Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: What is the NTTG.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:22 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
charles007 wrote:
in his retirement then why if that is so is he attending the meeting of minds, yes all right they can invite who they want.

Look at it the other way Mr Charles 007.

If he is retired, then he must still really care about the trade to attend meetings at his age and pay expenses out of his own pocket.

Also, there is no substitute for experience and it sounds like he has many accumulated decades of that.

Does he remind you of yourself..... and Remember what happened at the last meeting of minds..... I believe the words were..... behave yourself or you will not be invited back...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:53 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Now where have I heard exactly those conditions of organisational structure in a so called national body before?

Ah, that's right, just remembered; the NATU.

One and the same organisational structure.

I would certainly agree - from looking at the NATU's website at least - that there's little evidence regarding how it's organised, who's representing the 'organisation' and who the 'organisation' is representing.

On the other hand, perhaps the more important point is whether it's misrepresenting anything. For example, if it's purporting to represent x people when it's really y.

I haven't really seen anything to support the view that it's actually doing anything specifically wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:58 pm 

MR T wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
charles007 wrote:
in his retirement then why if that is so is he attending the meeting of minds, yes all right they can invite who they want.

If he is retired, then he must still really care about the trade to attend meetings at his age and pay expenses out of his own pocket.

Also, there is no substitute for experience and it sounds like he has many accumulated decades of that.

Does he remind you of yourself..... and Remember what happened at the last meeting of minds..... I believe the words were..... behave yourself or you will not be invited back...

Just because I voiced an opinion that did not go down too well and one nose may have been put out of joint.

But hey, that's democracy for you.

My God, you do have your spies!!

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:03 pm 

Quote:
My God, you do have your spies!!
Friends :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:05 pm 

MR T wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
charles007 wrote:

who? i was not at the meeting, and allways behave myself Mr T.

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:06 pm 

Dusty Bin wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Now where have I heard exactly those conditions of organisational structure in a so called national body before?

Ah, that's right, just remembered; the NATU.

One and the same organisational structure.

I would certainly agree - from looking at the NATU's website at least - that there's little evidence regarding how it's organised, who's representing the 'organisation' and who the 'organisation' is representing.

On the other hand, perhaps the more important point is whether it's misrepresenting anything. For example, if it's purporting to represent x people when it's really y.

I haven't really seen anything to support the view that it's actually doing anything specifically wrong.

IMO and if you look at the timings when they were set up, the NATU was specifically born just before the Select Committee hearings on Cross Border issues so that they could be invited as 'national reps for taxi users'.

Now that's one way of getting on the panel of people that a select committee might invite or listen to, but how can you put that kind of set-up on a par with the NTA, LTDA, Unite, GMB, etc, who have spent decades and half centuries representing the trade.

Brummie Cabbie.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:07 pm 

Quote:
I was speaking to Brummie cabbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:09 pm 

MR T wrote:
Quote:

Shame you didn't speak [much] when you attended some months ago.

Brummie Cabbie.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:13 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
MR T wrote:
Quote:

Shame you didn't speak [much] when you attended some months ago.

There was nothing to say..... there was enough people spouting hot air as it was.... my personal opinion.... is that I will wait for this flower to bloom... and then if necessary cut off its head..... when all minds are focused on survival

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:20 pm 

MR T wrote:
There was nothing to say..... there was enough people spouting hot air as it was.... my personal opinion.... is that I will wait for this flower to bloom... and then if necessary cut off its head..... when all minds are focused on survival

So dialogue is not in your nature then. From dialogue others may see the errors of their ways, including me too. You have great experience on your side and it's a shame that you don't use that to good effect.

But then you might see yourself as a taxi proprietor version of 007, preferring to assassinate instead of resorting to dialogue.

Brummie Cabbie.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:30 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Now where have I heard exactly those conditions of IMO and if you look at the timings when they were set up, the NATU was specifically born just before the Select Committee hearings on Cross Border issues so that they could be invited as 'national reps for taxi users'.

So you're saying the TransComm itself had some input as regards to NATU's set up?

Or NATU set itself up because of the TransComm meeting?

On the first point that would certainly be unsatisfactory, but I don't think NATU has said anything much regards the cross-border issue and indeed has questioned restricted numbers, which is certainly something that the TransComm wouldn't welcome :-#

If on the other hand it's the second point that's more relevant then I can't really see the issue - the rare occasion when these issues are being debated on the national stage would seem an opportune time to set up a consumer representative organisation, don't you think?

Quote:
Now that's one way of getting on the panel of people that a select committee might invite or listen to, but how can you put that kind of set-up on a par with the NTA, LTDA, Unite, GMB, etc, who have spent decades and half centuries representing the trade

So because any consumer organisation has to be set up from scratch then to that extent you're implying that it lacks legitimacy?

And perhaps you're right about the LTDA, but the NTA, Unite, GMB et al, "represent the trade"?

They represent a vested interest therein is perhaps a better way of putting it.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black bum :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:40 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
MR T wrote:

So dialogue is not in your nature then. From dialogue others may see the errors of their ways, including me too. You have great experience on your side and it's a shame that you don't use that to good effect.

But then you might see yourself as a taxi proprietor version of 007, preferring to assassinate instead of resorting to dialogue.

Well dose that not sum up the trade, dialogue how much dialaogue does the trade need to have we know what the issues are but what is being done to stop it. the NTA, NPHa, THE UNIONS, all been to the meetings, with the law Commisssion.

you have it would seem been to the meetings of Mainds so what is to be done.

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:09 pm 

Think the first step is to let anybody know what is going on, its suprising how few people have even heard of the law commision,let alone what it actually recommends !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:11 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Think the first step is to let anybody know what is going on, its suprising how few people have even heard of the law commision,let alone what it actually recommends !

And who's fault is that?

In my view it's the fault of the driver(s).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:16 pm 

Sussex wrote:
blackpool wrote:

And who's fault is that?

In my view it's the fault of the driver(s).

I totally disagree... I think that the Law Commission should have advertised in all the national papers

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next