Taxi Driver Online
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/

deregulation bill ammendment 61
http://www.taxi-driver.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24611
Page 3 of 3

Author:  captain cab [ Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: deregulation bill ammendment 61

Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:
Are you suggesting the government don't know about the issues surrounding out of town hackney carriages and the problems councils have with funding licensing departments after the hemmings judgement?

I mean if you were its almost as if the government weren't made aware of the issues by the lady who has now been moved and the likes of the minister who was told first hand - thought we were telling fibs

But none of that really applies to the Dereg Bill, it's a discussion to be had with the Law Commission.


I'm not saying it does apply, they to be are issues of far more importance to solve than what the deregulation bill addresses.

I imagine minicab spivs will be rejoicing at the thought of enlarging their empires - "cant afford a 3 year old PHV? no worries go to Hicksville in the mountains and license your 10 year old car and come back and see me."

Author:  Chris the Fish [ Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: deregulation bill ammendment 61

It is too late to discuss anything with the Law Commission. The report is done, the Draft Bill makes up part of it. The "Cab Act 201?" will need to be discussed with the MP's (when it is known who they are, post the next election).

It is too late to Lobby MP's on the deregulation bill, time to Lobby the Lords.

I just hope that amendments tabled in that House will carry and protect my customers.

Author:  grandad [ Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: deregulation bill ammendment 61

Chris the Fish wrote:

I just hope that amendments tabled in that House will carry and protect my customers.

If they are your customers, who do they need protection from? You?

Author:  Sussex [ Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: deregulation bill ammendment 61

captain cab wrote:
I'm not saying it does apply, they to be are issues of far more importance to solve than what the deregulation bill addresses.

I think you need to pass on those comments to those that have spent the last year going on about it.

Author:  Sussex [ Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: deregulation bill ammendment 61

Chris the Fish wrote:
I just hope that amendments tabled in that House will carry and protect my customers.

From whom?

Your customers are as vulnerable today as they will be tomorrow, as they will be post dereg bill. Nothing is changing.

If an unlicensed driver is going to attack a punter in a licensed vehicle, he isn't going to wait until the dereg bill is enacted to do so.

Author:  toots [ Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: deregulation bill ammendment 61

Sussex wrote:
Chris the Fish wrote:
I just hope that amendments tabled in that House will carry and protect my customers.

From whom?

Your customers are as vulnerable today as they will be tomorrow, as they will be post dereg bill. Nothing is changing.

If an unlicensed driver is going to attack a punter in a licensed vehicle, he isn't going to wait until the dereg bill is enacted to do so.


Currently most licensed drivers won't allow unlicensed drivers to drive their vehicles because it is illegal. Once it becomes legal all manner of unlicensed drivers will be allowed to drive licensed vehicles. People will feel safe getting into the vehicles because they have all plates, door signs etc that go with licensed vehicles, if you can't see the door that's being opened to undesirable people having access to licensed vehicles you better get to Specsavers :lol:

Author:  grandad [ Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: deregulation bill ammendment 61

toots wrote:
Sussex wrote:
Chris the Fish wrote:
I just hope that amendments tabled in that House will carry and protect my customers.

From whom?

Your customers are as vulnerable today as they will be tomorrow, as they will be post dereg bill. Nothing is changing.

If an unlicensed driver is going to attack a punter in a licensed vehicle, he isn't going to wait until the dereg bill is enacted to do so.


Currently most licensed drivers won't allow unlicensed drivers to drive their vehicles because it is illegal. Once it becomes legal all manner of unlicensed drivers will be allowed to drive licensed vehicles. People will feel safe getting into the vehicles because they have all plates, door signs etc that go with licensed vehicles, if you can't see the door that's being opened to undesirable people having access to licensed vehicles you better get to Specsavers :lol:

I would like to think that the insurance issue may stop just anyone from driving a PH car. My policy allows for any badged drivers to drive. I would expect that any un badged driver who may be permitted to drive will have to be a named driver. You don't see many SDP policies these days that are any driver.

