Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 9:54 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:16 pm 

Quote:
I have asked my council about the DDA implimentation, as we are named as a phase one council, they have no plans to remove the entitlement of the saloon licenceholders.

How many WAV's in gateshead & how many saloon hacks

Captain cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:21 pm 

captain cab wrote:
Quote:
Take Dundee a few miles down the road from me,know a few guys that the only way to get their own plates,was when the council opened the list to Wav vehicles.
Now over 200 wavs to look after 250 wheelchair users in the area,plus in the region of 400 saloons,plus a further 50-60 private hire.
City has 140,000 people.
OPEN THE LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So is that 600 hackneys to serve 140,000 people?

Captain cab

YYYYYIIIIIIIPPPPPPP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:52 pm 

wow 1 taxi for every 233 residents, where the hell do they all park?

Captain cab

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:19 pm 
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Sussex wrote:
captain cab wrote:
The way I thought the dft in England and Wales were doing it was that by 2010 all first phase LA's should have a WAV policy in place, it then gives the trade a 10 year period to change vehicles.

I suppose it all depends on what that WAV policy is. :shock:

It could be mandatory WAVs, or a WAV managed growth policy. :lol: :lol:

I have asked my council about the DDA implimentation, as we are named as a phase one council, they have no plans to remove the entitlement of the saloon licenceholders.

B. Lucky :twisted:

maybe not, but dont worry the department of transport has

this fortunatly is an issue too big for the council to decide

by the way noticed regional government has been given the task of sorting out gypsy settlements

not bad eh Mick for a tier that does not exist? if you get one in Gatehead of course it will not be down to regional government.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:52 pm 
Gateshead Angel wrote:

Yorkie wrote:

Cherwell Councils Cheif Administration Officer wrote:
that the DFT, following their decision not to introduce taxi accessibility regulations in 2002 under the Disabled Discrimination Act 1995 were now encouraging local licensing authorities to make their own policies with regard accessible taxis for their area.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:11 am 
Gateshead Angel wrote:
Gateshead Angel wrote:

Yorkie wrote:

Cherwell Councils Cheif Administration Officer wrote:
that the DFT, following their decision not to introduce taxi accessibility regulations in 2002 under the Disabled Discrimination Act 1995 were now encouraging local licensing authorities to make their own policies with regard accessible taxis for their area.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :shock: :shock: :shock:

You have taken that right out of context and frankly as a trade union official I am disgusted with you.

The government originally planned to issue a specification, to all authorities for cabs WAVS

after representations from the trade, including salloon owners the government took the view that each local area could decide which vehicles could be used, AS LONG AS THEY WERE ACCESSIBLE BY WHEELCHAIR.

I dont treat you as stupid, you know this, please dont [edited by admin] about with words it does not earn you brownie points it just makes you look as if you have not got a camand of the situation.

if you have tried this ploy with Gateshead, they will never trust you again when they find out you have misled them, that is if they are that stupid
Which I DOUBT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:19 pm 

I think that the most serious problem we face, is the manufacturers. We do not have a single taxi or conversion that is equally as accessible for a wheelchair, as it is for a disabled passenger with, say a Zimmer frame. We therefore, at present, have a bit of a no win situation.

I have tried pivot seats, without a great deal of success, as the seat really needs to lower to the seat height and entry access of a saloon.

I'd love to see the manufacturers/converters actually get their act together on this, but the only way they will do it, will be if legislation forces the manufaturers. But that aint gonna happen is it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:26 pm 

Yorkie wrote:
for Scotland I am as ignorant as you dusty sunshine,

You're in good company boys becasue the Scottish Executive doesn't have a clue either.

on the wheelchair issue they'll probably just follow London, but will make a few changes because they have to to justify devolution and that monstrosity of a parliament. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:41 am 

Fae Fife wrote:
Yorkie wrote:
for Scotland I am as ignorant as you dusty sunshine,

You're in good company boys becasue the Scottish Executive doesn't have a clue either.

on the wheelchair issue they'll probably just follow London, but will make a few changes because they have to to justify devolution and that monstrosity of a parliament. :lol:

Haw Sir,
nobody has a clue,this is why I think that they will try and make all HC wheelchair accessible cabs,this would,to their frame of mind be the easier solution.
Then the operators who do not adhere to this,go back to private hire.
Problem solved by the councils??????????.
It is too a messy subject for the politicians,local/national to resolve,too time consuming,so as usual the easy way out.
Dundee is on a slippery slope with the ammount of vehicles now on the road and envisiage some cabbies going to the wall.
Rest assured this will happen in Fife(all Wavs) as the disability awareness groups have some clout now,and it is good publicity for the local politicians to get some press coverage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:53 pm 

Quote:
Haw Sir,
nobody has a clue,this is why I think that they will try and make all HC wheelchair accessible cabs,this would,to their frame of mind be the easier solution.
Then the operators who do not adhere to this,go back to private hire.
Problem solved by the councils??????????.
It is too a messy subject for the politicians,local/national to resolve,too time consuming,so as usual the easy way out.
Dundee is on a slippery slope with the ammount of vehicles now on the road and envisiage some cabbies going to the wall.
Rest assured this will happen in Fife(all Wavs) as the disability awareness groups have some clout now,and it is good publicity for the local politicians to get some press coverage.

all good points

but the best part of it is.................................someone else is paying!!

Captain cab