Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Manchester Rapist
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:13 am 

It is "freshers" week in Manchester. Young girl's started arriving last Monday looking forward to their first year in Manchester. This ba**ard has already struck at least twice.
Can I ask,no BEG, all Manchester Taxis and PH who drop single girl's off any where in South Manchester wait just a minute until they get safely in the door. We should do it, as a matter of course. However extra vigilance is required and if you see this man or the black car take the reg number and give it to the Police. I am sure they would rather track down 1,000 false alarms then get another young girl treated like this.
Thanks.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-11407766

Post subject: Re: Manchester Rapist
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:08 am 
tom2907 wrote:
It is "freshers" week in Manchester. Young girl's started arriving last Monday looking forward to their first year in Manchester. This ba**ard has already struck at least twice.
Can I ask,no BEG, all Manchester Taxis and PH who drop single girl's off any where in South Manchester wait just a minute until they get safely in the door. We should do it, as a matter of course. However extra vigilance is required and if you see this man or the black car take the reg number and give it to the Police. I am sure they would rather track down 1,000 false alarms then get another young girl treated like this.
Thanks.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma ... r-11407766

We do that all the time down here. If a woman says can you wait until I get in the door I always say yes I course.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:52 am 

goes without saying, no OAP or single female (unless it's a close) is watched till door opened and light goes on. Guys can look after themselves, then again so can some girls :wink:

edit: quick change to is

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:38 pm 

same here in Plymouth thousands of um and of course they get a little silly when they have had a few and do not realise the dangers out there,I remember a few years ago a young girl was raped and murdered It was all on the news to be extra careful telling these girls to make sure they had enough money to get a taxi home,a young girl flagged me down in a bit of a panic realising that she was walking home towards the same place where this young girl was murdered and raped she was crying and very distressed.I said to her you okay love ? she said she didn't have any money and could I take her home and she would pay me later?.Jump in love I said?took her home made sure she got her key out whilst in the cab told her in future to make sure she had enough money to get a taxi home and waited till she got in the door.The moral of the story most of us out there are decent taxi drivers and have daughters of our own,we can see the dangers for these kids I am 65 now and been driving a taxi for a long time and yes we get some right ars..oles in our cabs but I think that we as professional guys have a duty to these young students to keep an eye on them,its there first year away from mum and dad and I know if my daughter was away in a new town many miles away from home that she was being watched over by decent taxi drivers when she goes out for the night.Pity that the councils don't see that this job of ours isn't about just driving a taxi to earn a bit of a living but we are here to help the public like helping old ladies and gents disabled people young mums with loads of shopping and kids in and out of our taxis and yes of course making sure these young girls get home safely.So pat yourself on the backs lads your doing a great job.
P.S and no i didn't charge the young girl.
Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:25 pm 

Yes we should all be vigil and do the best we can.

But the girls, their friends and their families should be doing their bit do.

Post subject: Not Fair
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:03 am 

Sorry Sussex, its not fair to say the victim, her friends or her family contributed in any way to this Rape. This is one sick ba**ard. The violence has increased, he stabbed this girl several times with a skewer (it says Knitting needle in the press) he then stripped her and dumped her naked in the street to further humiliate her. If any of our lads catch him, the police will not be required.
We will soon get him, there cannot be many fat,bald asian's in south Manchester, can there?

Post subject: Re: Not Fair
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:54 pm 

tom2907 wrote:
Sorry Sussex, its not fair to say the victim, her friends or her family contributed in any way to this Rape.

Did I say that? :?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:22 am 

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchesterevening ... x_assaults

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:30 am 

tom2907 wrote:
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/crime/s/1337452_serial_sex_attacker_in_south_manchester_linked_to_six_assaults

'Police said the offender is described as an Asian man between 5ft 4in and 6ft tall.'

There's a big difference between those heights & that's not very helpful.

Brummie Cabbie.

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the TDO Forum.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:18 am 
Brummie Cabbie wrote:
tom2907 wrote:
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/crime/s/1337452_serial_sex_attacker_in_south_manchester_linked_to_six_assaults

'Police said the offender is described as an Asian man between 5ft 4in and 6ft tall.'

There's a big difference between those heights & that's not very helpful.

Now there's a shock.