Author:  matty86 [ Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:26 am ]
Post subject:  Re: deregulation bill ammendment 61

Quote:
I would like to think that the insurance issue may stop just anyone from driving a PH car. My policy allows for any badged drivers to drive. I would expect that any un badged driver who may be permitted to drive will have to be a named driver. You don't see many SDP policies these days that are any driver.



What about people who have there own insurance? on a different car that states they can drive any vehicle with the owners permission which i have on my insurance? then they wont need to be a named driver on the licensed taxi insurance

Author:  grandad [ Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:10 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: deregulation bill ammendment 61

matty86 wrote:
Quote:
I would like to think that the insurance issue may stop just anyone from driving a PH car. My policy allows for any badged drivers to drive. I would expect that any un badged driver who may be permitted to drive will have to be a named driver. You don't see many SDP policies these days that are any driver.



What about people who have there own insurance? on a different car that states they can drive any vehicle with the owners permission which i have on my insurance? then they wont need to be a named driver on the licensed taxi insurance

That is usually 3rd party only. Who in their right mind will allow their means of earning a living into the hands of someone with only 3rd party insurance. Oh and get it right it is only private hire vehicles. Taxis are not included.

Author:  matty86 [ Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: deregulation bill ammendment 61

grandad wrote:
matty86 wrote:
Quote:
I would like to think that the insurance issue may stop just anyone from driving a PH car. My policy allows for any badged drivers to drive. I would expect that any un badged driver who may be permitted to drive will have to be a named driver. You don't see many SDP policies these days that are any driver.



What about people who have there own insurance? on a different car that states they can drive any vehicle with the owners permission which i have on my insurance? then they wont need to be a named driver on the licensed taxi insurance

That is usually 3rd party only. Who in their right mind will allow their means of earning a living into the hands of someone with only 3rd party insurance. Oh and get it right it is only private hire vehicles. Taxis are not included.



Some will take the risk no doubt

Author:  grandad [ Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: deregulation bill ammendment 61

matty86 wrote:
grandad wrote:
matty86 wrote:


What about people who have there own insurance? on a different car that states they can drive any vehicle with the owners permission which i have on my insurance? then they wont need to be a named driver on the licensed taxi insurance

That is usually 3rd party only. Who in their right mind will allow their means of earning a living into the hands of someone with only 3rd party insurance. Oh and get it right it is only private hire vehicles. Taxis are not included.



Some will take the risk no doubt

No doubt they would be the ones that already do it.

Author:  toots [ Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: deregulation bill ammendment 61

Grandad wrote:
I would like to think that the insurance issue may stop just anyone from driving a PH car. My policy allows for any badged drivers to drive. I would expect that any un badged driver who may be permitted to drive will have to be a named driver. You don't see many SDP policies these days that are any driver.


I would like to think that when I wake up tomorrow I'll be a millionaire but for that to happen some things are going to have to change and mark my words insurance policies will change to suit the market. You don't see policies allowing unlicensed drivers to drive licensed vehicles at the moment because unlicensed drivers are not allowed to drive licensed vehicles.

Author:  grandad [ Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: deregulation bill ammendment 61

toots wrote:
Grandad wrote:
I would like to think that the insurance issue may stop just anyone from driving a PH car. My policy allows for any badged drivers to drive. I would expect that any un badged driver who may be permitted to drive will have to be a named driver. You don't see many SDP policies these days that are any driver.


I would like to think that when I wake up tomorrow I'll be a millionaire but for that to happen some things are going to have to change and mark my words insurance policies will change to suit the market. You don't see policies allowing unlicensed drivers to drive licensed vehicles at the moment because unlicensed drivers are not allowed to drive licensed vehicles.

Unlicensed drivers are permitted in London. I think if they change the policies it will be to allow licensed drivers and NAMED drivers. they may even stipulate that they can only be a spouse or partner.
I am certainly not going to worry about it until I know for certain what is going to happen.

Page 3 of 3 All times are UTC - 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/