Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:13 am 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
MR T wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Back to the world of our future. :roll: :roll:

Has anyone been invited to the Law Commission meeting at the NPHA HQ?

THe Law Commission are also meeting Unite the Union as well as the NPHA.

I wonder if they are meeting with the NTA too?

It would be good if the Law Commission also met grass-roots, long standing in the taxi trade, proprietors and drivers!!

If you ask me nicely.... I will come and hold your hand :wink: ..... and the question should be.... not is the taxi trade ready for the law Commission....But is the Law Commission ready to go to war with the taxi trade....

Firstly, I know you are the Green Cross Code Man, but I am now old enough to cross the road myself.

Secondly, why war?

If anyone in the taxi trade believes that they can win a battle with MPs and the Law Commission, let alone a war, then we are deluding ourselves!!

I believe that this time the Transport Select Committee mean business and now that the Law Commisson has decided to take on board the Transport Ministers request to review and modernise taxi and private hire legislation, the Law Commission too means business.

The legislation covering the taxi and private hire trade is now firmly part of the Law Commission's programme of legislative reform and for that reason I believe it will happen.

Rather than do a 'King Canute', I believe that the taxi trade should be engaging in meaningful discussions with the Law Commission with robust and consequential enforcement as the very top issue

As I have said before, you can have any legislation you wish, but without effective enforcement that legislation is useless.

A National Taxi Commission with enforcement officers all singing from the same legal hymn-sheet, working 24/7 would be a good start.
You're already in the middle of a political war... if you don't realise that.... what can I say....

Post subject: you know
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:35 am 

MR T wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
MR T wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Back to the world of our future. :roll: :roll:

Has anyone been invited to the Law Commission meeting at the NPHA HQ?

THe Law Commission are also meeting Unite the Union as well as the NPHA.

I wonder if they are meeting with the NTA too?

It would be good if the Law Commission also met grass-roots, long standing in the taxi trade, proprietors and drivers!!

If you ask me nicely.... I will come and hold your hand :wink: ..... and the question should be.... not is the taxi trade ready for the law Commission....But is the Law Commission ready to go to war with the taxi trade....

Firstly, I know you are the Green Cross Code Man, but I am now old enough to cross the road myself.

Secondly, why war?

If anyone in the taxi trade believes that they can win a battle with MPs and the Law Commission, let alone a war, then we are deluding ourselves!!

I believe that this time the Transport Select Committee mean business and now that the Law Commisson has decided to take on board the Transport Ministers request to review and modernise taxi and private hire legislation, the Law Commission too means business.

The legislation covering the taxi and private hire trade is now firmly part of the Law Commission's programme of legislative reform and for that reason I believe it will happen.

Rather than do a 'King Canute', I believe that the taxi trade should be engaging in meaningful discussions with the Law Commission with robust and consequential enforcement as the very top issue

As I have said before, you can have any legislation you wish, but without effective enforcement that legislation is useless.

A National Taxi Commission with enforcement officers all singing from the same legal hymn-sheet, working 24/7 would be a good start.
You're already in the middle of a political war... if you don't realise that.... what can I say....

they should be meeting with all Associations as well, we out here dont get to know what the big boys are saying on what is called on our behalf. i would think there are more not in the unions then in them. well join them i been and no thanks.

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

Post subject: Re: you know
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:12 pm 

charles007 wrote:
MR T wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
MR T wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Back to the world of our future. :roll: :roll: Has anyone been invited to the Law Commission meeting at the NPHA HQ?
THe Law Commission are also meeting Unite the Union as well as the NPHA. I wonder if they are meeting with the NTA too? It would be good if the Law Commission also met grass-roots, long standing in the taxi trade, proprietors and drivers!!
Firstly, I know you are the Green Cross Code Man, but I am now old enough to cross the road myself. Secondly, why war? If anyone in the taxi trade believes that they can win a battle with MPs and the Law Commission, let alone a war, then we are deluding ourselves!! I believe that this time the Transport Select Committee mean business and now that the Law Commisson has decided to take on board the Transport Ministers request to review and modernise taxi and private hire legislation, the Law Commission too means business. The legislation covering the taxi and private hire trade is now firmly part of the Law Commission's programme of legislative reform and for that reason I believe it will happen. Rather than do a 'King Canute', I believe that the taxi trade should be engaging in meaningful discussions with the Law Commission with robust and consequential enforcement as the very top issue As I have said before, you can have any legislation you wish, but without effective enforcement that legislation is useless. A National Taxi Commission with enforcement officers all singing from the same legal hymn-sheet, working 24/7 would be a good start.
they should be meeting with all Associations as well, we out here dont get to know what the big boys are saying on what is called on our behalf. i would think there are more not in the unions then in them. well join them i been and no thanks.
Charlie..... it is important that the voice of the individual taxi-driver and private hire driver is heard...... and it is important that these people are made to understand the consequences of the changes they are considering.... from what I can see at the moment... people believe that meaningful discussions will save the day.....!! that is not my view.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:00 pm 

