Taxi Driver Online

UK cab trade debate and advice
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:53 pm 

ALI T wrote:
i got the feeling that the sheriff didnt understand what our brief was putting to her ,but i feel the penny finaly dropped with towards the end.

That really shouldn't come to much of a surprise. :shock:

Let's face it I suspect the Sheriff has never, and will never, come across a case like this. Cases like this in Scotland are at best one a year.

But that's why the Sheriff will go away and decide on the law, and how it is being applied, or not as the case may be, in Edinburgh. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 6:59 pm 

RealCabforce wrote:
I am surprised that the administrators on this forum deem it appropriate to advise and support this case. No consideration or support is shown for the 3,000 drivers who will suffer because of one person's idiocy.

The site is open to anyone who wishes to defend/debate taxi quotas, and I for one welcome such chats. Save that is the few lying folk from the NTA/T&G. :-$

I'm interested as to why 3000 drivers would suffer. Surely some will get their own plates, and even for those that don't, then where are all these other drivers going to come from. Are Edinburgh going to dilute drivers standards? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:14 am 

There is a finite amount of "taxi" work in Edinburgh. At present it is covered by 1261 taxis and around 800 PHC. No-one could claim that there is or has been ANY SUD over the last 5 years or more. Even the Skull admits that his earnings have reduced over this time and any "unmet demand" has been met by PHC.
He thinks that additional taxis on the road will improve this situation?
He thinks that magically these extra taxis will replace the PHC who will simply pack up and say bye bye?
No, he is only concerned with trying to put one over on the council, regardless of who or what happens.
Extra vehicles only reduce earnings per driver. We all work longer hours for less money.
He cannot seriously believe that the Council will grant 32 licences to him and his cronies then turn round to the 110 guys on the "waiting list" and say they're not getting licences. The fact is they will wash their hands off number restriction and we will all be thrown to the dogs.
There are already murmurings in the trade of what some will do to him.

Ali T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:29 am 

Ali T wrote
Sounds like a different case to the one I listened to, but never mind.

Strange their was no one their apart from our group and nf a couple of posts up. well
Apart that is from mr Muldoon (Scottish taxi federation) who appeared on both days and stayed for all of 15 mins per day and slept through half of that time?
Shows you were not paying enough attention!!!

One thing I found very strange the fact that mr Muldoon sat on the councils side and chatted with them. surely he should have been on our side in fact shouldn’t he be supporting us???
You're having a larf, suggesting that?

I am surprised that the administrators on this forum deem it appropriate to advise and support this case. No consideration or support is shown for the 3,000 drivers who will suffer because of one person's idiocy.

Please explain how anyone will suffer deregulation aint coming win or lose.
You think not? See my previous post
I feel you are forgetting an important factor here i.e. all the 32 applicants are drivers who wish to operate their own taxis

Should this case be won by Skull, he will have to learn to drive the 4 taxis he would have to put on.

There are 4 applicants mr Thomson is just one of those 1 taxi each idiot.
3maxblacks address is Carlyle Gardens. You all shacked up there with him?[/b]

He would be unable to sell on the licences, since it is guaranteed that the council would immediately derestrict thus wiping out any theoretical value they have - something that the vast majority of drivers as well as owners do not want nor need.
[b] please divulge the information that you obviously have that guarantees de-restriction and thiers nothing theoretical about 45k
It's called "common Sense" and the explanation of the 40!k is way above your level of understanding

Since Skull also applied for a PHC licence and was refused, it is likely that his taxi applications would be refused as well on the grounds that he is not a fit person.
Do you really think it would have got to court if it was that easy.
His applications are that easy - he won't get a licence.

why not change youre name to falsecabinfo seems more appropriate.
Naw, I'm happy with the one I got!! [/quote]

The REAL Ali T

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:24 am 

RealCabforce wrote:
There is a finite amount of "taxi" work in Edinburgh. At present it is covered by 1261 taxis and around 800 PHC. No-one could claim that there is or has been ANY SUD over the last 5 years or more. Even the Skull admits that his earnings have reduced over this time and any "unmet demand" has been met by PHC.
He thinks that additional taxis on the road will improve this situation?
He thinks that magically these extra taxis will replace the PHC who will simply pack up and say bye bye?
No, he is only concerned with trying to put one over on the council, regardless of who or what happens.
Extra vehicles only reduce earnings per driver. We all work longer hours for less money.
He cannot seriously believe that the Council will grant 32 licences to him and his cronies then turn round to the 110 guys on the "waiting list" and say they're not getting licences. The fact is they will wash their hands off number restriction and we will all be thrown to the dogs.

Ali T

Come on then brain cell tell me, where has all the work gone, 1260 taxis for the last 4-5 years by your way of thinking we should be beating the Edinburgh public off with sticks? Edinburgh is expanding, population; business, tourism etc. look at all the new hotels and Multiplexes. The cab companies are bigger with more sophisticated despatch technology higher radio dues to buy the work yet profits are going down?

