Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:07 pm 
Having had a second listen to the interview and focusing on the safety standards issues I believe what she is saying is....

A hack has no base so it needs enhanced rules over PH to ensure only the most suitable drive them and that the public safety is made up in a PHC by the office they work from, so where someone might not know how to complain to the council they will know instantly the number to complain to in the PHC,

This has some flaws in itself as it then makes the PH op the judge and jury over it's own drivers, and if it means having to find another driver and risk an empty seat until so they will 9/10 ignore it and say don't do it again and nothing changes because the sort of driver who does bad things will continue to do so regardless because someone of that ilk lacks morale fibre anyway,

She has to broaden her outlook on de-regulation, to quote Solihull and Ipswich as examples to represent the whole country is absurd, the one point all seem to miss is market forces is ok when you have no liability, if you are 15 mths into a 5 year finance agreement on a car you don't have the option to quit just like that because you are no longer earning enough, I think they should look into suicide rates for this as well,

And this instant service cab thing which seems to be a desire is also absurd, I've yet to see a bank or a bar be forced to employ more people just because they can't serve everyone at the click of the fingers, is there a bus waiting at every stop for you? no there isn't, can you wait 20 - 30 minutes before one appears? yes you can, now these run on subsidies as well so where's my sub, I wait 45 - 90 minutes a time for a customer and that customer often doesn't go further than £4, isn't that illegal under working directives? if it is say a 60 min wait for a £4 job I've worked for nothing as £4 is my hours vs costs radio I work to,

I'd also like to point out locally there is a man who owns 200+ PH cars, none driven by him and he's just bought 6 NX8 eurocabs with the intent to re-spray and license as Hacks should he get the chance, those 6 will quickly become 30 and history shows he won't stop there, he takes advantage of immigrants who he tells lies to in their own countries to get them over, ties them up with re-payment contracts for fees and traveling at a grossly inflated % and takes their passports from them, just to let you all know just who is lurking in the background, and since this has happened the complaint ratio has soared at the council offices,

The one thing that is overlooked in all this is why are PH allowed to take on more than they can feed, make them show they have the work for those cars, I came from a friendly PH set up, in the 15 years since I left it it's become unrecognisable, no regard for the drivers, high costs to the drivers while holding the fares down to low levels, low fares are great if you get plenty of them, over supply of cars means low fares equals low wages and that's when overcharging starts and customer care finishes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:10 pm 

Doom, you seem to be working under the impression they will change their minds.

They dont give a sh*t and wont change their minds, they've been given a brief and are working rigidly to it.

And when its all done, and we've all starved to death, they'll work on something else.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:56 pm 
Nope I'm aware of that, I'm just doing my all possibilities scenarios, it will help me shove this nightmare existence out for good, I'm going to see someone today whose up to no good but has the funds and as far as I'm concerned the darling public can eventually enjoy a cab service just like they ordered, an unsafe dishonest one, let the cab trade become true to it's formerly unjust reputation, because the whole trade is now riddled with corrupt people from top to bottom, and I will enjoy watching them eat it tbh, it will be like a debt repayed to me where they can suffer an asshole, this will all have repercussions throughout the fabric of society, they can't see it, but then again I don't know how to do laser eye treatment either as I know f all about it, but I am sensible enough to know I don't know, these people seem to think they know our business when infact they are making novice decision after novice decision on our behalf, so once they've destroyed it let them enjoy the chaos, their plans have just made drug dealing 1000 times easier, not to mention people trafficking and prostitution, before long you will be able to call dial a shag and do the hoe in the back of the WAV before getting dropped off home again, they just don't have a clue who they are opening it all up to.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:22 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Doom, you seem to be working under the impression they will change their minds.

They dont give a sh*t and wont change their minds, they've been given a brief and are working rigidly to it.

And when its all done, and we've all starved to death, they'll work on something else.

You're quite right imo there is little any of us can do but voice out opinion but it doesn't end there does it, at some point the work to stop this or parts of this brief ever becoming a reality will again fall to the trade to pressure their MPs. How many will be bothered to do that?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:18 pm 

Doom wrote:
I'm still on it T, I just listened to the Sefton guy put valid points across and basically get stalled when he was clear as day about what he said.

