Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:38 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:13 pm 

I'm assuming it's the driver who's been arrested here, but it's not entirely clear :?

Appeal for information following alleged sexual assault

http://www.gwent.police.uk/en/newsroom/ ... l-assault/

Image Image

14th June 2019

Officers are re-appealing for information following an alleged sexual assault.

The incident is reported to have happened between 12.30am and 1.50am on Wednesday 24th April 2019. The victim was travelling in a taxi alone from Cardiff City Centre to Blackwood, when it’s reported she was sexually assaulted inside the vehicle.

The vehicle stopped in a bus stop in Maesycwmmer, opposite the butcher's shop, where the incident is reported to have taken place.

A 61 year old man from the Cardiff area has been arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and he has been bailed pending further enquiries.

Officers continue to investigate this incident and are appealing for information from anyone who could help. Officers would particularly like to speak to the person shown in these CCTV images, who was seen walking close to the area at around 1.30am on the morning of the incident. Please be re-assured you are not in any trouble, but you could have vital information that could help our enquiries.

If you are this person shown, or if you have any information that could help our enquiries, please call 101 quoting log 44 24/4/19 or you can send a direct message to our Gwent Police Facebook or Twitter social media pages. If you’d like to report information anonymously via Crimestoppers, please call 0800 555111.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For what it's worth, not sure why the images above are so small. They're from the official Gwent Police website. The one below was published on the Wales Online website, and is obviously a more legible size, but the passing pedestrian that they're looking for is only partly visible to the right of the photo.

I'm assuming the news websites were sent the larger photos, and the smaller ones were used on the Gwent Police website. But the way Wales Online has used this bigger photo doesn't help matters much :?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:38 pm 

For what it's worth, these are the two images posted on the Gwent Police Facebook page:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:42 pm 

One of the comments left on the Gwent Police Facebook page.

I'm assuming there's an element of exaggeration in this kind of thing. Could imagine it happening very occasionally, but she makes it sound like it's almost the norm :?

Tracy Louise Heaven wrote:
Lost count the amount of times I've been grabbed and touched up by taxi drivers. It's so awful taking advantage of their position of trust. […]

...yeah they can be gross. I've sat in the back and then asked the driver to stop at the garage on the way home so I can get a drink and then when I get back to the car hes locked the back doors so I have to get in the front and then spent the whole trip home grabbing my legs and stuff. And when in that situation I've been worried about going nuts incase they lock the front door as well so I've just sat there smiling until we get to my house and then run in. Its always been when I've been drunk so I've never report it as I wouldn't even remember the right details of the car etc the next day. That's why I love these apps the taxi companies have now. At least now if anything happens you know exactly who picked you up and what car they were driving if you want to report it

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:42 pm 

I think the comments above are typical of people exaggerating to make themselves look big.

Clearly something happened when that cab parked up, only time will tell exactly what.