Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:03 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I-CAB
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:49 am 

Location: Grim North, Carrot Crunchers and Codhead Country, North of Watford Gap
taxinews wrote:
We at Taxinews can assure you that this is not a wind up. I have actually test drove the Prima I-CAB. The onboard internet access is quite a good idea and clearly a good option when working in the city centres. We have been told that the ice cream was not an original idea by Prima Vehicles but added later after customers suggested it. It sounds good and certainly looks good but will it be good in practise? I am sure that drivers will only be able to offer such goods at the start and end of a journey otherwise the4 police will be waiting for them.

Great, just think we can expand into other lines of business.

Customer to driver, could you stop at a cash point, which bank sir, customer, oh any, driver, I'll just press this button sir and up will pop an ATM in the back of the cab

Driver to customer, could you make your order now please, the menu tonight is fish and chips, kebab, or Walls ice cream, cornet and wafer. we also do loaves of bread, milk, soft toys, shirts, ties, trousers and shoes for the night club entry. thats another trading vendors licence from the council reguired.

Post subject: Re: I-CAB
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:06 am 

taxinews wrote:
We at Taxinews can assure you that this is not a wind up. I have actually test drove the Prima I-CAB. The onboard internet access is quite a good idea and clearly a good option when working in the city centres. We have been told that the ice cream was not an original idea by Prima Vehicles but added later after customers suggested it. It sounds good and certainly looks good but will it be good in practise? I am sure that drivers will only be able to offer such goods at the start and end of a journey otherwise the4 police will be waiting for them.

Go on hop-it. You must think I have just droped off the lemon tree. It ain't even funny! That would at least been something.

Claude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 2:22 am 

I hear they're producing one with a candy floss machine Claude, just for you :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:48 pm 

one...I guess instead of children chasing the ice cream truck down the street they will be chasing cabs (wonder if the liability isurance will have to go up?) and two...better get a whole lot of car wash vouchers to have the insides cleaned when the kiddies slop their ice cream all over the place!! How does this work for the cabbies...do you guys pay to have these extras put in the vehicles and then what...make a commission on what u sell? Would u guys be in charge of stocking and ordering items and all that...the whole idea sounds a bit much?? Perhaps they feel that if we can offer internet and ice cream to the patrons that they will be lining up for the service?

signed "confused over here in Canada?!!

Robin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:49 pm 

one...I guess instead of children chasing the ice cream truck down the street they will be chasing cabs (wonder if the liability isurance will have to go up?) and two...better get a whole lot of car wash vouchers to have the insides cleaned when the kiddies slop their ice cream all over the place!! How does this work for the cabbies...do you guys pay to have these extras put in the vehicles and then what...make a commission on what u sell? Would u guys be in charge of stocking and ordering items and all that...the whole idea sounds a bit much?? Perhaps they feel that if we can offer internet and ice cream to the patrons that they will be lining up for the service?

Robin :?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:50 pm 

oppppsssssss...srry bout the double post...done in error...see I told you I was confused with this one!!! :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:32 pm 

taxigirl1 wrote:

Robin :?

Nice to know confusion is a world wide phenomena and not something peculiar to the UK, anyway Robin it's a lot of nonsense. :wink:

Post subject: Prima!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:17 pm 

They've sent me some 'promotional material' in the form of an email, there's no telephone number or postal address, just an email address - taxinews@aol.com

I'd love to see a brochure and some photos.