Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:57 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:07 am
Posts: 2529
Location: Hampshire (HC)
Captain Cab, how did you identify the Lords in your area? I've looked at the House of Lords website and it lists members by every category except area!

Any ideas?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36925
Location: Wayneistan
cabbyman wrote:
Captain Cab, how did you identify the Lords in your area? I've looked at the House of Lords website and it lists members by every category except area!

Any ideas?


I have a fairly decent knowledge of local dignitaries

Its a difficult ask - but perhaps a google in your area may work?

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 12:07 am
Posts: 2529
Location: Hampshire (HC)
OK, cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43110
Location: 1066 Country
It tickles me that some so called lefty unions are falling over themselves trying to get the Lords to do nasty things to the Dereg Bill.

Thought the days of the workers licking the bums of the Lords had gone, clearly Unite and the GMB think otherwise.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
http://press.labour.org.uk/post/100011053289/ministers-need-urgently-to-review-final-two-measures

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36925
Location: Wayneistan
toots wrote:


well that's pretty pointless IMO

if they allow sub contracting across borders, nobody will be able to stop the cross border vehicle and therefore anyone could well be driving

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:


well that's pretty pointless IMO

if they allow sub contracting across borders, nobody will be able to stop the cross border vehicle and therefore anyone could well be driving


It's a start and one less thing to worry about for now :D

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:20 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43110
Location: 1066 Country
toots wrote:
It's a start and one less thing to worry about for now :D

Why was it a worry?

Was there mass raping and pillaging before Benson - v Boyce, and did it end afterwards?

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43110
Location: 1066 Country
toots wrote:

The thing is the spivs really weren't worried about that, they just pretended to hoping to get rid of the cross border issue.

Looks like the gov have given them what they said they wanted, but didn't really, and blanked them on what they really really wanted.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36925
Location: Wayneistan
Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:

The thing is the spivs really weren't worried about that, they just pretended to hoping to get rid of the cross border issue.

Looks like the gov have given them what they said they wanted, but didn't really, and blanked them on what they really really wanted.


yep, that's the way I see it

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
captain cab wrote:
Sussex wrote:
toots wrote:

The thing is the spivs really weren't worried about that, they just pretended to hoping to get rid of the cross border issue.

Looks like the gov have given them what they said they wanted, but didn't really, and blanked them on what they really really wanted.


yep, that's the way I see it


Omg you're all so negative. Well now they can concentrate on the important issue at hand instead of things that aren't important.

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 7:25 pm
Posts: 36925
Location: Wayneistan
toots wrote:

Omg you're all so negative. Well now they can concentrate on the important issue at hand instead of things that aren't important.


you sound like the yes campaign ffs lol

NO is a negative word - and I say NO to the bloody lot of it - the government employed the LC - they've rushed this thing through to help spivs and at the will of spivs.

It aint going to help anyone - it aint going to stop cross border hackneys, it will encourage cross border PH.

Its a stupid bit of legislation, ill thought out.

And poor folk like me are going to be at the ar*e end of it.

_________________
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm
Posts: 14142
Location: On the move
captain cab wrote:
toots wrote:

Omg you're all so negative. Well now they can concentrate on the important issue at hand instead of things that aren't important.


you sound like the yes campaign ffs lol

NO is a negative word - and I say NO to the bloody lot of it - the government employed the LC - they've rushed this thing through to help spivs and at the will of spivs.

It aint going to help anyone - it aint going to stop cross border hackneys, it will encourage cross border PH.

Its a stupid bit of legislation, ill thought out.

And poor folk like me are going to be at the ar*e end of it.


So one bit of it has gone, concentrate on getting rid of the rest :wink:

_________________
Note to self: Just because it pops into my head does NOT mean it should come out of my mouth!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:30 pm
Posts: 43110
Location: 1066 Country
Rest assured If the gov wanted rid of all three clauses it would have happened yesterday.

The gov got rid of the 'any driver when not working' clause because of pressure from the women/rape/etc groups, who have been fed misleading nonsense from sad elements of the trade.

Let's face facts all the anti Dereg bill stuff is about the cross border issue, and if they had stuck to that then they would have had got the support of good old me, for what that's worth.

But Instead the idiots blurred matters with lies linking it to the safety issue.

Now 10s of 1000s of ph drivers will be out of pocket, having to continue buying second cars for their partners.

But hey who gives a f*** about them, as long as the spivs get their way.

_________________
IDFIMH


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lords letter.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:27 pm
Posts: 17746
The latest email update from the government regarding the deregulation bill does not mention this change.

_________________
Grandad,
old fart with no heart


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group