Taxi Driver Online
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/

Message from the Law Commission
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=19295
Page 2 of 6

Author:  captain cab [ Wed May 16, 2012 8:38 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

gusmac wrote:
You should read more :lol:

It's a HC plated Skoda with a dodgy gearbox. 8)


pmsl.....the gearbox is a dream.....the starter? dont let me tell you about the starter.

but the chap could be referring to the 1973 FX4 my dad gave me as a punishment for writing off a cortina near langholm during 1987, or the fx4s plus i had when i first started driving cabs in 1988, or the fairway i bought on the launch in january 1989, or the first e7 which came to my city, or the first tx.

if we want to go a little further ive changed 2.2 bmc engines for 2.5 and uprated the diffs.

ffs i've owned more cabs than i care to remember.


CC

Author:  MR T [ Wed May 16, 2012 8:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

captain cab wrote:
gusmac wrote:
You should read more :lol:

It's a HC plated Skoda with a dodgy gearbox. 8)


pmsl.....the gearbox is a dream.....the starter? dont let me tell you about the starter.

but the chap could be referring to the 1973 FX4 my dad gave me as a punishment for writing off a cortina near langholm during 1987, or the fx4s plus i had when i first started driving cabs in 1988, or the fairway i bought on the launch in january 1989, or the first e7 which came to my city, or the first tx.

if we want to go a little further ive changed 2.2 bmc engines for 2.5 and uprated the diffs.

ffs i've owned more cabs than i care to remember.


CC

At least when you wrote off the Cortina you didn't have to buy any beef for a month

Author:  andycable [ Wed May 16, 2012 8:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

So you drive a private hire skoda on a hackney plate (which your father gave you)....... that suits captaincab but anything else no no no.

Author:  Dusty Bin [ Wed May 16, 2012 8:57 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

Sussex wrote:
We can all moan and groan on TDO, about this, that and the other, including the flawed maths used, but people need to respond with their views direct to the Law Commission before the 10th August 2012.


Yes, but it's a lot easier to moan and groan on here. :D

Author:  captain cab [ Wed May 16, 2012 8:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

andycable wrote:
So you drive a private hire skoda on a hackney plate (which your father gave you)....... that suits captaincab but anything else no no no.


no, i drive a hackney carriage skoda.......that my father didnt give me....my area is deregulated...and has been since 1994, still thats lots about me, what sh*te you gonna make up about you?

Author:  Sussex [ Wed May 16, 2012 8:59 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

andycable wrote:
So you drive a private hire skoda on a hackney plate (which your father gave you)....... that suits captaincab but anything else no no no.

If you think that all cabs should be WAVs, then you need to join with me and tell the Law Commission that.

However even I struggle trying to justify a one size fits all UK taxi standard.

Author:  andycable [ Wed May 16, 2012 9:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

no you drive a private hire skoda with a hackney plate on it !

Author:  Sussex [ Wed May 16, 2012 9:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

andycable wrote:
no you drive a private hire skoda with a hackney plate on it !

If only. :roll:

Author:  captain cab [ Wed May 16, 2012 9:04 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

Sussex wrote:
andycable wrote:
So you drive a private hire skoda on a hackney plate (which your father gave you)....... that suits captaincab but anything else no no no.

If you think that all cabs should be WAVs, then you need to join with me and tell the Law Commission that.

However even I struggle trying to justify a one size fits all UK taxi standard.



It actually makes me laugh, ive been writing for years about the inequality of a mixed fleet in terms of costs to those who have no other alternative to buy WAV's and then compete on the same basis as saloons.......yet this guy aint read that....so i'm the bad guy for changing my WAV for a saloon on 31 Dec 2007 when my LA changed its policy?

ffs

Author:  captain cab [ Wed May 16, 2012 9:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

andycable wrote:
no you drive a private hire skoda with a hackney plate on it !



i see, so you have to drive a wav to be a proper taxi driver do you?

Author:  Dusty Bin [ Wed May 16, 2012 9:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

Sussex wrote:
However I'm not sure a three year extension would help, as most of the trade are blissfully unaware, and even if they became fully aware I'm not convinced they could....


And a few of us will probably be dead in three years anyway :shock:

Author:  andycable [ Wed May 16, 2012 9:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

So rule changes that suit you are okay but if they dont..................

Author:  captain cab [ Wed May 16, 2012 9:09 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

Dusty Bin wrote:
Sussex wrote:
However I'm not sure a three year extension would help, as most of the trade are blissfully unaware, and even if they became fully aware I'm not convinced they could....


And a few of us will probably be dead in three years anyway :shock:



this time last year i was dead........but thanks to the nhs...the socialist institution....with the funding by the public donation air ambulance....im alive.....it certainly cheers me up :D

Author:  captain cab [ Wed May 16, 2012 9:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

andycable wrote:
So rule changes that suit you are okay but if they dont..................


not particularly, i told the council in 1994....before they deregulated they shouldnt license saloon vehicles as taxis...i was rather annoyed, so i wrote a letter :roll:

Author:  andycable [ Wed May 16, 2012 9:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Message from the Law Commission

and after the letter i thought fuk it there right and bought one !

Page 2 of 6 All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/