Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 6:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: What is the NTTG.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:34 pm 

tom2907 Post subject: Re: Manchester Cab committee.Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:36 am

(City of Manchester )

T.O.A HOUSE • RAYNESWAY • BROUGHTON STREET • MANCHESTER • M8 8NN

Tel: 0161-834 3372 Fax: 0161-839 6554

Thursday, 08 September 2011

Fighting Fund Update

I am pleased to announce that we have managed to get a contribution of £2000 from the National Taxi Trades Group (NTTG) and Pat Connor has very generously contributed £500 to kick off the fund.

We have purchased receipt pads with triplicate copies (one each for; payee, collector and information collator)

We will need the following volunteers; collectors, an information collator, a banker and a scrutiny committee of five persons.

The money will go into the bank account left over from the Checker Cars/AirportcarZ fight. This account requires two signatures on each cheque currently they are George Simms (secretary of Manchester Cab Committee) and Mohamed Ashraf (former Chairman ATA). Meetings of the general trade will be held in the Feeder Park on Tuesday 13th September at 11am and 7:30pm to answer any further questions

Sean Kenny
Chairman MCC

Footnote from MR Blackcabs:

The contribution of £500, Pat has recently made to the Cab Committee fighting fund is remarkable.

Pat has done his “porridge” on the job, he is probably thinking of retiring. It would be natural for anybody to think of themselves at such a time, however Pat does not think like that.

Pat's gesture has prompted MR Blackcab to make a contribution to the fund also. It should be stressed that MR have no financial interest in work at the Airport, MR are Manchester’s leading CREDIT cab company. However we are fully aware of the implications to the whole trade if this matter is not resolved.

The GMB has worked continually of this matter and raised considerable funding, thanks to the Trojan efforts of Sean Kenny. One has to wonder what the other ‘U’nions and Associations are doing.?

Returning to the matter of Pat, I know you are fond of my quotations (sic).
I think the following says it all;

“A machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men, no machine can do the work of one extraordinary man”.

Elbert Hubbard (1865-1915)

Pat Connor is an extraordinary man.

source= http://www.mrblackcab.proboards.com

This post is what started people looking into the NTTG

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:29 pm 

MR T wrote:
I am pleased to announce that we have managed to get a contribution of £2000 from the National Taxi Trades Group (NTTG)

When is a loan not a loan?

When its a contribution.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:36 pm 

captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:
I am pleased to announce that we have managed to get a contribution of £2000 from the National Taxi Trades Group (NTTG)

When is a loan not a loan?

When its a contribution.

when given by the NTTG. #-o

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:16 am 

The same bunch will be having a meeting with the Law Commission next week using the name LETU.. I just hope that doesn't turn into a riot...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:38 pm 

MR T wrote:
The same bunch will be having a meeting with the Law Commission next week using the name LETU.. I just hope that doesn't turn into a riot...

What is the LETU.

bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:38 pm 

charles007 wrote:
MR T wrote:

What is the LETU.

Liverpool Extratirrestrial taxi union.... you know that dope that wanted to send 10,000 taxis down the motorway to London.... I hope they behave themselves

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:27 am 

MR T wrote:
charles007 wrote:
MR T wrote:

What is the LETU.

Liverpool Extratirrestrial taxi union.... you know that dope that wanted to send 10,000 taxis down the motorway to London.... I hope they behave themselves

May be we should send an Email to the LC telling them they or a non elected Commiittee, and as such may not represent the views of the NTTG Membership. and as such there views represent themself's.

What is sad about this that some of them may have been voted back in.

bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:17 pm 

If anybody wants to know what happened at the NTTG AGM ...I will tell you... but I don't want to bore you.... so I suggest a vote Yes or No..

To set the scene.... think of an old-fashioned cowboy movie.....

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:43 pm 

MR T wrote:
If anybody wants to know what happened at the NTTG AGM ...I will tell you... but I don't want to bore you.... so I suggest a vote Yes or No..

I've heard one version of what happened, well kind of. It consisted of a lot of swearing and name calling, so a coherent version would be most welcome :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:20 pm 

toots wrote:
MR T wrote:

I've heard one version of what happened, well kind of. It consisted of a lot of swearing and name calling, so a coherent version would be most welcome :D

It just so happens that the whole meeting was recorded... I can sell you a CD.for 9.99... its hilarious... :badgrin: :lol: :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:28 pm 

MR T wrote:
toots wrote:
MR T wrote:

It just so happens that the whole meeting was recorded... I can sell you a CD.for 9.99... its hilarious... :badgrin: :lol: :D

Thanks for the offer but I'm working tonight so I have all the entertainment I need for a while :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:35 am 

it put Dallas to shame,

bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:50 pm 

toots wrote:
MR T wrote:

As nobody wants to know what happened.... I will PM you with the facts....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:21 pm 

At the so called joke that was supposed to represent a AGM (The NTTG) which was officed by unelected committee officials.... it was mentioned that they were collecting money from the trade..... I would strongly advise that if asked you should refuse....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:15 pm 

MR T wrote:
At the so called joke that was supposed to represent a AGM (The NTTG) which was officed by unelected committee officials.... it was mentioned that they wear collecting money from the trade..... I would strongly advise that if asked you should refuse....

Yes Yes Yes, spill the beans Mr. T.

bbha@btinternet.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next