Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:50 pm 

They made it quite clear that they want the removal of numbers regarding taxis, they also made it quite clear that private hire should simply be based on market forces.. in other words the private hire can do what they like, when they like, with whom they like, and as for Standards... that is something that can be sorted out later... and then Paul from Delta came on.... saying he was only interested in market forces and what is best for the customer... and that if the customer wanted a smelly private hire a driver in an old banger that was charging 50p a mile.. then that is what they should have......

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:55 pm 

MR T wrote:
They made it quite clear that they want the removal of numbers regarding taxis, they also made it quite clear that private hire should simply be based on market forces.. in other words the private hire can do what they like, when they like, with whom they like, and as for Standards... that is something that can be sorted out later... and then Paul from Delta came on.... saying he was only interested in market forces and what is best for the customer... and that if the customer wanted a smelly private hire a driver in an old banger that was charging 50p a mile.. then that is what they should have......

That could be on BBC iPlayer Regional.

What's the frequency for Merseyside Radio?

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:58 pm 

BBC - Radio Merseyside Roger Phillips - 05/07/2012

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:58 pm 

Quote:
Paul from Delta came on.... saying he was only interested in market forces and what is best for the customer... and that if the customer wanted a smelly private hire a driver in an old banger that was charging 50p a mile.. then that is what they should have

Yeah, I bet he's really interested in market forces.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:10 pm 

Here's the link;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/p00tty19

And you need to listen from 1:01:45 into the programme onwards.

The time-slide is at the top of the page.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:35 pm 
Mr T I wanna make wild passionate love to you,

You just posted what I needed to hear and I'll tell you what I heard,

This lady isn't interested in anything other than what the LC is being prompted to do, she's umm'ing a lot to question (never a good sign) she's used Ipswich as an example for de-reg, 15 became 55 so it's not many in her opinion, that is nearly a 300% increase, and 40 extra cabs is a big impact,

I think you were right all along, the agenda is set and cast and we can advise of moan all we like and it will just be ignored and sneered at,

So while I have time I will be putting my car up for transfer as of tomorrow, I had hoped we were dealing with professional people, but we are being looked into by a body that knows nothing about us and doesn't want to either from the sound of it, great when you are playing god with others lives isn't it,

And lets hear what they have to say when the master plan is in place and all the uncheckable immigrants are raping more passengers than ever before, because what I heard said......lets let everyone in and hang the proper guys who've been doing it a long time, guys who are and have been concerned about how criminal and unsuitable elements have entered the job, here's to being able to call a number and get a ride in a mobile cocaine shop, and then once off your face you can get free unwanted sex on the way home,

This is the last nail for me, recently I've been making inroads to move on and this seals the deal for me, thx again T, you have no idea how much you just helped me decide.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:46 pm 

Doom wrote:
Mr T I wanna make wild passionate love to you,

You just posted what I needed to hear and I'll tell you what I heard,

This lady isn't interested in anything other than what the LC is being prompted to do, she's umm'ing a lot to question (never a good sign) she's used Ipswich as an example for de-reg, 15 became 55 so it's not many in her opinion, that is nearly a 300% increase, and 40 extra cabs is a big impact,

I think you were right all along, the agenda is set and cast and we can advise of moan all we like and it will just be ignored and sneered at,

So while I have time I will be putting my car up for transfer as of tomorrow, I had hoped we were dealing with professional people, but we are being looked into by a body that knows nothing about us and doesn't want to either from the sound of it, great when you are playing god with others lives isn't it,

And lets hear what they have to say when the master plan is in place and all the uncheckable immigrants are raping more passengers than ever before, because what I heard said......lets let everyone in and hang the proper guys who've been doing it a long time, guys who are and have been concerned about how criminal and unsuitable elements have entered the job, here's to being able to call a number and get a ride in a mobile cocaine shop, and then once off your face you can get free unwanted sex on the way home,

This is the last nail for me, recently I've been making inroads to move on and this seals the deal for me, thx again T, you have no idea how much you just helped me decide.

You should listen to the rest of the show Delta Put's their point across

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:48 pm 
I'm still on it T, I just listened to the Sefton guy put valid points across and basically get stalled when he was clear as day about what he said.

