Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:58 pm 

I spoke to the LC this week and they are now predicting a final total of some 2,200 responses to this consultation and I was told that the previous record for responses to any consultation was circa 350.

The trades must be doing something right then, but with that many responses the LC might be well confused with all the different views and opinions in the trades nationally.

And if they are confused, does that mean we will get confusing legislation?

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:05 pm 

The question is is that good news or bad news? :?

However that's for another day, today I wish to comment on the survey undertaken by PHM, which I suspect account for over a third of the total submissions.

http://www.phtm.co.uk/newspaper.asp pages 8,9,10,11 and 12.

Why did those behind PHM change the questions asked by the LC? Will the LC take notice of answers to questions they didn't propose?

And finally I would like to comment that that survey has mugged off the pro restricting taxi trade big time. :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:33 pm 

Sussex wrote:
And finally I would like to comment that that survey has mugged off the pro restricting taxi trade big time. :shock:

How do you work that out?

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:02 pm 

Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Sussex wrote:

You have a survey which comes out at, roughly, 80% pro quotas 20% anti.

Next question is along the lines of would you want quotas gradually phased out or not.

Again roughly, 75% say yes 25% say no.

If ever a question was a leading one, that one fits the bill.

And it appears many mugs have fallen for it. :-k

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:09 pm 

Sussex wrote:
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
Sussex wrote:

You have a survey which comes out at, roughly, 80% pro quotas 20% anti.

Next question is along the lines of would you want quotas gradually phased out or not.

Again roughly, 75% say yes 25% say no.

If ever a question was a leading one, that one fits the bill.

And it appears many mugs have fallen for it. :-k

That is simple to explain, as the PH outnumbers the Hackney on a 1/3 ratio in many places and all PHD's would naturally want restriction's dropped you have your 75/25% ratio, it doesn't mean more want and less don't, it just mean's one football team had 33 players on the field while the other only had 11, best way is as it is, a council restricts unless it feels it needs more, a good council would then switch to measured growth rather than open door, I drive PH and I don't want to see things change, if you unbalance a boat all get wet and the only people who will want open door is those that enslave driver as it mean's they have another option to offer to potential employees, imagine Addison Lee with the ability to rank, what would London look like overnight, no thanks from me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:57 pm 
[/quote]That is simple to explain, as the PH outnumbers the Hackney on a 1/3 ratio in many places and all PHD's would naturally want restriction's dropped you have your 75/25% ratio, it doesn't mean more want and less don't, it just mean's one football team had 33 players on the field while the other only had 11, best way is as it is, a council restricts unless it feels it needs more, a good council would then switch to measured growth rather than open door, I drive PH and I don't want to see things change, if you unbalance a boat all get wet and the only people who will want open door is those that enslave driver as it mean's they have another option to offer to potential employees, imagine Addison Lee with the ability to rank, what would London look like overnight, no thanks from me.[/quote]

Nicely put Tico, I couldn't have sum'd it up better myself =D> :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 am 

Quote:
That is simple to explain, as the PH outnumbers the Hackney on a 1/3 ratio in many places and all PHD's would naturally want restriction's dropped you have your 75/25% ratio, it doesn't mean more want and less don't, it just mean's one football team had 33 players on the field while the other only had 11, best way is as it is, a council restricts unless it feels it needs more, a good council would then switch to measured growth rather than open door, I drive PH and I don't want to see things change, if you unbalance a boat all get wet and the only people who will want open door is those that enslave driver as it mean's they have another option to offer to potential employees, imagine Addison Lee with the ability to rank, what would London look like overnight, no thanks from me.

And here's me thinking that London was delimited already.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:26 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpGdLsG87qo

:shock: