Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:06 pm 
Aye that was what i thought scotty.

The story in the courier about him being liked to a takeover of Dundee said that he was the owner of 505050 but even if he was just a sleeping partner then he would he have his plates with 203020.

Funny business.

By the way, has he ever had a badge :lol:

Stu

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2003 ... 0000t0.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 6:56 pm 
he is a badge holder he used to drive one of his private hire vehicles when he was with handys he was handys buisness manager untill 505050
developed cant see him ever getting a set with teles though,did you know he worked abroad for a few years and sort of leased his hacks if you know what i mean

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:41 am 

dave coutts is still a director of 505050 but he is in dispute with them,awaiting a court case,yes he does have a dundee drivers badge also an edinburgh ph badge.
DUNDEE CITY TAXIS is the name of the new company i believe and i think that they will make a go of it, if the rumour is true.heard that almost all the op`s from 505050 are now going to leave to go with them as the op`s at 505050 are not happy bunnies,anyone hear anything about this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 6:59 am 

Happy new year Mr villager - the first post of 2004.

And happy new year to everyone else, even Wharfy, :D but normal hostilities will resume soon :?

By the way Mr villager, did you get the private message I sent you a couple of weeks ago? It's still in my outbox, which means that it hasn't been read (I think).

Click on the new messages option near the top of the screen and you'll get to it.

Dusty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 7:02 am 
the villager wrote:
dave coutts is still a director of 505050 but he is in dispute with them,awaiting a court case,yes he does have a dundee drivers badge also an edinburgh ph badge.
DUNDEE CITY TAXIS is the name of the new company i believe and i think that they will make a go of it, if the rumour is true.heard that almost all the op`s from 505050 are now going to leave to go with them as the op`s at 505050 are not happy bunnies,anyone hear anything about this?

+

vILLAGER,
are you [edited by admin]? if not why not?
its 12.45 or 45 mins into the new year and you are concerned about Handys?

Can I wish you a very happy new year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:19 am 
im posting this at 6.53 am because im just in not from working i was behind the wheel for approx 15 mins when i got a phone call from the wife
saying i dont think you should be driving in all that snow ,that was enough for me ,im finding it difficult to stand right now and will have to take anothere night off to recover but i swear ill never work hogmany again
i forgot what partys were all about ...happy new year...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:34 am 

scot wrote:
im posting this at 6.53 am because im just in not from working i was behind the wheel for approx 15 mins when i got a phone call from the wife
saying i dont think you should be driving in all that snow ,that was enough for me ,im finding it difficult to stand right now and will have to take anothere night off to recover but i swear ill never work hogmany again
i forgot what partys were all about ...happy new year...

A lesson to us all, no matter who much money we can take on such a night as New Year's Eve, family must come first.

Oh, as well as a good [edited by admin] up. :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:14 pm 

no,not [edited by admin],came in from work to wish my wife a happy new year and check my emails as my daughter sent me an email wishing me all the best,she lives in America,just thought i`d check out the site while i was here,believe me i am not concerned about Handy`s/Tele`s.
:D :D :D be happy and a happy new year to all the cabbies out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 10:58 pm 
Weheee weheee
I just made a bloody good killing last night i'm in the money a lot of cars went of with teles where i work but i stayed on with my brand new red doblo and boy was it worth it took a little longer to get a to b with the snow but still a bloody good night i saw a few taxis smashed last night one was a sedona unlucky mate suposse i got all your fares thats the way it goes old chap. My doblo did bloody good in all that snow it maybe looks like a fish van but last night that fish van hauled in stacks of cash. I am off out in a couple of hours to make more money glad i put my doblo on now like----<HAPPY NEW YEAR>---- :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:03 pm 
willy wrote:
Weheee weheee
I just made a bloody good killing last night i'm in the money a lot of cars went of with teles where i work but i stayed on with my brand new red doblo and boy was it worth it took a little longer to get a to b with the snow but still a bloody good night i saw a few taxis smashed last night one was a sedona unlucky mate suposse i got all your fares thats the way it goes old chap. My doblo did bloody good in all that snow it maybe looks like a fish van but last night that fish van hauled in stacks of cash. I am off out in a couple of hours to make more money glad i put my doblo on now like----<HAPPY NEW YEAR>---- :D

lucky you, tried your hand with the national lottery?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:58 am 

I never work in the snow, far to dangerous.

But to all those that did, well done, I just hope customers remember who took them home when no-one else wanted too.

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 10:16 am 
Alex wrote:
I never work in the snow, far to dangerous.

But to all those that did, well done, I just hope customers remember who took them home when no-one else wanted too.

Alex

yes so do I

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:24 pm 
willy i think i spotted you car today it looks pretty nice to me but whats the cutomers saying also the eurocabs have a problem with customers walking past them and getting into saloons on the ranks have you had any probs like this im in front of the council jan and am not sure what to put on i dont want to spent 23000 and sit and watch as the customers pass me by....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:33 pm 

Surely though Scot, your new colleagues will send them back to you.

Wont they???? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:59 am 
this is turning out to be a unfunny situation i was sitting on dundee,s main rank with a vectra in front of me and a euro7 in front of him, a customer on his own walked past the euro7 and got in the vectra i imediatly felt sorry for him but a couple of mins later a woman on her own also walked past him and entered my vehicle i pointed out that i was not first in line
so she closed my door and entered the vehicle behind mine this left me in a position as to what happens next i cant afford to knock back fares and with my last job having been some time ago i would if faced have to pick the next customer up,luckily a couple of men entered the euro7 before i got a fare but situations are going to arise when saloons are going to have to pick up customers even if its there mate in the vehicle in front,
ive not read of this situation in any other towns probably because all the hacks in other towns are the same not a mixture,its a pity the survey didn,t pick up on this as all the ops in the past have also had this happen
and most binned their vehicle and went back to saloons...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next