Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:32 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:13 pm 

http://www.national-taxi-association.co.uk/?p=3877

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:16 pm 

Thanks CC. =D>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:19 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:
Thanks CC. =D>

nope.....thank you, a sterling effort getting all of that converted in just one week =D> =D>

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:30 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Chris the Fish wrote:
Thanks CC. =D>

nope.....thank you, a sterling effort getting all of that converted in just one week =D> =D>

I would second that, and well done to (almost) all for doing what they think is right for them.

As for the almost bit. ](*,)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:52 pm 

:oops: You are making me blush.

The QA was the most important I felt, the presentation which preceded it - it's coming - maybe tomorrow?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:08 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:

I'm serious, well done.

Interesting that someone who told the NTA where they could stick their Association had the brass neck to show up to one of their meetings.

To sum up on the de-limitation issue, don't mention competition, don't mention livelihoods, even pollution is out of the hat now, but concentrate on congestion.

However, unless there is a secret stash of drivers and vehicles hiding somewhere, any new congestion is going to come from existing congestion.

Or maybe, just maybe, we could have proper enforcement.

Also love the bit about the honeypots. In the dreamworld of some all taxis are going to sit in the city centre earning f*** all whilst there is work in abundance in the outskirts/rural areas. ](*,)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:10 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Chris the Fish wrote:

I'm serious, well done.

Interesting that someone who told the NTA where they could stick their Association had the brass neck to show up to one of their meetings.

To sum up on the de-limitation issue, don't mention competition, don't mention livelihoods, even pollution is out of the hat now, but concentrate on congestion.

However, unless there is a secret stash of drivers and vehicles hiding somewhere, any new congestion is going to come from existing congestion.

Or maybe, just maybe, we could have proper enforcement.

Also love the bit about the honeypots. In the dreamworld of some all taxis are going to sit in the city centre earning f*** all whilst there is work in abundance in the outskirts/rural areas. ](*,)

I thought the question from Ms Atherton was quite intelligent......just the LC didnt understand it, which means they dont actually know what there nat standards are going to be........which on the bright side, makes them the same as us. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:16 pm 

captain cab wrote:
I thought the question from Ms Atherton was quite intelligent......just the LC didnt understand it, which means they dont actually know what there nat standards are going to be........which on the bright side, makes them the same as us. :lol:

For the record I wasn't alluding to Ms Atherton.

However surely it's no secret that the LC don't know what the national standards will be, as that's down to the SoS.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:19 pm 

Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:

For the record I wasn't alluding to Ms Atherton.

However surely it's no secret that the LC don't know what the national standards will be, as that's down to the SoS.

I never thought you were.....much......I was mentioning Ms Athertons question;

If an LA is forced to ask the SoS to change the law to improve the emissions in their particular area, are the LC aware it will change the emissions policy everywhere else? And this point obviously includes HC's being affected as part of a knock on.

It could well transpire that Carlisle's taxi emissions are decided by Boris Johnston ffs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:28 pm 

captain cab wrote:
If an LA is forced to ask the SoS to change the law to improve the emissions in their particular area, are the LC aware it will change the emissions policy everywhere else? And this point obviously includes HC's being affected as part of a knock on.

It could well transpire that Carlisle's taxi emissions are decided by Boris Johnston ffs

We do have that currently with MOT requirements.

But that does beg the question as to why a council should set a different level. If emissions are viewed as dangerous in London, then why should they be viewed as harmless in Carlisle?

In respect of emissions I would say the higher the number of buses the higher the levels of pollution. Not sure the taxi/PH trade make much difference.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:35 pm 

Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:

But that does beg the question as to why a council should set a different level. If emissions are viewed as dangerous in London, then why should they be viewed as harmless in Carlisle?

In respect of emissions I would say the higher the number of buses the higher the levels of pollution. Not sure the taxi/PH trade make much difference.

If they didn't make that much difference then why the need to introduce them for taxis and ph at all? Also the sheer quantity of vehicles in the capital would make the emissions more dangerous than they are in Carlisle surely?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:37 pm 

Sussex wrote:

lol you are a card!

you know perfectly well what I mean.....taxi emissions are often over and above MOT standards.

I mean if Boris gets a letter from the Air Quality people and wants his PH & Taxi fleet standards improved......he's got to write to the SOS.

The SOS will then make a decision based on what Boris wants for his problem in London......but the SOS decision affects everywhere because the standards are national.

How can that be right?

How can a cab owner in carlisle or Keswick have their vehicle changed because theres a problem in London?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:11 pm 

I have the presentation - a mere 7 pages - but, email server is down.

Want to wait until I can send around or want me to cut and paste it on to here?

BTW it was an open meeting just that NTA R8 in the form of me organized it - about 25% Licensing Officers or Managers, 70% Hackney and 5% PH Drivers and Operators. I invited disabled groups as "users" but they all declined when they found out it would cost £25 per each and I would not give them free places. Mildly interested in who you are alluding to as telling us to "stick it" but it ain't important.

I wanted to keep the price right down and I came damn close to breaking even - the transcripts were £40 more than I had budgeted so I think I have lost about £30 of regions money.

Needs to be a fine spread at the NALEO do on Tuesday - they are charging £55 per each so it better not be "Want Fries with that?".

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:27 pm 

Can't email it but it is here http://www.plta.org.uk/Default.aspx and CC will, I am sure, put it on the NTA Site when I can send it to him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:31 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:
Can't email it but it is here http://www.plta.org.uk/Default.aspx and CC will, I am sure, put it on the NTA Site when I can send it to him.

yeah, and then again :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next