Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 4:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Can
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:15 pm 

Sussex wrote:
towag wrote:
So you would be happy to see all the PH turn up to get on the ranks then......?

If the PH wish to convert to taxi then why shouldn't they turn up on the ranks? :?

Because theres no feckin room , simple :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:30 pm 

Sussex wrote:
towag wrote:

If the PH wish to convert to taxi then why shouldn't they turn up on the ranks? :?

Methinks Sussex is a wind up merchant???? :doubt:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:04 pm 

towag wrote:
Sussex wrote:
towag wrote:

Methinks Sussex is a wind up merchant???? :doubt:

No he really is that delusional, someone akin to a tory polatician, as in tells you its for the good of everybody but really wants more for himself :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:19 pm 

blackpool wrote:
No he really is that delusional, someone akin to a tory polatician, as in tells you its for the good of everybody but really wants more for himself :roll:

What I'm saying is that should be down to the individual to decide what's better for him, not the likes of you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:21 pm 

Oooooo :roll: Aren't we a bit sensitive as well???

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:24 pm 

towag wrote:

Not at all, but when you have said something a 1000+ times it's maybe best to be more direct.

Look if you think you know best for everyone, then fine, but I feel the best person to decide what's best for them is them.

And other than being a 'fit and proper' person I can't see why people can't have their own cabs if they want them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:46 pm 

Sussex wrote:
towag wrote:

Not at all, but when you have said something a 1000+ times it's maybe best to be more direct.

Look if you think you know best for everyone, then fine, but I feel the best person to decide what's best for them is them.

And other than being a 'fit and proper' person I can't see why people can't have their own cabs if they want them.

I don't think it would be good for the trade generally to be one tier..... There just wouldn't be enough rank space. Here are over prescribed with too many cabs as it is, and I would hazard a guess it's the same your way to. Here we have 130 Hackneys, 220 PH and hardly enough work to keep them going which means most are working silly hours for very little..... I suspect maybe you don't have that problem, hence the delusion blackpool suggests...? Is it restricted where you are?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:48 am 

Sussex wrote:
towag wrote:

Why do you always assume that if all vehicles became taxis that the ex ph would want to sit on a rank :? I think you'd find the same faces sitting on the ranks and the ex ph doing the phone work as they always have, difference being if they get flagged down they can take it :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:53 am 

Quote:
Can

Can?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVIXraaqXPU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:01 am 

towag wrote:
I don't think it would be good for the trade generally to be one tier..... There just wouldn't be enough rank space.

So you are deciding for others then?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:02 am 

toots wrote:
Why do you always assume that if all vehicles became taxis that the ex ph would want to sit on a rank :? I think you'd find the same faces sitting on the ranks and the ex ph doing the phone work as they always have, difference being if they get flagged down they can take it :D

I don't, never have done.

It's the others who are, I'm just saying the world wont end if they did.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:19 am 

Sussex, You didn'y answer the full post and no I'm not deciding for others, just saying it will not work period.....As the laws stand here they would all have to be WAVs ..... :roll: No authority, (well this one) is actually duty bound to provide rank space as far as I'm aware..... CC might know about this?......

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:27 am 

Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:

But a hackneys earnings would,as ive asked you before where would the extra jobs come from ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:03 pm 

towag wrote:
Sussex, You didn'y answer the full post and no I'm not deciding for others, just saying it will not work period.....As the laws stand here they would all have to be WAVs ..... :roll: No authority, (well this one) is actually duty bound to provide rank space as far as I'm aware..... CC might know about this?......

As the law stands it's a 2 tier system, so who's to say the need for 100% WAVs won't change as well?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:10 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:

But a hackneys earnings would,as ive asked you before where would the extra jobs come from ?

Telephone system, cirucuits, apps, advertising etc etc. The world does not begin and end on a rank (as you say). The rank may well be your preferred method of obtaining work but sometimes things change and we have to change with them :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next