Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:14 pm 

And that is safety of drivers.

Now I'm not saying that there is a lot any new legislation could do to help protect drivers in what must be one of the most dangerous jobs in the world, but when you have had over 50 drivers murdered just doing their job in the UK in the last 15 years or so, perhaps there could be measures introduced to help.

For instance, the right of every driver to demand payment in advance for any journey might be a start. That way you don't have to fight for your money at the end of a journey.

Making non-payment of fare in all instances an arrestable criminal offence is another that could be looked at.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:43 am 
If anyone tells you you can't charge upfront simply explain it calmly, it's not you, I don't know you, you will only pay what the meter says and an adjustment will be made at the end of the ride, until the police are told they must attend every time a cabby has trouble getting paid then the law has no right to say you can't ask for a deposit, you are only in the wrong if you don't use the meter and overcharge knowingly,

The old law was written in times of trust, those days are long dead, so make a choice, pay up front or come get the body if an enraged driver looses it after not getting paid.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:29 am 

That may be the case for taxis Mr Doom but I'm not so sure it is the case for private hire or is their safety not important :wink: