Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:28 am 

toots wrote:

I think you may prefer Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys :wink:

I dont think I would tbh.....not whilst im writing my book to the LC :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:34 am 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

I think you may prefer Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys :wink:

I dont think I would tbh.....not whilst im writing my book to the LC :lol:

I don't know perhaps you could compare the genocide of Baltic people with the genocide of the taxis which is how your novel could end up at this rate :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:37 am 

toots wrote:

I don't know perhaps you could compare the genocide of Baltic people with the genocide of the taxis which is how your novel could end up at this rate :wink:

naaa, i think I'll stick the the helicopter gunships, explosions and always getting the three girls needed to fulfil my every desire (cooking, cleaning, ironing).

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:41 am 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

naaa, i think I'll stick the the helicopter gunships, explosions and always getting the three girls needed to fulfil my every desire (cooking, cleaning, ironing).

Your desires are limited :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:32 am 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:

Don't you think the reader might get bored trying to wade through 34,000 or more words in one go?

I doubt if they will bother reading it. IMO What's going on at the moment is a box ticking exercise. The big decisions have already been made, they are just legitimising the whole thing by going through the motions and wasting everyone's time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:09 am 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

FFS Captain, you're slipping up!!

You forgot washing, gardening and decorating; those are all wife jobs too.

Call yourself a man!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:12 am 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
FFS Captain, you're slipping up!!

You forgot washing, gardening and decorating; those are all wife jobs too.

Call yourself a man!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm a 21st century kinda guy 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:26 am 

gusmac wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Don't you think the reader might get bored trying to wade through 34,000 or more words in one go?

I doubt if they will bother reading it. IMO What's going on at the moment is a box ticking exercise. The big decisions have already been made, they are just legitimising the whole thing by going through the motions and wasting everyone's time.

The question that needs to be asked of the LC is, 'Will all responses be published?'

And I have a feeling that they won't be; it's just a sixth sense that I have. Some may already know the answer to that question and if you do know for certain, then please post on here.

If the responses are not published, then nobody outside the LC knows what has been written / said and nobody on the outside will know what weight of expression has been placed on any given consultation subject or topic.

This will obviously lead to non-transparency and a feeling of a stitch-up within the trades.

If however all responses are published, then alarm bells may well be sounding if the LC decide to legislate in the opposite direction to heavily weighed majority opinions in responses on a particular consultation topic.

Perhaps the LC may indeed wish to stop the repeated soundings of the alarm on many of the consultation topics and decide not to publish the responses.

Should they not publish, then serious questions need to be asked about the transparency of the whole process.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:03 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
if the LC decide to legislate in the opposite direction to heavily weighed majority opinions in responses on a particular consultation topic.

All opinions matter not only those with evidence do. I'd be happy with an analysis of the consultation instead of every opinion word for word being available

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:20 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Should they not publish, then serious questions need to be asked about the transparency of the whole process.

Are you unaware of the Data Protection Act? :?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:50 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:

Are you unaware of the Data Protection Act? :?

didnt stop the select committee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:04 pm 

captain cab wrote:
didnt stop the select committee

They said the submissions were their property, and would be published unless the authour requested anonymity.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:08 am 

captain cab wrote:
Chris the Fish wrote:

If you want to use a citation, try for a clip from "Fifty Shades of Grey" - I am reliably informed that it gets quite steamy - that might make them read it all. :badgrin:

The Mrs has got all three books.....sadly all to no effect :sad:

Maybe you should ask her to read the books and not just use them for standing on whilst cleaning the top of the cupboards. :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7