Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 7:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:06 pm 

Mr T has asked me to put the survey that appeared in August's PHM up on TDO.

I think it's in everyone's interest to respond to the LC report, but clearly not everyone has the time to answer all 72 questions, so maybe filling in this survey and sending it to either the NPHA or the LC direct will at least let the LC know that plenty of us do care.

Attachment:
survey LC.jpg

You will have to print it off yourself though.

Alex

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:22 pm 

Decent questionairre, but I'll be critical here.

Without studying the rationale behind the questions are we any better off than with the LC's own document?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:25 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Decent questionairre, but I'll be critical here.

Without studying the rationale behind the questions are we any better off than with the LC's own document?

I wouldn't like to be critical, because from where I'm sitting large chunks of the trade have done nothing but moan to one another. At least NPHA are trying something.

However the survey is akin to a glorified petition, and that's not going to help one little bit.

The LC need opinions backed up by substance, not by ticks in boxes. But the above survey is better than nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:30 pm 

If it were to be sent back to the LC..For who's attention and to what address would we send it to?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:35 pm 

bloodnock wrote:
If it were to be sent back to the LC..For who's attention and to what address would we send it to?

Please send responses either by email to tph@lawcommission.gsi.gov.uk or by post to Public Law Team (Taxi and Private Hire), Law Commission, Steel House, 11 Tothill Street, London SW1H 9LJ. If you send your comments by post, it would be helpful if, where possible, you could also send them electronically (in any commonly used format).

This consultation relates to our Taxi and Private Hire Services project.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:36 pm 

Quote:
it would be helpful if, where possible, you could also send them electronically (in any commonly used format).

Naaa, I'll do mine on paper in my native language :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:38 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Quote:
it would be helpful if, where possible, you could also send them electronically (in any commonly used format).

Parchment is a bugger to file compared to paper, and would that be Scots or Irish Gaelic?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:49 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:
captain cab wrote:
Quote:

Parchment is a bugger to file compared to paper, and would that be Scots or Irish Gaelic?

Irish. :lol:

may come in hand for a future time

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:51 pm 

You see the thing with this... is that.... you can download it... you might want to alter it.. you can then print it.... hand it out to other drivers.... get them to fill it in.... give it back you.... and then send them off in a big brown envelope to the Law Society....

oh and by the way... on the top make sure you write... I wish to register my reply to the Law Commission .... you should get a nice letter back :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:55 pm 

MR T wrote:
You see the thing with this... is that.... you can download it... you might want to alter it.. you can then print it.... hand it out to other drivers.... get them to fill it in.... give it back you.... and then send them off in a big brown envelope to the Law Society....

oh and by the way... on the top make sure you write... I wish to register my reply to the Law Society.... you should get a nice letter back :D

Law Commission surely :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:00 am 

captain cab wrote:
MR T wrote:

oh and by the way... on the top make sure you write... I wish to register my reply to the Law Commission .... you should get a nice letter back :D

Law Commission surely :wink:

That will Do :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:05 am 

MR T wrote:

Download it from where...the one shown above is not downloadable :?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:16 am 

Right click on it then copy, then paste into word or even windows paint.

Press print and Robert is the brother of one of your parents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:27 am 

Chris the Fish wrote:
Right click on it then copy, then paste into word or even windows paint.

Press print and Robert is the brother of one of your parents.
There you go... teamwork.... the trade still has a chance =D>

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:05 am 

bloodnock wrote:
MR T wrote:

Download it from where...the one shown above is not downloadable :?

I have the 'Summary Questionnaire' form as a PDF format.

Email me at brummiecabbie@hotmail.co.uk and you'll have it emailed back to you as an attachment when I'm next at my computer.

Alternatively, email karen.npha@btconnect.com or npha@btconnect.com requesting the Law Commission 'Summary Questionnaire' in PDF format and they'll email it back to you.

I'll call them today to warn them of a barrage of requests for the questionnaire.

You can then email the PDF onto others as I have done and have sent it to over 70 PH and HC operators to date.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.