The fact is the PHC has more than doubled form 357, 5 years ago to nearly 900 at today’s date (100 PHC have went on since we applied in Nov 2004) quality of vehicle and quality of service at a more competitive cost. While their share of the market is expanding our share is contracting. Five years ago they could not compete with us on service in the call market so they competed with us on price targeting all the quality jobs i.e. airport and country jobs while giving bungs to all the restaurants and hotels to guarantee the quality work. When their numbers started to increase they began to work the streets at peak times. Then all the cabs from out with Edinburgh started to work the city as well, rich pickings for our country cousins form the sticks.

In another 3 years there is every chance the PHC will double again if you check the records you will see they are expanding exponentially.

Your precious little taxi trade is getting eaten alive and “Independent Taxi Services” is bumping up the plate premiums with controlled auctions. (This is where you don’t know who you are bidding against and how much without going through the bid controller; you have got to be having a laugh.)

How much do you think your plate will be worth when your profits drop through the floor in another few years?

Ps

Spare me the implied threats, I am not hard to find, if any you or any of your little boys are looking for a problem be my guessed. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:04 am 

RealCabforce wrote:

The point I'm trying to get across is it doesn't really matter if the court give the lads a 1000 plates, because without drivers they don't go very far.

So unless the council are going to reduce/dilute standards then where are all these extra drivers going to come from?

It may lead to 2000 drivers driving 2000 cars, but that's no different than 2000 drivers working 1000 cars. The amount of drivers out at anyone time will be much the same.

The benefit of such an open and free market is that the taxi trade will be able to adapt to the needs of customers far better, and possibly re-capture some of the work they have lost to the PH trade. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:24 am 

RealCabforce wrote:
Ali T wrote

[b]Strange their was no one their apart from our group and nf a couple of posts up. well
Apart that is from mr Muldoon (Scottish taxi federation) who appeared on both days and stayed for all of 15 mins per day and slept through half of that time?

Well, I was paying attention and there was nobody there except the legal teams, the nice lady from the SCS, Jim Muldoon (briefly), and the parties involved on both sides. Oh, and me too.

So, unless you are a fifth columnist from within Maxblacks ranks (or Robert Millar), I would politely suggest you are mistaken in thinking you were there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:47 am 

if you cant answer or debate why dont we as a mark of respect for this forum take it over to the realfast forum where i will ridicule youre ignorance.
you are ranting and sound rather upset.
i will not continue down this line with you .
you seem intent on an argument .
back up what you say with fact or at least a sensible argument?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:57 am 

RealCabforce wrote:
No-one could claim that there is or has been ANY SUD over the last 5 years or more

thats exactly the point.
the council should be able to claim this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:44 pm 

RealCabforce wrote:
Ali T wrote

Strange their was no one their apart from our group and nf a couple of posts up. well

One thing I found very strange the fact that mr Muldoon sat on the councils side and chatted with them. surely he should have been on our side in fact shouldn’t he be supporting us???
You're having a larf, suggesting that?

Please explain how anyone will suffer deregulation aint coming win or lose.
You think not? See my previous post
I feel you are forgetting an important factor here i.e. all the 32 applicants are drivers who wish to operate their own taxis

Should this case be won by Skull, he will have to learn to drive the 4 taxis he would have to put on.

There are 4 applicants mr Thomson is just one of those 1 taxi each idiot.
3maxblacks address is Carlyle Gardens. You all shacked up there with him?[/b]

He would be unable to sell on the licences, since it is guaranteed that the council would immediately derestrict thus wiping out any theoretical value they have - something that the vast majority of drivers as well as owners do not want nor need.
[b] please divulge the information that you obviously have that guarantees de-restriction and thiers nothing theoretical about 45k
It's called "common Sense" and the explanation of the 40!k is way above your level of understanding

Since Skull also applied for a PHC licence and was refused, it is likely that his taxi applications would be refused as well on the grounds that he is not a fit person.
Do you really think it would have got to court if it was that easy.
His applications are that easy - he won't get a licence.

why not change youre name to falsecabinfo seems more appropriate.
Naw, I'm happy with the one I got!!

Of course, YOU are absolutely correct in all you say on this subject Mr Cabforce, This has absolutely nothing to do with these greedy individuals trying to put a cab on the road and everything to do with them wanting something for nothing at the expense of their hard working collueges, there is hardly one of them (due to their own stupitidity I might add) capable of keeping a brief long enough to even make a successful application for a phc plate, no wonder Jim Muldoon fell asleep, watching the greedy trying to line their own pockets in this way is enough to put most people to sleep.

"Dog eat dog" you say, well stick around and see how that can apply both ways.

The Real GarryT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 7:52 pm 

Realcabforceforum wrote:
due to their own stupitidity

pot

kettle

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:37 pm 

NF wrote:
Realcabforceforum wrote:
due to their own stupitidity

pot

kettle

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe so, but I aint a convicted criminal, unlike your greedy friends AliT and GarryT. and can clearly see what this is all about,there is obviously more than just them hanging in for this free ride and the possibility of riches beyond your normal capacity to earn, as each day goes by you lot prove your stupidity even more and the Qc's and officialdom are there just to take advantage of such greedy and stupid people, so carry on but accept that causing trouble is never one sided.

The Real GarryT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:47 pm 

Some threads get a little bit too big and people reading them soon lose the will to live, so this one is being locked.

If however anyone wants to start up another one on this issue, then please feel free. :wink:

Alex

Simply the best taxi forum in the whole wide world. www.taxi-driver.co.uk

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9