Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:04 pm 

Sussex wrote:
MR T wrote:
and how many have you sold

None, but I don't see 100s of them sitting around gathering dust.

You are in Brighton..... which is nearly the end of the Earth... how would you know anything about dealers across the country.. Brighton is supposed to be a city..... we've got villages that are bigger.....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:24 am 

Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:
If they can't get credit how are they going to buy it, new or 2nd hand, they shoot money outta their ass ffs :lol:

If they can't get the money for second hand vehicles, then they wont be able to fund a new vehicle no matter how many finance companies there are.

Which was the point the dealer was pursuing at Coventry.

Limited credit options brought about by limited companies prepared to give credit is the problem. Clearly if there is more choice the drivers would have more options if plan (a) failed, but now if plan (a) fails they're fecked and whilst you may think that's fine I don't. What you are failing to understand is the companies work it out on the basis of a drivers ability to pay it back if there are doubts as to the drivers ability to pay it back that are not based on the drivers credit rating what do you think it's based on? I'm gonna go for a wild stab in the dark and guess it might be that the companies don't believe the driver will be able to earn enough money, but, I could be wrong :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:19 am 

MR T wrote:
What vehicle did you buy, it wasn't a Mondale was it. and how easy is that to resell as a second-hand vehicle.... a vast market, not like a second hand wheelchair accessible vehicle and no were near the price...

Are you for real Mr T?

A second-hand Mondeo cab bought new will depreciate like a stone.

A WAV's value will be rock-solid by comparison.

And you call me naive? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:24 am 

Dusty Bin wrote:
MR T wrote:
What vehicle did you buy, it wasn't a Mondale was it. and how easy is that to resell as a second-hand vehicle.... a vast market, not like a second hand wheelchair accessible vehicle and no were near the price...

Are you for real Mr T?

A second Mondeo cab bought new will depreciate like a stone.

A WAV's value will be rock-solid by comparison.

And you call me naive? :wink:

you don't know anything of the motor trade then..... but we know that

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:28 am 

MR T wrote:
What the Law Commission have to look into is the knock-on effect of their decisions, which are many, like the supply of wheelchair accessible vehicles, why should anybody buy one if they reduce the income of the taxi trade, people will simply discard the wheelchair accessible vehicle and buy a saloon vehicle, while the private hire drivers have the advantage of driving vehicles that are a great deal cheaper to run, where will this leave the council's, how will they fulfil their obligations to the disabled, private hire have been exempt from providing wheelchair accessible vehicles.

If drivers discards wheelchair accessible vehicles.... then the the cost to the disabled for Transport will greatly increase.. as people say supply and demand.... what will happen to the manufacturers... will they call it a day... No Demand..... or because of a shortage of demand will the price get higher.... supply and demand...

Where are you talking about, precisely? I know Sefton and Blackpool are different, but the reality is that the vast majority of WAV taxis in the country are run because they've no choice in the matter, so they can't 'discard' them.

I assume you're alluding to derestriction here.

Rather than the scenario you depict the reality in a place like Liverpool is that they could derestrict and end up with more WAVs than there are now.

They only have to look next door at the likes of the Wirral to see that.

Quote:
you have to make a comparison as to what would happen if all road markings were removed, all road signs, what would the chaos be then. if you got up in the morning and found that a car had been parked across your drive.. and you couldn't get your vehicle out you'd certainly have something to say

I'm sure there's something profound in there, but I'm damned if I can work out what it is :roll: :-k

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:31 am 

toots wrote:
If they can't get credit how are they going to buy it, new or 2nd hand, they shoot money outta their ass ffs :lol:

Is that a technical term? :?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:32 am 

Dusty Bin wrote:
MR T wrote:
What the Law Commission have to look into is the knock-on effect of their decisions, which are many, like the supply of wheelchair accessible vehicles, why should anybody buy one if they reduce the income of the taxi trade, people will simply discard the wheelchair accessible vehicle and buy a saloon vehicle, while the private hire drivers have the advantage of driving vehicles that are a great deal cheaper to run, where will this leave the council's, how will they fulfil their obligations to the disabled, private hire have been exempt from providing wheelchair accessible vehicles.

If drivers discards wheelchair accessible vehicles.... then the the cost to the disabled for Transport will greatly increase.. as people say supply and demand.... what will happen to the manufacturers... will they call it a day... No Demand..... or because of a shortage of demand will the price get higher.... supply and demand...

Where are you talking about, precisely? I know Sefton and Blackpool are different, but the reality is that the vast majority of WAV taxis in the country are run because they've no choice in the matter, so they can't 'discard' them.

I assume you're alluding to derestriction here.

Rather than the scenario you depict the reality in a place like Liverpool is that they could derestrict and end up with more WAVs than there are now.

They only have to look next door at the likes of the Wirral to see that.

Quote:
you have to make a comparison as to what would happen if all road markings were removed, all road signs, what would the chaos be then. if you got up in the morning and found that a car had been parked across your drive.. and you couldn't get your vehicle out you'd certainly have something to say

I'm sure there's something profound in there, but I'm damned if I can work out what it is :roll: :-k

The is nothing to stop Liverpool drivers taking Liverpool to court. over saloon vehicles. some disabled people much prefer them, Liverpools already lost one case, will they lose another.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:34 am 

Quote:
I'm sure there's something profound in there, but I'm damned if I can work out what it is

Commonsense is not one of your strong points :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:45 am 

MR T wrote:
The is nothing to stop Liverpool drivers taking Liverpool to court. over saloon vehicles. some disabled people much prefer them, Liverpools already lost one case, will they lose another.

I sometimes wonder if you inhabit some kind of parallel universe, Mr T. :D

Indeed there's nothing to stop Liverpool owners (not drivers - are there actually Liverpool owners who drive? :shock: ) taking the council to court, but I suspect the only winners out of that one would be the lawyers. :sad:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:49 am 

Dusty Bin wrote:
MR T wrote:

Indeed there's nothing to stop Liverpool owners (not drivers - are there actually Liverpool owners who drive? :shock: ) taking the council to court, but I suspect the only winners out of that one would be the lawyers. :sad:

There are lots of owners that drive..... and Liverpool drivers are not asking for any more licences.... they've been there, done that, and didn't like it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:50 am 

Quote:
I sometimes wonder if you inhabit some kind of parallel universe, Mr T

now there is the difference... I know you do :shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:35 am 

Dusty Bin wrote:
toots wrote:

Is that a technical term? :?

It's as technical as I get :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:17 am 

Dusty Bin wrote:
MR T wrote:

Been tried up here at least twice. Council won both times.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:36 am 

MR T wrote:
There are lots of owners that drive..... and Liverpool drivers are not asking for any more licences.... they've been there, done that, and didn't like it.

So you've asked every driver in Liverpool whether they'd like a plate then? =D>

And lots of big fleet owners in Liverpool though. Correct? :?:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:28 am 

Dusty Bin wrote:
MR T wrote:

So you've asked every driver in Liverpool whether they'd like a plate then? =D>

And lots of big fleet owners in Liverpool though. Correct? :?:

You do keep changing what has been said don't you. I am sure that there will be drivers that would like a plate, but they know there is too many now. and who are these big fleets

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next