Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:39 am 

gusmac wrote:
What's so odious or draconian about writing bookings in a small notebook?

Hardly going to put anyone out of business. :?

Wont affect us anyway I guess Gus....the Holyroodites will have something even more kneejerk and threatening up their trouser leg to make us north of the Border suffer even more. :?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:50 am 

I think people are heartened, though we need to keep up the momentum in terms of fighting for the trade structure we want rather than sitting back now.

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:45 pm 

charles007 wrote:
I think people are heartened, though we need to keep up the momentum in terms of fighting for the trade structure we want rather than sitting back now.

Since the U-turn from the LC re taxi quotas the taxi trade in many restricted areas are sitting on their bums, feet up smoking a big fat cigar.

The one issue taxi trade in restricted areas will never change.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:24 pm 

Sussex wrote:
charles007 wrote:

Since the U-turn from the LC re taxi quotas the taxi trade in many restricted areas are sitting on their bums, feet up smoking a big fat cigar.

The one issue taxi trade in restricted areas will never change.

Sounds like a regular day,driving a taxi here :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:00 pm 

No ones sat on there bums mate, if anything you'll find that more and more areas will start to restrict again, the next target should be these so called out of town hackneys pretending to be PH in next mans area.

By the way how does your mate dusty feel? After all he was the one campaigning for a level playing field? Not heard a peep from him..

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:03 pm 

Sussex too could have been resting on his bum, had he kept his free plate.

How much is a Brighton plate these days?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:07 pm 

187ums wrote:
No ones sat on there bums mate, if anything you'll find that more and more areas will start to restrict again, the next target should be these so called out of town hackneys pretending to be PH in next mans area.

By the way how does your mate dusty feel? After all he was the one campaigning for a level playing field? Not heard a peep from him..

As I've said before and will continue to say, the biggest threat to taxis are not taxis from other areas pretending to be ph but indeed the private hire within and outwith their areas, especially if the cross border issue is as suggested.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:54 pm 

the biggest threat to the taxi trade is the taxi trade - in general they're a bunch of morons.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:08 am 

captain cab wrote:
the biggest threat to the taxi trade is the taxi trade - in general they're a bunch of morons.

That's mild for you :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:43 am 

toots wrote:
captain cab wrote:

That's mild for you :lol: :lol:

I'm retaking my pills :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:01 am 

187ums wrote:
Sussex too could have been resting on his bum, had he kept his free plate.

How much is a Brighton plate these days?

About £40,000 to £45,000.

How about Oxford?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:53 am 

Sorry I have no idea as one hasn't changed hands recently, since all this uncertainty the LC has bought in to the trade.

You seeing as the LC has said that they will look to stop plate transfers, thus removing the plate premium, there's no value currently!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:25 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21966

I wonder if this is the sort of thing the LC was thinking about when it thought of a 'free market' and open borders, with low national standards (because lets be honest they won't high), let Joe Le Taxi compete against £111bn company. That is around 3 times more financial clout than Tesco's had against the corner shop :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:22 am 

toots wrote:
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21966

I wonder if this is the sort of thing the LC was thinking about when it thought of a 'free market' and open borders, with low national standards (because lets be honest they won't high), let Joe Le Taxi compete against £111bn company. That is around 3 times more financial clout than Tesco's had against the corner shop :wink:

I love the way we are cited examples of council stupidity - a little one man band unable to pick up a few yards across a district border and suchlike........of course this distraction keeps people's eyes off the monster that is hiding round the corner :sad:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:00 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
captain cab wrote:

No not morons just won't take a serious interest in their futures until it is too late

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next