Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:41 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:50 pm 
Lets deregulate the taxis, sure lets do that,

Lets then make sure anyone driving a taxi gets a fair income as well, so here's how to do it

Minimum charge £15

Then £3 PM thereafter

So a one mile journey is £18

This way if the driver is lucky and gets 6 rides per day that just about makes it an average wage by the time deductions and tax are out of it,

I know, I know, it's stupid, but so is appointing a body of people who know squat about the workings and costs of running a taxi, whatever next the SAS reforming the nursery school industry. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:53 pm 

Doom wrote:

Lets then make sure anyone driving a taxi gets a fair income as well, so here's how to do it

Minimum charge £15

Then £3 PM thereafter

This way if the driver is lucky and gets 6 rides per day that just about makes it an average wage by the time deductions and tax are out of it,

I know, I know, it's stupid, but so is appointing a body of people who know squat about the workings and costs of running a taxi, whatever next the SAS reforming the nursery school industry. :roll:

its their deregulation....not yours :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:01 am 
captain cab wrote:
Doom wrote:

Minimum charge £15

Then £3 PM thereafter

its their deregulation....not yours :wink:

Yeah, just getting down to their level, which basically is cut the baby in half and hand half each to each woman claiming to be the mother.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:04 am 

Doom wrote:

Yeah, just getting down to their level, which basically is cut the baby in half and hand half each to each woman claiming to be the mother.

The question you got to ask, do you really think the LC give a sh*t about what we write on here?

Do you think its going to change their minds?

Do you think they're going to have nightmares?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:10 am 
captain cab wrote:
Doom wrote:

The question you got to ask, do you really think the LC give a sh*t about what we write on here?

Well when I send my picture in with my report I think you will find them become jolly nice people, willing to listen and understand,

Do you think this one is ok

Or this

:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:21 pm 

captain cab wrote:

Yes.

captain cab wrote:

No.

captain cab wrote:

No.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:19 pm 
Balls rolling, they've already had to change tact a couple of times on things, as the roadshow goes around they will get more info and be able to see how there is no need to cause misery to other's simply because they have been chosen to do so,

What you don't realise is the trade is so broken now that many people with loans around their necks will take the attitude of nothing to lose if they find themselves unable to meet finacial commitments, this could manifest in many ways,

Simple strike and protest action

Or sling the towel in and go on benefit at cost to the country

Maybe someone will have a Mr Bird moment and take out random law firms for the hell of it

Personally I think and hope common sense will prevail and they will stop listening to back door Billies like you commenting on things that are nothing to do with you (if they ever did anyway) and listen to the people who actually do the job and shoulder the cost of providing the equipment.