Basics of it if Delta feel they are the good guy then they can start paying holiday and sickness to their drivers, bet that isn't going to happen though, he is the typical work the N***er type, I can't wait to hear this pric crying later when the central hub call centre gets going, because he doesn't realise for one minute that they are changing the rules to make this call centre happen properly, because it can't happen fully until they've given PH single operator status, i.e no need to affiliate to a company, so when it happens I will be laughing my nuts off, anyone want a second hand Auriga system cheap?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:55 pm 

The war is not over yet in fact it's only just begun..... I thought that Sefton guy was a bit of a moppet actually :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:04 am 
Oh my I just heard it all.....

The consumer should win, in Dublin it's "great" they only have to click their fingers and 100 cabs arrive

A system of no ranks (get rid of the hack eh, make my job easier to dominate everything) and they can sit round the corner waiting to be dispatched.

Who the flock is this guy, all I hear coming out of his gob is me me me me, a total sh1thead of the modern era, no wonder this country is done for, with flock thy neighbour attitude like that we might as well move it from point one to point 10 where you can simply walk down the street and murder someone cos you needed some money and he had some, a free for all I believe it's called.

Reap what you sow, and this man is going to be a suicide case within the next 20 years, when he gets shafted after being the pawn of the man he will do himself in, he'll laugh at that now but the other one is bigger they are harder they fall, and I think he deserves it myself, a self centred abuser.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:08 am 
I've one for Mr Delta

If you have 10 hacks on a rank all with the engines turned off or ten PHC's sitting on corners with the engines also off which one is creating more pollution? and which one is causing congestion, the car on a designated spot or the one sat narrowing a public road?

btw, the war is over for me, what with the crap that wants to ride with no money, and the lack of cash flow at the end of the week I'm off asap, I've done 26 years of this, I've watched rules get bent to suit etc and I'm about burnt out with it all, I've watched my life go by and see every day as groundhog day now, time to let someone else have their mind destroyed systematically by what is clearly a land grab exercise, and I can see where it's going to end and it's going to be an uncontrollable animal that as usual the ministers won't have the balls to tackle,

I so loved listening to that woman, she typifies a woman driver, can't reverse, can't judge width and thinks it's gimme your seat time on the road (sorry Toots I'm generalising but you know I'm right about a lot of women drivers) I do hope her shares don't crash, the poor thing won't be able to live without her £400 per pair shoes will she, when are we going to get some real people to make real decisions in this country, all a silver spoon is good for is sucking all the creme off.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:22 am 
Or was she simply provoking us to give her the reasons to say what we want her to, like sniffing out the truth and gleaning ammo to show why de-reg is a bad idea, along with unchecked as such PHD's, or an office employing cars from 200 miles away,

Anyway here's where I'm heading, always wanted to have a go at it, nearly did 18 years ago and wish I had tbh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpb6-i-rrlE

I'm getting pretty good at it as well, I'm getting regular silver medals on Pro level.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:03 am 

Mr T wrote:
and then Paul from Delta came on.... saying he was only interested in market forces and what is best for the customer... and that if the customer wanted a smelly private hire a driver in an old banger that was charging 50p a mile.. then that is what they should have......

I was having a good night til I read this, what Delta need is an operator in Sefton that is prepared to take drivers at £60 per week then the more they get the cheaper it becomes, let market forces prevail :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:09 am 

Doom wrote:
If you have 10 hacks on a rank all with the engines turned off or ten PHC's sitting on corners with the engines also off which one is creating more pollution? and which one is causing congestion, the car on a designated spot or the one sat narrowing a public road?

As you allude to the emissions are the same no matter what colour plate the car has on the back.

As for your congestion thought, I think you are helping the LC prove their point.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:22 am 
Sussex wrote:
Doom wrote:

As you allude to the emissions are the same no matter what colour plate the car has on the back.

As for your congestion thought, I think you are helping the LC prove their point.

My point was ten stationary vehicles that are switched off give off the same emissions as each other, i.e NONE regardless, but one will clog roads and the other won't as no rank has ever been sited to cause a blockage unless it's over ranked on, which in turn says market forces isn't working and there is an over supply of cabs, which is probably caused by our good friend de-regulation.

I don't see how that helps the LC prove any point other than they don't know what chaos their proposals will cause.

@ Toots, I've been testing this one out myself recently, and the only way I see it working is if drivers Co op on a firm and can walk straight into market with a good number of heads to provide an instant service, and as you mentioned, I bet market forces ain't going to be his mate when it starts effecting his wages is it.