UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Arrogant taxi driver
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:54 pm 

Arrogant taxi driver

by Juanito V. Jabat
January 26, 2005

"Tom, Gullas Trade Barbs" - Headline. Wow, mouth watering. Did you know that lots of young people go to Fuente O evenings to enjoy barbs?" That's the latest youth-speak meaning barbecue.
Got a lift from a friend driving an old-model Toyota to the downtown district the other day. The car was so old and rundown that my friend himself said he feared the traffic cops would nab him for violation of the anti-littering ordinance.

I like yesterday's column of Judge Loring Paradiang Jr. on ex-Sen. Teofisto Guingona. What he wrote was what I had wanted to write too but I did not - still don't - have the facility to do it. The blurb, especially, I liked. It said and I quote: "Guingona is not only taking back and eating his words against PGMA, but also gulping back and licking the last drop of his spit."

The Bureau of Internal Revenue here says: "No new taxes this year." My friend Nilo T. cheers: "Yeheey!" But this news story I read in a Manila broadsheet says, "Filipinos are asked to tighten their belts and pay more taxes" this year. This contradiction is taxing the people's imagination!

It says here that Napocor lost more than P100 billion last year and is expected to lose P83.52 this year. Let there be no freeting in the opposition, okay? This P100 billion and P83.52 billion is only money!

Pepito Amaquin, Cebu business exec and long-time friend of this newspaper, was in the office the other day. He said he was in Boracay when the P200 million fire hit the country's top resort area Friday night. "Grabeng dakua sa sunog. Helpless kaayo ang mga bombero sa Kalibo, mga lima gud ka oras ang sunog. Mga bombero from as far as Iloilo City and Roxas City came to help," Pepito said.

Pepito said he saw men, women and kids panicked. Many were shouting and crying as their talipapas in the market place went up in smoke. "But I also saw heartwarming sights," he said. "Foreigners (mostly whites) trying to comfort native residents...trying to lift up their spirits amid the conflagration." He learned later that those foreigners he saw were members of a Christian ministry based in the US. "They were trying to put the native fire victims at ease while the hotel they had been billeted was on fire," Pepito said. "Sa akong nadunggan, hurot gyud kasunog ang mga butang atong mga Christian missionaries."

My friend Nanding Suelo has just called up to report an experience he had with a taxicab and its driver. The taxi was already operating on a P30-P2.50 rate but it had no air-conditioning. Nanding complained to the driver about the unfair cut he was getting. But the driver in all arrogance he could muster told his passenger: "Kun agrabiyado ka sumbong lang sa Citom aron makaila sila kun kinsay tag-iya ining taxi nga gidrayban ko." My friend said he was so stunned by the driver's behavior he paid him, got out and looked for another cab.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:56 pm 

I wasnt alarmed by this story till I found out what the taxi driver said to the passenger. :wink:

Quote:
"Kun agrabiyado ka sumbong lang sa Citom aron makaila sila kun kinsay tag-iya ining taxi nga gidrayban ko."

I think we can all learn from these wise words

Captain cab