Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:43 pm 

Looks like it's been such a sucess they're trying to expand across Lancashire :-o

But isn't this Charlie's patch, and a bit like what he's been trying to do over the years? 8-[

Difference, of course, that Charlie has (I assume) been HC-only, whereas this lot are trying to bring everyone together, apart of course from Uber and Bolt :?

But that's maybe where it all gets a bit tricksy. A lot of this reads like the whole trade colluding, basically (see highlighted passages in particular). Doubt the competition authorities would be too impressed. On the other hand, doubt they'd get involved in small beer like this.

Chorley Taxi Association calls on Bolton drivers to unite

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/23 ... ers-unite/

Image: The Bolton News

A businessman has urged taxi drivers across Bolton to “put difference aside and unite” after founding a “unique” new association.

Shaz Malik, who runs Four Sixes Taxi Company in Chorley, says that having founded a new association bringing Hackney and Private Hire drivers together in his hometown he hopes to do the same in Bolton.

He says this could help them survive and thrive in the face of competitors like Uber.

Mr Malik said: “It’s time to unite, what we have done in Chorley is something unique!

“It doesn’t matter if your Hackney or Private Hire, put your difference aside and unite to build a better future for the taxi trade.

“There are multiple associations running in Bolton, Manchester, Oldham, Bury.

“Each town should only have one association, that association should have four to six directors ranging Private Hire Vehicles, Hackneys and Operators to keep it fair and balanced.

“We can help you to create a taxi association similar to ours.

“There is a real treat in the next three to five years for Private Hire Vehicles, Hackneys and operators.

“If the change is not made now, trade will be lost to our rival competitors, like of Uber, Bolt.”

Mr Malik says that historically Private Hire and Hackney Carriage drivers have been divided between different interest groups.

But now he hopes that the trade can come together as one to pursue their common interests.

The idea came to him when Hackney Carriage owner Mohammed Esa came to him to ask for help supporting the hackney trade.

Mr Esa said: "I thought Shaz Malik, the owner of Four Sixes would be able to support the trade, I had known about Shaz's other projects delivered within the Chorley community and seemed the perfect fit.”

Following a series of meetings, they decided to forge a new association involving drivers from different strands of the taxi trade.

They came together with long established Hackney Carriage owners Shakail Ahmed, Shoaib Desai and Rashid Sohail to build the Chorley Taxi Association which now works with nearby takeaways, insurance companies, accountants and car washes to get discounts for members.

Mr Malik now hopes that the model he has established will prove to be a success in Bolton as well.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:44 pm 

I mean, just your bog standard taxi driver here :-o

But I'd guess I take about as much care over my appearance, and spend a similar amount on clothes and grooming :---)

(And I hope no one will misconstrue the word 'grooming' there, particularly in the likes of those Lancashire towns :badgrin: :shock: )

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:27 pm 

Location: Stamford Britains prettiest town till SKDC ruined it
Quote:
But isn't this Charlie's patch, and a bit like what he's been trying to do over the years?

Indeed it is BUT as i've said before muslim drivers will not support any organisation which isn't run on fundamentally islamic principles and by muslims.

This doesn't just apply to our trade but to many walks of life which is why society doesn't integrate

Join the campaign to get April fools jokes banned for 364 days a year !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:28 pm 

Obviously there are several other older threads this could be in, in fact several about Chorley's Mr Malik encroaching into Bolton :-o

But I chose this thread because of the cool photos and graphics :lol: 8)

Chorley taxi boss plans to bring 'Batman' scheme to Bolton

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/24 ... me-bolton/

A taxi boss who launched his “Batman” scheme to help drivers keep people safe at night says he hopes to expand the scheme to Bolton.

Shaz Malik, of the Chorley Taxi Association (CTA), says that his project, which encourages members of his organisation to report night time incidents has already made his home town safer.

The scheme works by encouraging members of his organisation to report incidents to the CTA which then works with police, and Mr Malik says he believes Bolton needs a similar plan.

He said: “I’ve long been aware that public safety issues exist in Bolton as well and that is why the time is right to bring the Batman approach to Bolton.”

Mr Malik founded the Chorley Taxi Association last autumn in a bid to encourage Hackney and Private Hire drivers to put aside their differences and unite under a single banner.

He called on Bolton drivers to follow his lead and in December last year said that membership of a group like this can help protect drivers from violence.

But he has now taken this a step further and says that as well as protecting each other, taxi drivers can also use their mobility and knowledge to help protect the rest of the community.

The “Batman approach”, as Mr Malik dubs it, involves encouraging as many drivers as possible to join his association, which has bought a town radio to use for the scheme.

He says that he plans to buy more radios for the groups and that drivers will also be able to keep in constant touch using group chats.

The drivers will then be able to patrol the roads late at night, acting as Mr Malik’s eyes and ears and reporting criminal or dangerous incidents to him.

Mr Malik will then work with police in dealing with issues like these.

He says that this has already proven fruitful in his home town of Chorley and when surveying the scene in Bolton, feels it can be of even more use there.