MR T wrote:
charles007 wrote:
MR T wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
MR T wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Back to the world of our future. :roll: :roll: Has anyone been invited to the Law Commission meeting at the NPHA HQ?
THe Law Commission are also meeting Unite the Union as well as the NPHA. I wonder if they are meeting with the NTA too? It would be good if the Law Commission also met grass-roots, long standing in the taxi trade, proprietors and drivers!!
Firstly, I know you are the Green Cross Code Man, but I am now old enough to cross the road myself. Secondly, why war? If anyone in the taxi trade believes that they can win a battle with MPs and the Law Commission, let alone a war, then we are deluding ourselves!! I believe that this time the Transport Select Committee mean business and now that the Law Commisson has decided to take on board the Transport Ministers request to review and modernise taxi and private hire legislation, the Law Commission too means business. The legislation covering the taxi and private hire trade is now firmly part of the Law Commission's programme of legislative reform and for that reason I believe it will happen. Rather than do a 'King Canute', I believe that the taxi trade should be engaging in meaningful discussions with the Law Commission with robust and consequential enforcement as the very top issue As I have said before, you can have any legislation you wish, but without effective enforcement that legislation is useless. A National Taxi Commission with enforcement officers all singing from the same legal hymn-sheet, working 24/7 would be a good start.
Charlie..... it is important that the voice of the individual taxi-driver and private hire driver is heard...... and it is important that these people are made to understand the consequences of the changes they are considering.... from what I can see at the moment... people believe that meaningful discussions will save the day.....!! that is not my view.

Kown and i for one agree with you. and needs to be wider consultaion for what is a very inportrent peace of work. and i have sent a a leeter just to that end and would hope others do the same.

bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:33 pm 

charles007 wrote:

They will have workshops throughout the country, and I have no doubt one of them will be at a place beginning with B, so you will be fine. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:52 pm 

Sussex wrote:
charles007 wrote:

They will have workshops throughout the country, and I have no doubt one of them will be at a place beginning with B, so you will be fine. :wink:

I did not say work shops, i said consultations every one in this trade is self employed and not ruled by a few pepole who think they no better then the ones who work in the trade, its time this trade took hold of what is going on before there is noting left.

we take pepole from A to B and that all we do always have, always will, its always the tarde, never the pepole we carry. The trade is bled dry. self employed but told what to do, what vehicles we can put on, were we have to have vehicles tested, what we can charge. you cant smoke, but when warlking though town walking passed pubs and cliubs the smell of smoke. i am all for sensible rules.

It just sems to me to be a little one sided.

bbha@btinternet.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:43 am 

Is what what happens in the future of any concern to me........... not really........ I already know where I am going...... people on this forum might Remember when we have bus services provided locally, by independent companies and local councils, and now we have major companies that supply services right across the country , and also in-house training..... they make their money by subsidies.... millions upon millions.... we have a number of major private hire companies that have now entered the political battle for control. companies with millions of pounds worth of turnover per year,.... now the question is where do they see themselves going,... to me that is simple... national.. would they have the financial power to buy out or even obliterate small radio companies then obviously yes... where will this leave the drivers.....ps..ask yourself the question.... if you have a successful company that is making millions were do you stop.... answers on a postcard please

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:11 am 

charles007 wrote:
Kown and i for one agree with you. and needs to be wider consultaion for what is a very inportrent peace of work. and i have sent a a leeter just to that end and would hope others do the same.

I hop de leeter u av cent is redabl!!

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:14 am 

MR T wrote:
Is what what happens in the future of any concern to me........... not really........ I already know where I am going...... people on this forum might Remember when we have bus services provided locally, by independent companies and local councils, and now we have major companies that supply services right across the country , and also in-house training..... they make their money by subsidies.... millions upon millions.... we have a number of major private hire companies that have now entered the political battle for control. companies with millions of pounds worth of turnover per year,.... now the question is where do they see themselves going,... to me that is simple... national.. would they have the financial power to buy out or even obliterate small radio companies then obviously yes... where will this leave the drivers.....ps..ask yourself the question.... if you have a successful company that is making millions were do you stop.... answers on a postcard please

All agreed!!

But NOT entering the debate is NOT an option!!

Brummie Cabbie.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:55 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
charles007 wrote:

I hop de leeter u av cent is redabl!!

Hope not they will no its not from me then, I always give people what the want. if you get a kick out my post then my work is done.

bbha@btinternet.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:47 am 

Post subject: we
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:01 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
MR T wrote:

All agreed!!

But NOT entering the debate is NOT an option!!

That is the point We will not be entering the debate, only the few will and they dont represent every one in the trade. how any on here will have there say in all this.

bbha@btinternet.com

Post subject: Dont
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:03 pm 

captain cab wrote:

Dont get this :?

bbha@btinternet.com

Post subject: Re: we
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:37 am 

charles007 wrote:

That is the point We will not be entering the debate, only the few will and they dont represent every one in the trade. how any on here will have there say in all this.

I suspect there'll be a consultation to follow.

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:48 am 

captain cab wrote:

Is this a photo of an NTA board meeting, a Unite the Union meeting, an NPHA board meeting, an NTTG board meeting, a TDO member's meeting, or just a meeting of random taxi drivers?

And is the elephant a regular attendee at these meetings, because elephants are a symbol of wisdom in Asian cultures and are famed for their memory and intelligence.

Brummie Cabbie.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next