Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:07 am
Posts: 2538
Location: Hampshire (HC)
Sorry to ask this, but I've lost track of what's happening with bills, legislation, reports, proposals, et al.

Would someone be king enough to briefly summarise what is happening, please?

Many thanks! :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:58 pm
Posts: 3136
Location: Plymouth
How far do we have to back, what I mean is, when did you lose track?

To be honest, read this forum and you will be up to date as all of us.

Law Commission will publish proposed bill the day after Local and Euro Elections - so publication will be 23 May 2014.

Government added 3 parts of what the LC may or may not publish, to the current deregulation bill.

Many are lobbying MP's and Lords to get them binned until the whole of what the LC say can be debated properly.

Hope that helps.

_________________
Chris The Fish

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43741
Location: 1066 Country
cabbyman wrote:
Sorry to ask this, but I've lost track of what's happening with bills, legislation, reports, proposals, et al.

Would someone be king enough to briefly summarise what is happening, please?

Many thanks! :)

The Deregulation Bill with the three, maybe four Taxi & PH sections will proceed to an Act later this year. With or without the taxi and ph sections.

The Law Commission's will be producing another report after the May Euro elections, with a Bill and Act to come about after the 2015 General election.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:24 pm
Posts: 6692
Sussex wrote:
cabbyman wrote:
Sorry to ask this, but I've lost track of what's happening with bills, legislation, reports, proposals, et al.

Would someone be king enough to briefly summarise what is happening, please?

Many thanks! :)

The Deregulation Bill with the three, maybe four Taxi & PH sections will proceed to an Act later this year. With or without the taxi and ph sections.

The Law Commission's will be producing another report after the May Euro elections, with a Bill and Act to come about after the 2015 General election.


Which means it wont happen the Unions will lean heavily on Milibland there will be much agg and it will run and run time for you lot to get ORGANISED BETWEEN THE DIFFERENT SECTIONS HACK..........PH AND CHAUFF and construct something workable for ALL..............or else get thoroughly SHAFTED :badgrin:

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36925
Location: Wayneistan
trotskys twin wrote:

or else get thoroughly SHAFTED :badgrin:


reading the tory / lib dem response, I think getting sh&fted is more or less assured :sad:

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43741
Location: 1066 Country
trotskys twin wrote:
Which means it wont happen the Unions will lean heavily on Milibland there will be much agg and it will run and run time for you lot to get ORGANISED BETWEEN THE DIFFERENT SECTIONS HACK..........PH AND CHAUFF and construct something workable for ALL..............or else get thoroughly SHAFTED :badgrin:

What is being proposed by the Dereg Bill is what happens in London now.

Will Miliband repeal the London Act too?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36925
Location: Wayneistan
Sussex wrote:
What is being proposed by the Dereg Bill is what happens in London now.



Yeah the provincial trade should model itself on London, I mean there's nothing iffy there :lol:

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43741
Location: 1066 Country
captain cab wrote:
Yeah the provincial trade should model itself on London, I mean there's nothing iffy there :lol:

My point is Mr TT is bemoaning something he helped set up.

Should we follow London, not in a million years, but those opposed to the taxi & PH sections in the Dereg Bill need to show why London isn't the beacon we should all aspire too.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:24 pm
Posts: 6692
Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:
Yeah the provincial trade should model itself on London, I mean there's nothing iffy there :lol:

My point is Mr TT is bemoaning something he helped set up.

Should we follow London, not in a million years, but those opposed to the taxi & PH sections in the Dereg Bill need to show why London isn't the beacon we should all aspire too.

So i did but of course from a purely PH point of view and despite my efforts to involve the hack orgs in agreeing a co=ordinated agreement they refused to meet with us so they lost out MUGS..................by the way it could have been a lot worse.............but of course i accept that outside London there is a lack of trade co-ordination..........which is my point....................get together and attempt some agreement..................the mom meetings were a good initiative =D> ............there needs to be more of that sort of activity in my opinion :D If there is a change of Government you might get a second chance........dont scorn it!

_________________
All posts by this contributor are made in a strictly personal capacity and as such should not be associated with any organisation whatsoever!

I AM PROUD TO BE A CITIZEN NOBODY'S SUBJECT http://www.republic.org.uK

VOTE CORBYN!!

JOIN A UNION


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:07 am
Posts: 2538
Location: Hampshire (HC)
Thanks chaps!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group