Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:47 pm 

grandad wrote:
all the drivers and operators here seem to be in favour of the changes.

I'm sure all the operators are until somebody turns up with a super cheap app and offers to bid for school runs on drivers behalf instead of having to work through an operator :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:00 am 

toots wrote:

I'm sure all the operators are until somebody turns up with a super cheap app and offers to bid for school runs on drivers behalf instead of having to work through an operator :wink:

OMG - you think these large internet based firms are actually knowledgeable about the millions spent across the country on school transport??????

ffs

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:12 am 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

OMG - you think these large internet based firms are actually knowledgeable about the millions spent across the country on school transport??????

ffs

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't be the only one that read that some 4.5 million is spent by our council in providing transport for schools, elderly people and getting the unemployed to interviews, job clubs etc and we still have poor taxi drivers :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am 

toots wrote:
we still have poor taxi drivers :roll:

but well off ops

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:40 am 

captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

but well off ops

Of course. Nobody, not even dairies, skim as well as ph operators :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:34 am 

toots wrote:
captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

but well off ops

Of course. Nobody, not even dairies, skim as well as ph operators :lol:

And I thought that work could only be passed from one operator to another operator under the proposals.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:36 am 

So what is the gripe with the proposal to make it standard for a 3 year drivers license and a five year operators license? Both of these are allowed under the current legislation on some councils prefer to do a 1 year drivers license and a 2 year operators license.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:30 am 

grandad wrote:
So what is the gripe with the proposal to make it standard for a 3 year drivers license and a five year operators license? Both of these are allowed under the current legislation on some councils prefer to do a 1 year drivers license and a 2 year operators license.

because that is a choice a council makes - they are not forced to issue three year licenses or five year licenses

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:37 am 

grandad wrote:

Providing all the 'fit and proper' drivers are actually 'fit and proper' as well as honest enough to let the council know whenever they do anything wrong, nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:43 am 

Grandad wrote:
And I thought that work could only be passed from one operator to another operator under the proposals

I think you missed my point, especially in areas where the majority of drivers are taxi drivers and not ph drivers :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:00 am 

captain cab wrote:
grandad wrote:

because that is a choice a council makes - they are not forced to issue three year licenses or five year licenses

Standardisation. Lets have the same standards across the board. there is nothing to stop a council checking a drivers driving license whenever they want. There is nothing to stop a council checking the insurance whenever they want and there is nothing to stop a council from checking the condition a vehicle up to 3 times a year. So why should say a driver who has been doing the job for 10 years without any blemishes on his drivers license have to have a council license for 1 year when the law permits 3 years? My passport runs for 10 years and my driving license runs until I am 70 but my Council license is for just 1 year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:33 am 

Quote:
Lets have the same standards across the board.

yeah ok - lets all have a one year badge :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:23 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Quote:

Not a problem if the price is the same as the price paid by Toots. More of a problem when the price is increasing by 25% year on year like it is here.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:12 pm 

grandad wrote:
captain cab wrote:
Quote:

Not a problem if the price is the same as the price paid by Toots. More of a problem when the price is increasing by 25% year on year like it is here.

How much is it then for your licence area?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:39 pm 

I still shake my head in disbelief at the utter ineptitude in the way most of the national taxi/ph trade have handled the three taxi/ph issues in the dereg bill.

One so called leader, who doesn't post on TDO, told me personally he had no problem with two of the three issues. How many more are of that opinion but haven't got the balls to say that at the top table?

On here has been posted comments from some of our so-called reps in their response to the LC, which differ from their responses to the DfT. How on earth can anyone take these people seriously.

It's far too late for amendments but sensible ones could have been proposed at an early stage, but all we hear and read is no no no.