Mr Malik said: “I’ve seen what’s been happening over there and that is why Bolton is right at the top of my list of priorities in the coming months.”

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:29 pm 

Quote:
He said: “I’ve long been aware that public safety issues exist in Bolton as well and that is why the time is right to bring the Batman approach to Bolton.”

Who'd have expected that?

Think I was similarly aware from 300 miles away, but I've never actually been to Bolton :lol:

Seriously, though, if something like this was to be organised locally I'd view it more about drivers being left to fend for ourselves rather than co-operating with officialdom generally, and police in particular.

Unless it's something serious, you kind of get the impression over the years that you're regarded as as much of a nuisance than anything else.

Not that I'm suggesting that we face anything like the danger that drivers elsewhere face. But I can only really think of one female driver I see on nights (of maybe 100 or so drivers), which perhaps says it all... :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:45 pm 

I passed through Bolton on a train last year does that count ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:51 pm 

If it helps out drivers in difficulty then it should be supported.

Even if it merely collates assaults on drivers to pass on to the police.

Far too often assaults and abuse are said by some to 'be just part of the job'.

Well they are not, and doing nothing is simply not on.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:37 pm 

The driver's actions described here all very laudable, but nothing to suggest it would or wouldn't have happened without the Taxi Watch scheme. In fact I'd guess the scheme would have zero relevance regarding what happened here.

And, as usual, this all seems a bit, er, self-promoting, both individually and collectively :-o

As someone in the comments says, there's a touch of Batman about it all 8-[

And kind of echoes some of the London trade PR-esque stuff that's on TaxiPoint occasionally - 'aren't we fantastic'? I've heard the trade in places like Market Harborough take a similar line, but I tend to take stuff like that with a pinch of salt :lol:

Chorley taxi hero shows scheme could 'save lives' in Bolton

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/24 ... es-bolton/

A “Taxi Watch” scheme could save lives in Bolton, its founder claims, after a driver rescued a man from a burning car.

Image: Bolton News

Shaz Malik, founder of the Chorley Taxi Association, has long spoken about his ambition to extend the groundbreaking organisation’s ideas over the border into Bolton.

He says that his organisation uses taxi drivers’ local knowledge to help deal with crime and safety concerns in their areas.

Mr Malik said: “Specifically, Bolton taxi drivers have the opportunity to adopt a similar approach and play a crucial role in ensuring the safety and wellbeing of both their passengers and the community as a whole.

“With their extensive knowledge of the local area and their ability to navigate through traffic efficiently, Bolton taxi drivers can be the first ones to arrive at the scene of an emergency, providing immediate assistance until professional help arrives.

“In addition, taxi drivers can also offer comfort and support during emergencies.”

Mr Malik held up a recent example when a member of his organisation, taxi driver Abdul Javeed helped save a man from a burning car on Spendmore Lane, Coppull.

Mr Javeed came across the car while driving a customer home to Liverpool in the early hours of the morning of Saturday, March 2.

After he pulled the man to safety, police officers and firefighters were called to the scene where fortunately, no one suffered any serious injuries.

Mr Malik says his colleague’s actions showed how crucial his organisation could be.

He said: "Saving anyone's life is one of the biggest things you will do in your life, and every life matters.

“Our TaxiWatch program has extended out to saving lives in Chorley, serving as a shining example of the positive impact that individuals can have when they are willing to go above and beyond to help others in need.

“His bravery and quick actions undoubtedly saved a life and inspired others to do the same in times of crisis.”

Mr Javeed says the experience was unlike any he had ever encountered before.

He said: “Approaching the car, I noticed an individual unconscious inside.

“I circled around, successfully opened the door, unfastened the seat belt, and rescued the man from the vehicle.

“Fortunately, the seat belt wasn't stuck."

He added: "It was a harrowing ordeal unlike any I had faced before.

“Following the police and firefighters' arrival, I extended my assistance to the authorities by aiding in the evacuation of residents from their homes in case of a fire."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:01 pm 

what has a picture of a crashed car got to do with this ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:35 pm 

Could it be this Edders?

A “Taxi Watch” scheme could save lives in Bolton, its founder claims, after a driver rescued a man from a burning car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdlyi5mc ... re=related

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:15 pm 

Chris the Fish wrote:
Could it be this Edders?

the whole premise of all these publicity pieces is a call to unite the taxi associations under his ego. A driver coming across a crashed car is a coincidence as i would like to hope that anyone not just taxi/ph drivers would help the unfortunate crashed driver

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:59 pm 

edders23 wrote:
Quote:
But isn't this Charlie's patch, and a bit like what he's been trying to do over the years?

Indeed it is BUT as i've said before muslim drivers will not support any organisation which isn't run on fundamentally islamic principles and by muslims.

This doesn't just apply to our trade but to many walks of life which is why society doesn't integrate

Yes it is they come and they go a bit like me on there really

The Hackney Association Ltd
bbha@btinternet.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:47 am 

Great to see you back Charlie.

Hope you are well.