such thing as a Hackney Carriage; it is now called a TAXI.

2. Define in FULL legal terms, what is a TAXI!!

3. There is now no such thing as a mini-cab or private hire vehicle; it is now called [for instance] Vehicle In Regular Urban Scamming, aka VIRUS.

4. Define in FULL legal terms, what is a VIRUS!!

Now you can start drafting the new legislation!!

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:09 am 

1847 to 2011=154 years.... in all of that time licensing officers still don't understand or are incapable of interpreting the laws we have now.... what makes you think it will be any easier for them with a new act..... and when is somebody going to tell the powers tobe what is truly wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:22 am 

MR T wrote:
1847 to 2011=154 years.... in all of that time licensing officers still don't understand or are incapable of interpreting the laws we have now.... what makes you think it will be any easier for them with a new act..... and when is somebody going to tell the powers tobe what is truly wrong.

Fine one to talk - you can't even do simple arithmetic :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:11 am 

Dusty Bin wrote:
MR T wrote:

Fine one to talk - you can't even do simple arithmetic :wink:

What's 10 years between friends?

Post subject: Re: Who the hell
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:06 am 

charles007 wrote:
Are the National Association of Taxi Users

The best way to answer all your questions is as follows;

Quite poorly but getting better, don’t know, between 9,00am and 5.00pm Monday to Friday, somewhere in the UK, I think subscriptions are free; they need members fast, don’t know, a woman, two men and a dog at the moment, to get on the select committee’s oral evidence list of speakers, how, what, when, where, how much, who, how many, why, respectively.

http://english-zone.com/grammar/questions2.htm

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:10 am 

MR T wrote:
..... and when is somebody going to tell the powers to be what is truly wrong.

Stop talking in riddles again; tell us all, what, in your opinion, is truly wrong?

Brummie Cabbie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:58 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
MR T wrote:

Stop talking in riddles again; tell us all, what, in your opinion, is truly wrong?

More to the point, was it forwarded during the recent consultation?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:52 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
MR T wrote:

BC... I wouldn't blame anybody for thinking that I am extremely cynical in my views on this subject, personally I have been through all this before, nationally and locally.
In my opinion, we have what I would call a safe act to play with , and the reason they will play with this is simply to manoeuvre for vote's for the next election.

We all know that the Hackney and private hire trade has evolved over the years and is still evolving... what is needed is a living book of rules.. that can be added to or taken away from as the years go by.

We already have our present laws, which in my opinion are totally abused by licensing officers cross the country..ie Berwick... the LO there in my opinion was employed by Berwick to work for Berwick, which should have been to make sure of a first class service in Berwick.. he could have stopped the abuse by simply bringing in a knowledge test, from the outside looking in he was more interested in putting together a system that worked in the interests of other individuals from outside of Berwick, he obviously had his own reasons as to why. and then we have licensing officers using CCTV to monitor a hackney rank, which resulted in a number of drivers being suspended for a month. which in reality should have simply been a fine. This is abuse of power.

No were in what is being presented is it being said that licensing officers need to be brought up to a national standard, police officers are trained before they are let loose on the streets, so if we have a new taxi Act the ability to interpret it will still be with what I consider the problem... licensing officers.. untrained. or just plain thick.

will it be a new taxi act or go down the RRO, well the RRO way is for non-contentious issues... which this certainly is not.....

A one Tear taxi system as you so rightly have said would have to take into account the disability Act, would that mean all vehicles being wheelchair acceptable, or a proportion , how do you reach a proportion or more importantly, how would you put together something that would actually work.

So what are we left with now. advisers that will be springing out of the woodwork to sit on committees so that they can claim kudos in their other businesses, and MPs that will be sitting in the middle with no knowledge of the hackney and private hire trade except what they hear from the trade representatives who can't actually agree with themselves,
or are simply there to create bigger businesses for themselves, the small independents whether they be hackney or private hire could well be coming to an end,.... if they have their way.
And then we have the Ministry for Transport, best-practice guidelines are always totally limp at best.. and when approached refer you to the local courts.... so why are these people there... that's a department that could well and truly be dispensed with.
:oops: Have a nice day.