Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Can
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:51 pm 

Can anyone confirm what I heard at a meeting on Monday, That the law commision is again thinking of a one tear.

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

Post subject: Re: Can
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:20 pm 

charles007 wrote:
Can anyone confirm what I heard at a meeting on Monday, That the law commision is again thinking of a one tear.

They prefer two, or multi-tiers.

That said the issue, to many in the trade, isn't about the amount of tiers, more allowing one of them to be restricted or not.

Tell me who said the LC are back to one tier? Cos I would like to pack them on the back. :D

A view not universally shared. :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:11 pm 

I think there will be many tears :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:49 pm 

Can't see it.... There won't be enough space if private hire can rank which means disaster for the whole trade except those who can survive on £1 an hour..... Or we all become PH which means I can retire early and go on benefits ...... :) :) :)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:27 am 

towag wrote:
Can't see it.... There won't be enough space if private hire can rank which means disaster for the whole trade except those who can survive on £1 an hour..... Or we all become PH which means I can retire early and go on benefits ...... :) :) :)

Where do you think PH go between jobs?

Do they disappear into the ether?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:25 am 

Sussex wrote:
towag wrote:

Where do you think PH go between jobs?

Do they disappear into the ether?

No, they rank up somewhere either at a coach station or car park waiting for work.... Or pinch jobs off taxi ranks when they are empty, which rarely happens these days..... Loiter outside nightclubs pretending they are waiting for their pre booked fare, then picking up anyone who happens to come out..... The good ones want to be hacks, but don't want to do wheelchair bound people or buy WAV's so wait for a saloon plate to come up for sale..... :roll:
So I assume you're a hack who is up for more rank space, which we will not get and wants to be a PH..... :doubt: ?
Is that's what you really want Sussex....?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:51 pm 

towag wrote:
No, they rank up somewhere either at a coach station or car park waiting for work.... Or pinch jobs off taxi ranks when they are empty, which rarely happens these days..... Loiter outside nightclubs pretending they are waiting for their pre booked fare, then picking up anyone who happens to come out..... The good ones want to be hacks, but don't want to do wheelchair bound people or buy WAV's so wait for a saloon plate to come up for sale..... :roll:
So I assume you're a hack who is up for more rank space, which we will not get and wants to be a PH..... :doubt: ?
Is that's what you really want Sussex....?

What I want really doesn't come into it.

You made a point that current ranks can't, or couldn't, cope with a mass influx of newly converted PH. I don't doubt that.

However PH currently sit somewhere, be that your empty ranks, your coach stations, your car parks. If those PH parking spots were made official ranks, then they would cope with the newly converted influx.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:08 pm 

All those backstreet parking spaces for minicabs bexome ranks ? Sussex there not going to want to go and work the busy ranks are they ? Cuckoo land mate as i think you know :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:40 pm 

blackpool wrote:
All those backstreet parking spaces for minicabs bexome ranks ? Sussex there not going to want to go and work the busy ranks are they ? Cuckoo land mate as i think you know :roll:

I think cuckoo land is where he dwells :doubt:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:00 pm 

blackpool wrote:
Sussex there not going to want to go and work the busy ranks are they ? Cuckoo land mate as i think you know :roll:

They might want to go on the busy ranks, and why shouldn't they?

However if there is no room for them then they will have to go on the quieter ranks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:13 pm 

Sussex wrote:
blackpool wrote:
Sussex there not going to want to go and work the busy ranks are they ? Cuckoo land mate as i think you know :roll:

However if there is no room for them then they will have to go on the quieter ranks.

Only where you are it seems....... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:04 pm 

Sussex wrote:
blackpool wrote:

Because as ive been saying there is no busy ranks,but town centres are the only place to sit so theres not enough work/rank space for more taxis.You still cant grasp that allowing ph to pick up/rank ,where all the extra work will come from ? :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:45 pm 

blackpool wrote:
You still cant grasp that allowing ph to pick up/rank ,where all the extra work will come from ? :roll:

I don't give a stuff where this work comes from, if indeed it does come.

My view is that one side of the trade shouldn't have a monopoly on work.

But the issue we are discussing is rank space, not custom. I'm saying (ex) PH can sit where they do at present, having made those spaces official.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:56 pm 

Sussex wrote:
blackpool wrote:
You still cant grasp that allowing ph to pick up/rank ,where all the extra work will come from ? :roll:

I don't give a stuff where this work comes from, if indeed it does come.

My view is that one side of the trade shouldn't have a monopoly on work.

But the issue we are discussing is rank space, not custom. I'm saying (ex) PH can sit where they do at present, having made those spaces official.

So you would be happy to see all the PH turn up to get on the ranks then......? Bearing in mind that most towns have far more PH than Hackney, you would be happy to see the demise of Hackney and all become PH..... I suppose if you have a saloon, which is more than likely, then it wouldn't make much difference to you...?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:04 pm 

towag wrote:
So you would be happy to see all the PH turn up to get on the ranks then......?

If the PH wish to convert to taxi then why shouldn't they turn up on the ranks? :?