It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:57 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
TDO has been going how long?

PHTM has been going how Long?

WTF has that got to do with it?

The numbers I quote are from the OFT report, no-one other than you and Mr Roland (and now the T man) have ever questioned those stats, because they were based on returns to the DfT from the councils themselves.

Yet you are now happy to say in 2002 only 74 councils restricted, yet in 2003 154 did, then in 2004 151 did.

If you follow your train of thought 80 councils restricted in the 12 months between 2003 and 2004, only for 60 of them to re-delimit by today. If Mr Roland's 94 is correct.

For the record there are 86 councils in England and Wales that restrict, including about half a dozen that have re-restricted. And Bracknell that have re-delimited.

Mr Roland's numbers are so far out I'm amazed that anyone gives his quote any credence, especially someone like you that has a brain.

I have had his stuff emailed to me in Excel format that many times over the years that I have lost count.

I have scrutinised his info on many ocassions and apart from his interpretation of which London tariff should be treated as the night tariff [London has tariff two from 8.00pm to 10.00pm and tariff three from 10.00pm to 6.00am] I have never found fault with his stats.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:02 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
I have had his stuff emailed to me in Excel format that many times over the years that I have lost count.

This thread isn't discussing what Mr Roland does in relation to fares, it's about him getting it so wrong in relation to the % of councils that restrict, and the % of councils that don't.

The fact that he has got it so wrong, is the most unbelievable part of all of this. :-k

The problem is that good people are going to quote those stats to the LC in their submissions, and the LC are going to assume those submitting haven't got a f***ing clue what they are on about.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:04 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Captain please PM him and put him right. FFS. ](*,)

To what end?, there are threads and threads on here with me and that old s*d arguing.....but I never once doubted his figures, he often took offence even when questioned, because he used to phone each council licensing department for updates.

in fact he knew if an area was considering deregulation before any of us.

He even went to lengths of giving warnings to certain folks that their surveys were nearly out of date

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:08 pm 

captain cab wrote:
To what end?, there are threads and threads on here with me and that old s*d arguing.....but I never once doubted his figures, he often took offence even when questioned, because he used to phone each council licensing department for updates.

in fact he knew if an area was considering deregulation before any of us.

He even went to lengths of giving warnings to certain folks that their surveys were nearly out of date

I really miss him.

That said he would have really really loved this thread. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:29 am 
Ah botox, let it be a nasty surprise later.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:17 am 

Sussex wrote:
And there was silly old me thinking that slavery was abolished. :sad:

Maybe in your neck of the woods but it's been alive and kicking in a lot other places for a while now and the enslaved pay for the privilege :shock:

Captain Cab wrote:
Yes, and here's little old me going to suggest scrapping operators licenses and making the PH drivers license a dual ph driver operator license.

I already suggested it at Coventry to Mr RP and he seemed genuinely interested in the suggestion but you never know with these people :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:04 am 

Doom wrote:

Most grateful for that well considered in-depth analysis. :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:35 am 
Sussex wrote:
Doom wrote:

Most grateful for that well considered in-depth analysis. :roll: :roll:

That wasn't aimed at you btw, I know it looks like it was a reply to you but it wasn't, I wrote about something that I then decided I didn't want out in the open yet, so if and when it is necessary it'll come as a nasty surprise to those that caused it and it will hurt them considerably in the pocket, and as they obviously haven't considered it, it highlights just what a load of half informed people they really are,

I thought it classic when hearing the lady speak, words from someone who earns buckets presiding over something she has no knowledge of and in a I'm right as usual tone, well lets see how she likes it when Eastern European mafias are fronting cab after cab to supply drugs etc, something else she and her friends have given no consideration to, but how could she, she isn't on a rank driving is she, she's an expert at cab driving simply because she knows how to open the door and ride in one now and again, how dangerous,

If the LC do what I think they are going to, this is what a taxi will become,

Where you go, eh, what, yeah yeah

Excuse me driver are you aware this road is 30mph as you see 55mph on the dash

Oh shut up, Engleesh I know what I do

£8

It was £3 yesterday

£8 £8 gimme

THE END.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:49 pm 

Sussex wrote:
In his opinion piece he also tries to lobby operators to write to the LC (good thing) indicating how bad it will be if their PH drivers leave that side of the trade and work on the other side (bad thing).

I think it's called 'freedom of choice' Mr Roland. :-k

Still it's interesting to see that gene pool of the 'Northern Mill Owners' is still alive and thriving up north in the PH trade.

Mr Delta didn't seem to think so though, in view of his remarks against the Liverpool HC trade.

And I didn't notice Mr Roland proferring his views against the DEREGULATED PH trade, nor indeed the LC's proposals to deregulate it further. [-(

Or maybe I missed that bit 8-[

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:02 pm 

Doom wrote:
That wasn't aimed at you btw,

I know, I was just in a sarky mood. :wink: