Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: What is the NTTG.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:53 pm 

For over 12 months I have been asking them to hold a meeting.... but as of yet they have failed to comply.... the Chair is.. Trevor Bowler from Blackpool. whom I understand is not associated to any Blackpool Association and now does not even drive or own a taxi .
so as you may well understand I find it hard to see who he is representing on the committee.
Another committee member is Pat from Manchester GMB representative.
And then there is George Simms.... who I believe is very ill and in a nursing home.
I do not know the 4th committee member, but I believe he is a licensing officer according to Mr Bowler.
And then we have Tony mullane from Liverpool..... I cannot find anyone in Liverpool who elected him to represent them .
Yet these people are claiming to represent thousands of the Hackney Trade across the North West.

As no meetings have been held to find out the views of the members of the NTTG it is obvious that the committee is acting entirely for themselves.

I spoke to Trevor Bowler last night he told me there was no need to have any meetings as they have no members.... his words

Post subject: Re: What is the NTTG.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:10 pm 

I would imagine they have one policy, and that's to keep taxi quotas.

The rest of the recommendations/proposals in the LC report will matter not to them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:40 pm 

Yes i agree Mr T, i spoke to Mr Bowler to day, I find it funny were I have over 500 members over the northwest, i dont get invited to the meeting of minds but Mr. Bowler Does, may be i should go National, i dont even get asked some still live in the past.

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:23 am 

charles007 wrote:
Yes i agree Mr T, i spoke to Mr Bowler to day.

And what did he say??

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:36 am 

I was expecting something a little more angry and longer :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:21 am 

captain cab wrote:
I was expecting something a little more angry and longer :lol:

Why, what is the point we all have are views me yes i have upset many people in may time i have been out spoken, on a lot points unlike some but a lot others my job is my members even them some like me some don't.

But its true i have over 500 members why unlike some i put members first, i have made a lot bad moves, which let say P****d a lot of people off, i always rememberd what Mr. T, told me when i was hanged out to dry by NTTG.

So what i did is whent out there and did it, i have upset NTA, NPHA, and few others and a lot of Councils. now i can help members in a lot of ways take Thuresday an appeal to the county Court on a parking Ticket, i put the appeal before the court and won, we won against Backburn council 2011 and got £2500 legual cost. i have moved on but some have not.
thank you Mr. T.

bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:52 am 

MR T wrote:
For over 12 months I have been asking them to hold a meeting.... but as of yet they have failed to comply.... the Chair is.. Trevor Bowler from Blackpool. whom I understand is not associated to any Blackpool Association and now does not even drive or own a taxi .
so as you may well understand I find it hard to see who he is representing on the committee.
Another committee member is Pat from Manchester GMB representative.
And then there is George Simms.... who I believe is very ill and in a nursing home.
I do not know the 4th committee member, but I believe he is a licensing officer according to Mr Bowler.
And then we have Tony mullane from Liverpool..... I cannot find anyone in Liverpool who elected him to represent them .
Yet these people are claiming to represent thousands of the Hackney Trade across the North West.

As no meetings have been held to find out the views of the members of the NTTG it is obvious that the committee is acting entirely for themselves.

I spoke to Trevor Bowler last night he told me there was no need to have any meetings as they have no members.... his words

Now where have I heard exactly those conditions of organisational structure in a so called national body before?

Ah, that's right, just remembered; the NATU.

One and the same organisational structure.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:12 am 

MR T wrote:
charles007 wrote:

And what did he say??

i was saying why do some of the Blackpool drivers say glad he gone, well again its this thing that some in this trade suffers from they never move on from the past, the past ruls there heads. its all about when he left some years ago and I and Paul went to Blackpool.

he told me that he had attended the meeting of minds he is the chair of the nttg, who ever voted Mr. Bowler in.

bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:26 pm 

charles007 wrote:
MR T wrote:
charles007 wrote:

And what did he say??

i was saying why do some of the Blackpool drivers say glad he gone, well again its this thing that some in this trade suffers from they never move on from the past, the past ruls there heads. its all about when he left some years ago and I and Paul went to Blackpool.

he told me that he had attended the meeting of minds he is the chair of the nttg, who ever voted Mr. Bowler in.

I spoke to Mr Bowler all of 12 months ago, and asked him to supply me with the contact names and addresses of all the associations that originally joined, I told him I would contact each and every one of them or the Association they have now become, nothing has been supplied to me, your Association, two Associations in Sefton, and the Trafford Association are definitely still in existence... so why no meetings.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:26 pm 

charles007 wrote:
MR T wrote:
charles007 wrote:

And what did he say??

Maybe some of the drivers in blackpool thought it was time for him to stand down.Maybe hed had is day as for what hes up to now i dont know but wish him all the best in his retirement ..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:46 pm 

in his retirement then why if that is so is he attending the meeting of minds, yes all right they can invite who they want.

bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:57 pm 

charles007 wrote:
in his retirement then why if that is so is he attending the meeting of minds, yes all right they can invite who they want.

Look at it the other way Mr Charles 007.

If he is retired, then he must still really care about the trade to attend meetings at his age and pay expenses out of his own pocket.

Also, there is no substitute for experience and it sounds like he has many accumulated decades of that.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:16 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:

Also, there is no substitute for experience and it sounds like he has many accumulated decades of that.

Experience is no guarantee of ability. Sometimes it just means a more experienced tw4t :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:46 pm 

As i said he no longer drives a cab in blackpool and no longer sits on the association here, i thought hed hung his keys up a few years ago.As for what he does now i havent a clue, but wish him all the best.I will say he did a lot of good work here and does have a good knowledge of the cab trade.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:13 pm 

blackpool wrote:
As i said he no longer drives a cab in blackpool and no longer sits on the association here, i thought hed hung his keys up a few years ago.As for what he does now i havent a clue, but wish him all the best.I will say he did a lot of good work here and does have a good knowledge of the cab trade.

You've just reminded me... Blackpool paid into the NTTG.. and that Association still exists.... and Trevor is not representing you..... as he has no contact with you.. questions need to be asked..... and the NTTG I believe are paying his expenses.......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next