Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 1:11 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:39 pm 

Quote:
61. Bryan Roland thought that there should be consistency of approach with regard to medical checks for taxi driver licence applicants – he suggested that all applicants should be subject to a Group 2 medical assessment.

Would Bryan pass group 2?

Do these people actually know that group 2 takes away discretion from GP's?

ffs

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:46 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Quote:
61. Bryan Roland thought that there should be consistency of approach with regard to medical checks for taxi driver licence applicants – he suggested that all applicants should be subject to a Group 2 medical assessment.

Would Bryan pass group 2?

Do these people actually know that group 2 takes away discretion from GP's?

ffs

CC

Does he drive a taxi :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:25 am 

Quote:
6. Myles Bebbington highlighted the “deregulatory objective” mentioned by Frances Patterson and asked how the balance would be struck between relieving burdens from business yet ensuring public safety. Frances Patterson recognised that getting that balance right was a central part of the project
.Institute of Licensing...... now they always seem to be more interested in putting together a system.... that leaves their members..LO's doing practically nothing..... a little bit like.... pay your money here..... there is your licence..... now go away..... and I only work 10 till 4..... and go home early on Friday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:35 am 

Quote:
9. Helen Chapman agreed that ensuring driver safety was vital – and an ability to check that vehicles were safe.
I have listened to a number of presentations given by representatives from Transport for London.... and they always refer to their department..... as a business..... it would seem they have a fixation for making money...... is this correct of a licensing department... plus the fact they have have to be brought up to scratch on how to run their department and have been trained by licensing officers from the rest of the country....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:25 am 

captain cab wrote:
Quote:
Tommy McIntyre rebutted Kris Beuret’s point about fares being distorted in areas with quantity controls; he said that Liverpool had a policy of controlling taxi numbers but it also had relatively low fares

Thats if of course you can actually find a cab that will take you within the area..... :lol:

I would say the only reason Liverpool cabs are what they are is down to the fact that Delta offer slave rates for their drivers. :sad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:31 am 

Is it my imagination but did Bob Oddy turn up and say nothing at the meeting?

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:35 am 

captain cab wrote:
Is it my imagination but did Bob Oddy turn up and say nothing at the meeting?

CC

Or nothing worthy of note. [-(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:48 am 

Quote:
28. Anthony Ferguson then asked representatives what they thought should be done differently under a new legislative framework.

29. Dai Powell thought that the legislation had not dealt adequately with accessibility issues; he wanted licensing authorities to have a better understanding of what sort of accessible vehicles were available and to see greater consistency of approach.

30. Kris Beuret pointed out that deciding what “accessibility” actually meant was problematic in itself; it went much further than people in wheelchairs – even disabled people were divided about what constituted an a satisfactory level of accessibility.

Errm.....what about the equality act?

and how did those large PH fleets get out of that again?

and bearing in mind the majority of wheelchair bound customers phone up....rather than go to ranks or hail cabs.......why were they in the bill and out of the act?

CC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:38 pm 

Quote:
17. Tommy McIntyre welcomed the review. He thought that the way forward was to specify some national standards – possibly even a “national taxi badge” – he suggested looking at some of the sensible taxi byelaws around the country and drawing on them might be helpful. He thought that taxi licensing should be locally financed with local accountability

I like Tommy.. have known him for years.... But you have to look at the reality of what unite achieved.... when they started this Liverpool licences were £50,000 and now approximately 28,000 .. 1400 licences.... how much have they lost. they are strongly involved in driver training which means more and more drivers coming through.... I wonder how many of their members voted for this... people seem to forget that unions are businesses after all....

Post subject: and
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:06 pm 

MR T wrote:
I say it. as I see it.... and if I am not popular... I will live with it. Trevor Jones Sefton.

and always have he not got any faces unlike some

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

Post subject: I agree
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:08 pm 

captain cab wrote:
How about making the private hire operator more accountable for the actions of the drivers and vehicles under their control?

Having read some of the BS so far.....it seems strange that the bloke pushing for PH reform is actually pushing for HC reform.

As for PH Operators being able to pass bookings on across the country......their megalomania knows no bound.

CC

I agree with that and just what i am asking council which i deal with.

bbha@btinternet.com

Post subject: can i
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:11 pm 

can i ask why NTA as not been asked and i dont ask to have a pot at the NTA.

bbha@btinternet.com

Post subject: Re: can i
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:42 pm 

charles007 wrote:

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
I am reliably informed that the nominated NTA representative for this meeting was taken seriously ill and hospitalised on the morning of the day of this meeting, which started at 14.00hrs.

There was insufficient time to arrange for a replacement to get to the meeting in time.

Post subject: Re: can i
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:38 am 

toots wrote:
charles007 wrote:

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
I am reliably informed that the nominated NTA representative for this meeting was taken seriously ill and hospitalised on the morning of the day of this meeting, which started at 14.00hrs.

There was insufficient time to arrange for a replacement to get to the meeting in time.

sorry to here that. they could have rung me i was free

bbha@btinternet.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:43 am 

MR T wrote:
Quote:
17. Tommy McIntyre welcomed the review. He thought that the way forward was to specify some national standards – possibly even a “national taxi badge” – he suggested looking at some of the sensible taxi byelaws around the country and drawing on them might be helpful. He thought that taxi licensing should be locally financed with local accountability

I like Tommy.. have known him for years.... But you have to look at the reality of what unite achieved.... when they started this Liverpool licences were £50,000 and now approximately 28,000 .. 1400 licences.... how much have they lost. they are strongly involved in driver training which means more and more drivers coming through.... I wonder how many of their members voted for this... people seem to forget that unions are businesses after all....

is Tommy McIntyre the same person that attened the NTTG meetings

bbha@btinternet.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next