UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: why would i?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:30 pm 

i was asked today (by another operator) "have you commented on the LC thingy"

why would i?

I voted in the last election - look where that got me

seriously, why would i, and how would i?

the reply was "if only LA's comment god knows what will happen", but LA's do as they wish without my input anyway

8)

Post subject: Re: why would i?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:44 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:

Many people voted at the last election that didn't get their choice elected. Doesn't mean they failed, just that more people voted differently.

Same with the LC, if not enough folks give their view, then there is more chance their view will be binned.

Do you think it a good idea that your other half could drive you vehicle socially? Do you think all vehicles under 9 passenger seats should be licensed as taxi/PH? Are you happy with cross-border hiring? Do you want to see wedding and funeral cars licensed? Are you happy with cross-border enforcement? Do you have views on penalty points and fixed penalties?

The above are what I class as the lesser of the proposals (apart from CBH), but are you saying you have no views on them?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:02 pm 
Sussex wrote:
wannabeeahack wrote:

Many people voted at the last election that didn't get their choice elected. Doesn't mean they failed, just that more people voted differently.

Same with the LC, if not enough folks give their view, then there is more chance their view will be binned.

Do you think it a good idea that your other half could drive you vehicle socially? Do you think all vehicles under 9 passenger seats should be licensed as taxi/PH? Are you happy with cross-border hiring? Do you want to see wedding and funeral cars licensed? Are you happy with cross-border enforcement? Do you have views on penalty points and fixed penalties?

The above are what I class as the lesser of the proposals (apart from CBH), but are you saying you have no views on them?

The one thing I find interesting (not a dig btw simply an observation) for a long time you've seemed to not gaf about us Hacks and tried real hard to ruin us, now the boot is on both feet and you can see the damage someone who doesn't know can cause your tune has changed,

@ Wanna, mate you must stand up now, this isn't local elections, this is your future in the hands of the inexperienced, had one or two of them become a cabby for a year or two they could look at it objectively, they basically don't really have a clue on either side of the fence, both from a cab driver nor a punter pov, infact the lady on Pool radio the other day smacked of the non smoker who wanted smoking banned in pubs so she could go enjoy a clean drink, where is she now?, still sat at home while all the pubs are going bankrupt, this is what we have to nip in the bud, all hands to the pumps!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:15 pm 

Doom wrote:
The one thing I find interesting (not a dig btw simply an observation) for a long time you've seemed to not gaf about us Hacks and tried real hard to ruin us, now the boot is on both feet and you can see the damage someone who doesn't know can cause your tune has changed,

Strange observation.

I think people should contribute, but that doesn't mean they should only send in comments that I agree with, unless of course they want to.

I disagreed with large chunks of what you said in your thoughts, but that didn't stop me encouraging you to send them in.

And it's not about hacks verses PH, it's restrictions verses no restrictions. But that's only one question out of 73.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:23 pm 
Sussex wrote:
Doom wrote:

Strange observation.

I think people should contribute, but that doesn't mean they should only send in comments that I agree with, unless of course they want to.

I disagreed with large chunks of what you said in your thoughts, but that didn't stop me encouraging you to send them in.

And it's not about hacks verses PH, it's restrictions verses no restrictions. But that's only one question out of 73.

tbh I wanted your input on those thoughts anyway, and it's not about verses anymore, it's about both about to get royaly shafted and |I think you know that, my point was now you know what it feels like when someone you just know has limited knowledge of what they are trying to change does so, like I said it's not a dig at you and you are right to tell all to have a say, that's called being fair about it and there's nothing wrong with that, but see how your de-regulation calls have impacted on others, and now the LC is about to open your door wide open to all and you now don't understandably like it very much, that is my observation.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:01 am 

Do you think it a good idea that your other half could drive you vehicle socially? .... no - she cant drive
Do you think all vehicles under 9 passenger seats should be licensed as taxi/PH? ....yes
Are you happy with cross-border hiring? .....yes
Do you want to see wedding and funeral cars licensed?......no fussed
Are you happy with cross-border enforcement? ...... der
Do you have views on penalty points and fixed penalties?.....yes. i dont want any

im old enough to know we will get whatever the overpaid/underworked "committee" will decide, we always do

Id rather the whole HC/PH licensing be handed to VOSA. LA's are just kangaroo courts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:13 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:
Id rather the whole HC/PH licensing be handed to VOSA. LA's are just kangaroo courts

One right out of so many ain't bad I suppose.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:51 am 

wannabeeahack wrote:

Whereas I would want all the novelty dross binned off to the Traffic Commissioner.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:17 pm 

I strongly believe that the whole fragmented bag of crap (i.e. licensing by LA's) needs sweeping away, we need a standard fee, standard vehicle requirements, 1 standard badge/plate across the UK, with plates per rank for hacks if needed, and NO 100% WAV requirement for hacks, 50% is plenty

but WTF do I know

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:20 pm 

wannabeeahack wrote:

It's got you jumping :lol: