Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:41 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:37 pm 

I have had two letter sent me this week from a counple of assiaction i now run, about A meeting in August 2011, in Sliver street Bury and my members are asking why an association with over 500 members in the N/west did not get an invite.? the list is pepole there. My reply was" **** **** **** me". i may yet put the list on here.

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

Post subject: Re: You Know
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:52 pm 

I went to that Charlie.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:00 pm 

I know Mr T, been sent the list. thank you for your reply

bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:04 pm 

I went to it... to evaluate what chance the trade would have to respond regarding the Law Commission...... I have decided to sell up.... and improve my housing portfolio.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:16 pm 

unite seem to be placing more importance in their business venture of driver training.. imo. ... and since then... I have been speaking to as many Liverpool drivers as possible... asking them what they think has happened..... and their answer is...... that there has been a big trial in London... and that Delta has to be out of Liverpool within the next three weeks....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:51 pm 

know dont do that we need pepole like you and cc, if we lose pepole that can do the buiness and speck out then we are domed. there are to meny yes man and we need those who will speck out.

bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:56 pm 

charles007 wrote:
I have had two letter sent me this week from a counple of assiaction i now run, about A meeting in August 2011, in Sliver street Bury and my members are asking why an association with over 500 members in the N/west did not get an invite.? the list is pepole there. My reply was" **** **** **** me". i may yet put the list on here.

Because no-one, other than me, likes you. :wink:

On a more serious note, if they don't want you there, then f*** them.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:00 pm 

MR T wrote:
I went to it... to evaluate what chance the trade would have to respond regarding the Law Commission...... I have decided to sell up.... and improve my housing portfolio.....

The NPHA and T&G are only interested in training and the money that comes from that.

The GMB are, IMO, not the force they were or could be.

The NTA, please see above, and the rest are worse than useless.

So Charlie Boy, do you really think you are missing out? :?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:00 pm 

MR T wrote:
that there has been a big trial in London... and that Delta has to be out of Liverpool within the next three weeks....

Chances of that happening, less than nil.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:31 am 

charles007 wrote:
know dont do that we need pepole like you and cc, if we lose pepole that can do the buiness and speck out then we are domed. there are to meny yes man and we need those who will speck out.

Charlie... you know what they say... if you can't beat them.. joined them... give up representing your Associations and become a training provider... because by the time this is furnished... they will be the only ones making money from the Hackney and private hire trade... and the beauty of it is you've no need to put your heart into winning battles regarding de- limitation.... in fact. it's better if you lose... constant supply of new recruits to train...... I think the trade needs to wake up and smell the coffee... :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:20 pm 

MR T wrote:
unite seem to be placing more importance in their business venture of driver training.. imo. ... and since then... I have been speaking to as many Liverpool drivers as possible... asking them what they think has happened..... and their answer is...... that there has been a big trial in London... and that Delta has to be out of Liverpool within the next three weeks....

Makes sense to me. If I was a union with falling subs I'd be looking to improve my lot with such a venture. When the Nvq cash cow gives it's last pint it'll be drivers paying out their own pockets to the very unions that were supposed represent their interests. The thing that worries me about all this is whether their 'training programme' is any better than their representation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:03 pm 

toots wrote:
Makes sense to me. If I was a union with falling subs I'd be looking to improve my lot with such a venture. When the Nvq cash cow gives it's last pint it'll be drivers paying out their own pockets to the very unions that were supposed represent their interests. The thing that worries me about all this is whether their 'training programme' is any better than their representation

I'm not sure the union will be getting a bean, but suspect their representatives will be filling their boots. :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:15 pm 

Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:

I'm not sure the union will be getting a bean, but suspect their representatives will be filling their boots. :roll: :roll:

You are quite right on this one. Manchester Council meet on Friday morning (30th), the object, to discuss driver training, in particular the D.S.A driving test, for all drivers, even 30 year men like me.

This meeting is at the request of which "U"nion ? Have a guess.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:01 pm 

Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:

IMO they'll be getting something out of it somewhere along the line, but, I would say that cos I'm biased I don't like unions

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:17 am 

:!:

http://www.unitetheunion.org/news__even ... rs_to.aspx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next