Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36925
Location: Wayneistan
10. Reduced number of enforceable activities

A simpler, more coherent and modern legislative framework would make the role of the enforcement officer more straightforward, and perhaps less resource intensive. This ties in with the projected fall in the number of cases reaching court.

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
Quote:
and perhaps less resource intensive


another favorite word of mine is 'perhaps' I like that cos it doesn't matter if it is 'perhaps' or 'perhaps not'. Perhaps it's just that there will be nothing left to enforce when they get rid of all but essential regulations :wink:

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36925
Location: Wayneistan
captain cab wrote:
10. Reduced number of enforceable activities

A simpler, more coherent and modern legislative framework would make the role of the enforcement officer more straightforward, and perhaps less resource intensive. This ties in with the projected fall in the number of cases reaching court.



This seems to be somewhat at odds with the rest of the stuff the LC has written.

They appear to believe that licensing officers spend their time chasing vehicles that are committing cross border hiring offences, between that and vehicles illegally plying.

Of course if they dont send enforcement officers out, it will naturally lead to a "fall in the number of cases reaching court".

If they make a previous illegal activity legal, it will create no offence - of course we could do this with all manner of laws - we'd get those prisons empty in no time - thus saving the tax payer great expense.

What the LC dont seem to think of - presumably because they havent been told - is that deregulated areas still have illegal plying - they still have completely unlicensed vehicles and touts.

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:03 pm 
Lets see what happens when all and sundry can get easy entry, wait until the rape rate goes through the roof, the LO's that will spend day after day sifting through various complaints from over charging to rudeness, should keep the police busy too with all the non passenger activity certain cabs will be undertaking,

Oh it all looks so easy and jolly doesn't it, if only those that make policy actually had any experience about what they meddle with, this is all contributing towards the end of civilisation, a world where you must not be told no and a world where in the end the most violent guy wins,

AND YOU HIGH PAID IDIOT'S MADE IT HAPPEN, WELCOME TO WATERWORLD,POSTMAN,MAD MAX WAYS OF LIFE, I HOPE YOU ENJOY EATING IT ALL UP BEFORE THE GANGS GET YOU!


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36925
Location: Wayneistan
you watch so really bad films doom :lol:

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:14 pm 
captain cab wrote:
you watch so really bad films doom :lol:



Yeah, but Hollywood is almost as good as Nostrodamus tbh

Back to the future 2

Returns to find his house is now a slum area, courthouse is a casino and society is lost,

Highlander 2

High tax,unemployment generated by meglomaniacs who hide the truth and sell something to scare,

There are two examples CC, tell me I've got it all wrong buddy, because I think we are one step away from a complete breakdown worldwide, and instead of fixing and reassuring the leaders are stuffing their pockets full of cash thinking it will save them, it won't it's paper, you can't get vitamins from paper, and it won't offer protection either, if I want your money I'll take it from you anyway, it's simple dog psychology.


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43356
Location: 1066 Country
captain cab wrote:
captain cab wrote:
10. Reduced number of enforceable activities

A simpler, more coherent and modern legislative framework would make the role of the enforcement officer more straightforward, and perhaps less resource intensive. This ties in with the projected fall in the number of cases reaching court.



This seems to be somewhat at odds with the rest of the stuff the LC has written.

They appear to believe that licensing officers spend their time chasing vehicles that are committing cross border hiring offences, between that and vehicles illegally plying.

Of course if they dont send enforcement officers out, it will naturally lead to a "fall in the number of cases reaching court".

If they make a previous illegal activity legal, it will create no offence - of course we could do this with all manner of laws - we'd get those prisons empty in no time - thus saving the tax payer great expense.

What the LC dont seem to think of - presumably because they havent been told - is that deregulated areas still have illegal plying - they still have completely unlicensed vehicles and touts.

I think they are saying fixed penalties will allow LOs to enforce the trade more efficiently.

And despite my concerns over fixed penalties, I think they are right.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36925
Location: Wayneistan
Sussex wrote:
I think they are saying fixed penalties will allow LOs to enforce the trade more efficiently.

And despite my concerns over fixed penalties, I think they are right.



I think I have to disagree, in actual fact in certain honey pot areas the job of an LO is going to increase beyond the ken of man.

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group