You mean Trevor from Seaforth who dodged the question whether he was a taxi driver? (@1.21.25) :lol:

Wonder who that would be? 8-[

Doom wrote:
Basics of it if Delta feel they are the good guy then they can start paying holiday and sickness to their drivers, bet that isn't going to happen though, he is the typical work the N***er type, I can't wait to hear this pric crying later when the central hub call centre gets going, because he doesn't realise for one minute that they are changing the rules to make this call centre happen properly, because it can't happen fully until they've given PH single operator status, i.e no need to affiliate to a company, so when it happens I will be laughing my nuts off, anyone want a second hand Auriga system cheap?

http://www.voip.co.uk/about-us-follow-v ... lta-taxis/

Interesting video about Delta here, at least if you've got a few million jobs that your system can't handle 8-[

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:48 pm 

Dusty Bin wrote:
Interesting video about Delta here, at least if you've got a few million jobs that your system can't handle

A few million between 1700/2000 ain't that much, it sounds a lot but it ain't. With that many cars they shouldn't have any problems covering the work so I wonder why they do?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:51 pm 

toots wrote:
Dusty Bin wrote:
Interesting video about Delta here, at least if you've got a few million jobs that your system can't handle

A few million between 1700/2000 ain't that much, it sounds a lot but it ain't. With that many cars they shouldn't have any problems covering the work so I wonder why they do?

The video's about the technology to handle the calls, not how much drivers are getting.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:54 pm 

Dusty Bin wrote:
toots wrote:
Dusty Bin wrote:

The video's about the technology to handle the calls, not how much drivers are getting.

You're quite right but everything effects the driver :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:58 pm 

toots wrote:
Dusty Bin wrote:
toots wrote:

You're quite right but everything effects the driver :wink:

Yes, the Higgs Boson affects the driver as well, but I didn't really think it was relevant to the video.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:30 pm 

Well after listening to it, it sounded like the blind leading the blind
The LC woman does not have a clue, and if the rest of the LC are like that, what will the new laws be like if they are left to there own devises :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:09 pm 

Quote:
You mean Trevor from Seaforth who dodged the question whether he was a taxi driver? (@1.21.25)

Wonder who that would be?

I'm with you... he sounded dead shady to Me. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:11 pm 

skippy41 wrote:
Well after listening to it, it sounded like the blind leading the blind
The LC woman does not have a clue, and if the rest of the LC are like that, what will the new laws be like if they are left to there own devises :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

And you are her perfect example.

Cabbie that does it on the cheap. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:14 pm 

I loved it when Paul was referring to Ireland.... and wondered why he wasn't operating from there....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:23 pm 

market forces and what is best for the customer.... sounds reasonable..... but let's have a little think.... who are his customers.... who pay him.... I know.. it is his drivers.... does anybody think that they can negotiate their rents with him... ask him to charge a little more.... or even suggest that there are too many drivers....... it seems he preaches one thing.... but runs his business totally different.... so I've been told ... I might be wrong...
I also seem to remember that at one time they advertised that they were agents for the driver... and the latest little thing that when a driver has completed 12 hours he has to push a button that states he is still fit to work..... might have something to do with corporate manslaughter..... keep the standards high ..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:47 pm 

MR T wrote:
market forces and what is best for the customer.... sounds reasonable..... but let's have a little think.... who are his customers.... who pay him.... I know.. it is his drivers.... does anybody think that they can negotiate their rents with him... ask him to charge a little more.... or even suggest that there are too many drivers....... it seems he preaches one thing.... put runs his business totally different.... so I've been told ... I mean be wrong...
I also seem to remember that at one time they advertised that they were agents for the driver... and the latest little thing that when a driver has completed 12 hours he has to push a button that states he is still fit to work..... might have something to do with corporate manslaughter..... keep the standards high ..

Thing is he is telling the LC exactly what they want to hear, so they will be lapping it up.

When the report first came out I thought that some of the big issues could be changed, in my favour or not, but now I think only the side issues can/will be altered. The meat is staying.