Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:02 pm 

toots wrote:

I'm not a great fan of unions as you know, but, they have their uses. The NVQ is no longer part of our requirement here as there is no funding for it, but, the Btec/VRQ is, that is considerably cheaper than the NVQ and only completed by new drivers prior to licence. I've always felt the Btec/VRQ was better value for money and considerably cheaper. I also think that if taught correctly is a really useful course.

good - so you'll be able to tell me all about the stats before the course came into being about all the bad offences drivers used to commit - and the improvement rate now they all know what they're doing then?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:10 pm 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

I'm not a great fan of unions as you know, but, they have their uses. The NVQ is no longer part of our requirement here as there is no funding for it, but, the Btec/VRQ is, that is considerably cheaper than the NVQ and only completed by new drivers prior to licence. I've always felt the Btec/VRQ was better value for money and considerably cheaper. I also think that if taught correctly is a really useful course.

good - so you'll be able to tell me all about the stats before the course came into being about all the bad offences drivers used to commit - and the improvement rate now they all know what they're doing then?

Don't be silly I'd ask you for that information if it was available anyway ffs :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:14 pm 

toots wrote:

Don't be silly I'd ask you for that information if it was available anyway ffs :lol:

Excellent :lol: I'd make it up Image

But its nice to know - based on no evidence whatsoever - you're all quite prepared to give a union thousands of pounds :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:28 pm 

Captain Cab wrote:
But its nice to know - based on no evidence whatsoever - you're all quite prepared to give a union thousands of pounds

What union and why would I give them thousands of pounds :?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:34 pm 

toots wrote:
Captain Cab wrote:
But its nice to know - based on no evidence whatsoever - you're all quite prepared to give a union thousands of pounds

Those unions that do training courses I guess - and it wasn't thousands of your own personal pounds I was meaning - it was through public subsidy of training schemes and when that ends (and it will the minute the courses become mandatory) the tranche's of drivers who begin.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:46 pm 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:
Captain Cab wrote:

Those unions that do training courses I guess - and it wasn't thousands of your own personal pounds I was meaning - it was through public subsidy of training schemes and when that ends (and it will the minute the courses become mandatory) the tranche's of drivers who begin.

Much of the funding has already ceased, at least for the NVQ, hence our councils decision to require only the Btec/VRQ which only costs a couple of hundred pounds if that. It is hardly something that is going to create a tranche. If one is concerned about the tranche's for drivers then one should be looking at the methods some companies use when bringing in foreign drivers :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:55 pm 

toots wrote:
Much of the funding has already ceased, at least for the NVQ, hence our councils decision to require only the Btec/VRQ which only costs a couple of hundred pounds if that. It is hardly something that is going to create a tranche. If one is concerned about the tranche's for drivers then one should be looking at the methods some companies use when bringing in foreign drivers :wink:

If you read the hysterical thoughts of some in this thread companies are the least of our worries - these foreign hordes are currently now conspiring to take all our social housing - take all our benefits - make minicab millionaires richer - rape all our passengers and give them aids - get all of our passengers lost - make our winters a lot worse - bring their foreign language to this country and make our councils and hospitals and dentists and doctors all get interpreters at our expense - I could go on but I don't read the daily mail.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:07 pm 

Captain Cab wrote:
I could go on but I don't read the daily mail

TFFT :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:31 pm 

when you look at the requirements beening suggested for the private hire companies.. the fact that they would be more answerable. makes me wonder what other government agencies might have their hand in putting together this Act....
let's say that the companies have to quote the customer for their journey... and that it is on record, let's say the companies have to provide the drivers with a print-out each year of the work they have been supplied with...... let's say. this becomes the foundation of their tax return...... for every action there is a reaction... new laws bring greater powers..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:47 pm 

Does any one have a link for the PH requirements ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:44 pm 

187ums wrote:
Does any one have a link for the PH requirements ?

There isn't one, as the law isn't in place and the Sec of State hasn't consulted on them. So we might find out within the next 12 months what they might be.

It's also worth remembering the standard PH requirements will also be the standard taxi requirements.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:19 am 

The Law Commission certainly did consult PH companies and operators. I attended a meeting with them courtesy of the LPHCA on the Hispaniola in London last September and gave my points of view.

As for PH companies keeping records, why is it everyone assumes a PH operator is a large company; don't forget in rural areas there's thousands of us who operate one or two cars and bookings are usually taken on the road by mobile phone. How are we supposed to provide print-outs, of what?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:44 am 

roythebus wrote:

As for PH companies keeping records, why is it everyone assumes a PH operator is a large company; don't forget in rural areas there's thousands of us who operate one or two cars and bookings are usually taken on the road by mobile phone. How are we supposed to provide print-outs, of what?

Tricky one this - but I'd suggest keeping a book :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:01 am 

roythebus wrote:
The Law Commission certainly did consult PH companies and operators. I attended a meeting with them courtesy of the LPHCA on the Hispaniola in London last September and gave my points of view.

They should create certain Exemptions for small owner operators, to much burdensome beaurocracy will kill of the struggling small guy who may well serve an area where the big guys are not interested in, this might for example lead to a lot of rural areas covered by no PH providers and certainly no Taxis. That'll leave a lot of people with no transport options available to them.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:28 am 

What's so odious or draconian about writing bookings in a small notebook?

Hardly going to put anyone out of business. :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next